Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

I hope Brostek redshirts

2»

Comments

• puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    To Gilliland's defense he he didn't play too shabby for a true freshman. Much better than Timu did his freshman and sophomore years.
  • IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754
    I think Strausser is going to unlock some hidden potential from some of the guys up front. If all goes well, the top 5-7 guys stay healthy and maybe Brostek can RS.

But as Puppy said, we are going to need some battle tested guys next year.

All this discussion is just icing on the cake knowing that Cozz is no longer foaming at the mouth on the sidelines.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited August 2014

If Brostek truly sucks then I will trust the coaching staff if they don't redshirt him. They may want to push him through. If he has no chance of starting or being the first guy off the bench, than that is probably the best move. Ektard and Kim were the ones hyping him up, and it very well could have been to take heat off of Sark's horrendous OL recruiting.

He never should have played in the first place, but you do have to consider the possibility that he was never any good. Cooper Pelleur, Taz Stevenson, Garrett Gilliand, Eric Wilson, Talia Crichton, Sione Potoae. Sark played a lot of guys who had no business playing. Some of them had no business even getting a scholarship. The bottom half of Sark's classes were mostly shit.

Brostek went from 280 to 260 by the end of his freshman year. I truly don't get why he didn't redshirt one of his first two years, but if he can't hold weight and doesn't have the ability, get him through the program, especially if some of the true freshman look like better players. There's no point to hold up a scholarship for a guy who will never contribute.

Fuck enough of the BROSTEK bologna. He's the strongest guy on the team and has basically played for 1 year. Settle the fuck down you idgets.
    Don't get mad at us. It's FRANNY that you are actually upset with.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,479 Founders Club
    Is Ivan still going to get ahold of these guys?