Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

We? Need To Stop Complaining…

2»

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,392 Founders Club
    chuck said:

The only reason UW wasn't the shoe-in for the #1 seed was a stretch of close wins against teams that the other contender beat soundly...the same contender that UW beat twice.

Two wins over Oregon, road wins at top 15 Arizona, at OSU and at USC were so much better than what any other team accomplished. There really shouldn't have been a question.

But fuck it. That wouldn't have helped UW win. Half of the reason why UW fell off so much was that *we got caught up in the media love after trouncing the first few opponents. This team is better off as underdogs

Always has been
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,839

Doogles said:

Genuine question here because I’ve heard so many Doogs say people will be rooting for us? - Why do think that is? I don’t get that sense at all. It’s not like we’re some quirky Cinderella small program that casual fans fall in love with during March Madness.

Texas, Michigan, and Bama are all universally hated outside their fan bases
    Good point, but I guess we? still struggle with brand recognition I guess.

I wear my UW hat around Colorado and people ask if I’m a Washington Commanders fan.🤦‍♀️
    I live in Tennessee, was wearing a Washington Jacket with the block W logo and the person in the elevator asked me if I was a wrestler while pointing at the W.
    I like to say that the W stands for wonderful
    I like to say that the W stands for winning.
  • HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 20,324

Doogles said:

Genuine question here because I’ve heard so many Doogs say people will be rooting for us? - Why do think that is? I don’t get that sense at all. It’s not like we’re some quirky Cinderella small program that casual fans fall in love with during March Madness.

I wear my UW hat around Colorado and people ask if I’m a Washington Commanders fan.🤦‍♀️
    I live in Tennessee, was wearing a Washington Jacket with the block W logo and the person in the elevator asked me if I was a wrestler while pointing at the W.
    What? Do people there think Arizona fans practice archery?
    Adultery.

• DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,543 Founders Club

Doogles said:

What? Do people there think Arizona fans practice archery?
    From what I can tell, yes.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

RoadTrip said:

The thing about this year is there isn't a dominant team and there isnt a bullshit team. I think any of the 4 have equal chances of winning. Sark is the odd man put when it comes to coaching so I like our chances if we don't do anything catastrophically dumb

I feel like UW is in great shape to win the whole thing. People getting healthy, D playing better, run game kicking into high gear, both lines look good. For the first time in 2 months, I'm really positive. Fuck that's not good.
    We? Could not have got a better draw. We get Sark…a known choker. A team that UW beat last year. We get the privilege of ruining Sarks BEST team of all time. We know how to bear Keats defense, sure we could be number one and playing Bama who frankly would prison rape Texas in a rematch. They hadn’t cemented their QB when they played. This is fucking incredible. I’m so jacked. I know the rose bowl would have been cool but F it. Aren’t we here for championships? Small price to pay for the best draw of final 4. Fuck yeah!
    Sark is busy celebrating a Big 12 title

DeBoer couldn't care less about a Pac 12 title, other than it was an obstacle in the way of a real title

DeBoer is a fucking legend
    you could say he is built for it. he believes it
  • JoeyJoey Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,515 Founders Club

RoadTrip said:

The thing about this year is there isn't a dominant team and there isnt a bullshit team. I think any of the 4 have equal chances of winning. Sark is the odd man put when it comes to coaching so I like our chances if we don't do anything catastrophically dumb

I feel like UW is in great shape to win the whole thing. People getting healthy, D playing better, run game kicking into high gear, both lines look good. For the first time in 2 months, I'm really positive. Fuck that's not good.
    We? Could not have got a better draw. We get Sark…a known choker. A team that UW beat last year. We get the privilege of ruining Sarks BEST team of all time. We know how to bear Keats defense, sure we could be number one and playing Bama who frankly would prison rape Texas in a rematch. They hadn’t cemented their QB when they played. This is fucking incredible. I’m so jacked. I know the rose bowl would have been cool but F it. Aren’t we here for championships? Small price to pay for the best draw of final 4. Fuck yeah!
    Sark is busy celebrating a Big 12 title

DeBoer couldn't care less about a Pac 12 title, other than it was an obstacle in the way of a real title

DeBoer is a fucking legend
    Michigan had their watch party in Indy. We? got home and woke up like it was Sunday. Next team up.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,723 Swaye's Wigwam
    Postal91 said:

I totally didn't think of that but you're very correct because those are three teams that other people cannot stand unless they are a fan of.. just like Oregon and Notre Dame
    And the cougs.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,723 Swaye's Wigwam

RoadTrip said:

TexASS first but I want bama, again.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,324 Swaye's Wigwam
    I don’t know

Seems every team thinks they can beat UW so we’re “hated”