Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Best Oregon team ever

Comments

• Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

I think Chip had better teams. This is a good one but I agree that most duck fans were annoying about how they were going to win the rematch not best team ever

Are you telling me Oregon fans thought they were going to win? The nerve of those people.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,720
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Look it only added to the enjoyment

Mainly Twitter ducks

And the media slurping

No complaints from me.

They still don't believe in Washington

Good
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,000
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

flatus said:

flatus said:

Who is calling this the best Oregon team ever?

Top 5 but clearly not the best.
    Every Oregon fan not associated with HH. Next year the same thing. And so on. And so on.
    I don't know any of these fans, but ok.

Oregon was the media darling this year which created this false narrative. I need never understood the hype but started to wonder if I was the one who was underestimating the Ducks.

I was not.
    The hype was claiming that Oregon was a lock to beat UW, I never heard anyone says this was the best Oregon team ever. Create a strawman and then, well you know the rest.
    It was only one person, but someone posted are tweet that was lamenting the fact that this was a once in a generation Duck team and the dream is now shattered.
    probably someone who is 20 years old. 2012 Oregon team was far better.
    I am sure there were 100s of duck fans that have made the claim that this is the best duck team ever.

It doesn't hurt that a vast majority of the current fan base is on the spectrum.
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    EwaDawg said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

flatus said:

flatus said:

Every Oregon fan not associated with HH. Next year the same thing. And so on. And so on.

Oregon was the media darling this year which created this false narrative. I need never understood the hype but started to wonder if I was the one who was underestimating the Ducks.

I was not.
    The hype was claiming that Oregon was a lock to beat UW, I never heard anyone says this was the best Oregon team ever. Create a strawman and then, well you know the rest.
    It was only one person, but someone posted are tweet that was lamenting the fact that this was a once in a generation Duck team and the dream is now shattered.
    I am sure there were 100s of duck fans that have made the claim that this is the best duck team ever.

Oh dear god. Were you able to sleep?
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,000
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

EwaDawg said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

flatus said:

flatus said:

I was not.

See ?
  • Options
    flatusflatus Member Posts: 877
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment First Anniversary
    Standard Supporter
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

flatus said:

flatus said:

I was not.
    It was only one person, but someone posted a tweet that was lamenting the fact that this was a once in a generation Duck team and the dream is now shattered.
    2007 (before Dixon got hurt), 2010-2012, 2014, possibly even 2019 (Herbert's senior year) could beat this year's team. I was most disappointed in this team's lack of toughness in the CCG. I expected to be torched by Penix but giving up so many yards on those early screen passes and, most of all, to Dillon on the ground was pathetic. The first 2 possessions were also mind-bogglingly horrific, both in play-calling and execution.

Definitely not the greatest Oregon team ever.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Nix seems like one of the most decorated ever

Just needs that Heisman
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,637
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I didn't see enough Oregon fans call this their greatest team or second greatest team enough for it to be annoying. The hubris about wanting the rematch and how they were going to win was ridiculous though. As an outsider, I never was putting this year's Duck team with the 2010-12/14 teams. This game confirmed that. Never put 2019 there either. Would have been interesting to see how Chip or even fucking Helfrich could have developed Herbert though as opposed to Crisco.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,570
    Swaye's Wigwam
    A loss that historical and convincing would make a fanbase like Oregon's backtrack from "this is a Natty team and one of our best ever" to "Well, maybe they're up there with 2014 but that's it."
  • Options
    flatus said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

flatus said:

flatus said:

I was not.
    It was only one person, but someone posted a tweet that was lamenting the fact that this was a once in a generation Duck team and the dream is now shattered.
    2007 (before Dixon got hurt), 2010-2012, 2014, possibly even 2019 (Herbert's senior year) could beat this year's team. I was most disappointed in this team's lack of toughness in the CCG. I expected to be torched by Penix but giving up so many yards on those early screen passes and, most of all, to Dillon on the ground was pathetic. The first 2 possessions were also mind-bogglingly horrific, both in play-calling and execution.

The play calling on what I think was the second to last possession in the game was fucking mental as well.

And they never should have gone back to Bucky after what James was getting out of the game. A less whacky and more seasoned coach wouldn’t have given a fuck about who got them there. You ride the hot hand and what’s working until it stops working.

Even the sideline reporter, who happened to be a female, made note of it to Danning.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,570
    Swaye's Wigwam

flatus said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

flatus said:

flatus said:

I was not.

The play calling on what I think was the second to last possession in the game was fucking mental as well.

And they never should have gone back to Bucky after what James was getting out of the game. A less whacky and more seasoned coach wouldn’t have given a fuck about who got them there. You ride the hot hand and what’s working until it stops working.

Even the sideline reporter, who happened to be a female, made note of it to Danning.
    It looks like James should be their big money, featured player next year.
  • Options
    flatusflatus Member Posts: 877
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment First Anniversary
    Standard Supporter

flatus said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

flatus said:

flatus said:

I was not.

Great point about James. I thought the same after Jordan busted a couple of good runs whereas Bucky was struggling to not run back into the lineman and miss the hole completely.

Bucky was a shadow of himself the last 3 games of the year. Did you watch his demeanor as he walked on and off the field between plays? I don't know if he was disinterested or what but he wasn't all greased up, that's for sure.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bucky played a long season with a ton of contact because he doesn't go down

You have to play your fresher guy. Especially 2nd half of game 13

By not having a running back and not running half the year an injured Johnson still had juice for UW
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Bucky played a long season with a ton of contact because he doesn't go down

You have to play your fresher guy. Especially 2nd half of game 13

By not having a running back and not running half the year an injured Johnson still had juice for UW

Said on the pod it really seemed like Bucky lost juice as the season went on and because he runs so fucking hard for a guy who is so small. Holding James till the second half seemed like some Jimmy Lake level 4D chess or something unless Bucky isn't really that banged up and it was just UW getting the jump on him.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

A loss that historical and convincing would make a fanbase like Oregon's backtrack from "this is a Natty team and one of our best ever" to "Well, maybe they're up there with 2014 but that's it."

I'll always maintain I thought 2010, 2011, and 2012 Oregon were scarier than 2014.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    2012 was the best. They destroyed everyone they played that year other than Stanford.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    SFGbob said:

2012 was the best. They destroyed everyone they played that year other than Stanford.

De'Anthony just made those teams scarier and him combod with Mariota was scary. Plus Chip over Helfrich.
  • Options
    flatus said:

flatus said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

flatus said:

flatus said:

I was not.

Great point about James. I thought the same after Jordan busted a couple of good runs whereas Bucky was struggling to not run back into the lineman and miss the hole completely.

Bucky was a shadow of himself the last 3 games of the year. Did you watch his demeanor as he walked on and off the field between plays? I don't know if he was disinterested or what but he wasn't all greased up, that's for sure.
    Was not greased.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,890
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

It took years for coaches to figure out Chimp's weird offense. Then he was sacrificed.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

It took years for coaches to figure out Chimp's weird offense. Then he was sacrificed.

The wefs also weren't prepared for it. Time has made me not hate Chip that much and the only Oregon coach I actually hate and will always hate is Crisco. With Chip I'm mostly a bit annoyed that I was blogging and on social media at the time and said the hyper hurry up wouldn't be a thing forever and endless people calling me an idiot.