Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

OFFICIAL Georgia vs Alabama SEC Title Game - 2023

Comments

• Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,699
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Re: FSU, I'm old enough to remember a 3rd string QB, by the name of Cardale Jones, who led tOSU to a championship.
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,611
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    SECDAWG said:

MelloDawg said:

Setting up nicely to see Alabama in at No. 4.

Bama's gonna be number 1 if they win

SEC SEC SEC SEC
    And the "selection committee" will select UGA 4th. SEC being a wholly owned subsidiary of ESPN has its benefits.
    #3. They won’t rematch them up for the CFP. They’ll let em prove the other two aren’t on the same level.
    New Mexico State level?
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,245
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

SECDAWG said:

MelloDawg said:

SEC SEC SEC SEC
    And the "selection committee" will select UGA 4th. SEC being a wholly owned subsidiary of ESPN has its benefits.
    #3. They won’t rematch them up for the CFP. They’ll let em prove the other two aren’t on the same level.
    Let me get this straight. You think if Alabama wins today that they jump ahead of a Texas team that kicked their ass, AND an undefeated FSU is pushed down behind UGA and Alabama (SEC has two school in it)?

Get the heck outta here. If Bama wins there will not be an SEC team in the playoffs unless FSU blows it against Louisville. In that scenario it's:

1. Michigan
    2. UW
    3. FSU
    4. Texas

Cook it.
    I hope you're right, that's what should happen.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited December 2023

SECDAWG said:

MelloDawg said:

SEC SEC SEC SEC
    Let me get this straight. You think if Alabama wins today that they jump ahead of a Texas team that kicked their ass, AND an undefeated FSU is pushed down behind UGA and Alabama (SEC has two school in it)?

Get the heck outta here. If Bama wins there will not be an SEC team in the playoffs unless FSU blows it against Louisville. In that scenario it's:

1. Michigan
    2. UW
    3. FSU
    4. Texas

Cook it.
    There will be assassinations attempted if Bama gets moved ahead of Texas. Head to head is one of the specific factors called out in the committee ranking guidelines. If Bama can't crack the top 4 at that point, there's also no way to justify keeping UGA in after they just lost.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,568
    Founders Club

SECDAWG said:

MelloDawg said:

SEC SEC SEC SEC

1. Michigan
    2. UW
    3. FSU
    4. Texas

Cook it.
    There will be assassinations attempted if Bama gets moved ahead of Texas. Head to head is one of the specific factors called out in the committee ranking guidelines. If Bama can't crack the top 4 at that point, there's also no way to justify keeping UGA in after the just lost.
    Not assassinations, but guarunteed lawsuits
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Bama is really going to fuck up our beautiful Rose Bowl plans aren't they?
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,245
    Founders Club

SECDAWG said:

MelloDawg said:

SEC SEC SEC SEC

1. Michigan
    2. UW
    3. FSU
    4. Texas

Cook it.
    There will be assassinations attempted if Bama gets moved ahead of Texas. Head to head is one of the specific factors called out in the committee ranking guidelines. If Bama can't crack the top 4 at that point, there's also no way to justify keeping UGA in after the just lost.
    I agree with you, but the SEC has whined their way in before. SEC Sankey was setting the table for just that during College Game Day this morning.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Georgia is still winning this game
  • Options

Playoffs?

"The criteria is not to put the undefeated teams in the four-team playoff," Sankey said. "If we did that, we would have FCS teams in the CFP. You have to look deeply, and I think the committee has to consider big-picture issues like the Texas and Alabama game. That was a huge night. Should that game be scheduled? Take that game off Alabama's schedule and what does this look like right now? You have to reward people for winning those games, absolutely. You just can't ultimately penalize them. It's not a one-week analysis; it's a full-season analysis."

Sankey is so full of shit. The SEC plays an 8 game conference schedule and still largely schedules cupcakes for their OOC games. So we already know the member schools are fond of ducking other P5 competition.

Also, Bama didn't schedule Texas this year out of the goodness of their heart - they did it because it draws rating and ratings = $$$. And yeah, sometimes you're going to lose the game. So fuck off with the "woe is us" routine.
  • Options
    DoubleJDawgDoubleJDawg Member Posts: 598
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    This game is turning out to be just the showcase Sankey was looking for
  • Options
    Founders Club

Playoffs?

"The criteria is not to put the undefeated teams in the four-team playoff," Sankey said. "If we did that, we would have FCS teams in the CFP. You have to look deeply, and I think the committee has to consider big-picture issues like the Texas and Alabama game. That was a huge night. Should that game be scheduled? Take that game off Alabama's schedule and what does this look like right now? You have to reward people for winning those games, absolutely. You just can't ultimately penalize them. It's not a one-week analysis; it's a full-season analysis."

Sankey is so full of shit. The SEC plays an 8 game conference schedule and still largely schedules cupcakes for their OOC games. So we already know the member schools are fond of ducking other P5 competition.

Also, Bama didn't schedule Texas this year out of the goodness of their heart - they did it because it draws rating and ratings = $$$. And yeah, sometimes you're going to lose the game. So fuck off with the "woe is us" routine.
    His job is to advocate for his conference
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,519
    Founders Club
    What a bullshit call
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,519
    Founders Club
    Georgia is in deep shit
  • Options
    UWerentThereManUWerentThereMan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,475
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,968
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

The best thing about almost any college football game are the Dr Pepper ads. They are spot on.

At least they're semi entertaining

Most ads seemed to be made by woke trans studies majors with green hair and nose rings these days.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    I know both of these teams are good, but I don't see anything next level above what we watched last night.
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    Swaye's Wigwam
    i love when getting cute goes wrong
  • Options

I know both of these teams are good, but I don't see anything next level above what we watched last night.

This is not the Bama Georgia of 2021
  • Options
    Founders Club

Playoffs?

His job is to advocate for his conference
    And it's the press secretary's job to spew propaganda for the President. I'll still boo them both and tell them to fuck off.
    That's your job