Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Cam Ward

Comments

• Options
    bisonduckbisonduck Member Posts: 714
    5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes

TheHB said:

Why wouldn't he just declare for the draft at this point?

He can make more money next year staying in school.
    3rd round pick is around $1.5 mil guaranteed.
    I bet he commands 2 million+
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Just looked at Ward's 247 profile -- I had forgotten that Ward has already transferred once.

When Heaner tried to transfer back to Washington the NCAA said he had to sit out a year due to it being a 2nd transfer and Heaner didn't have the credits to bypass that by doing a grad transfer.

How would Ward transfer a 2nd time without being forced to sit out a year?

He transferred from an FCS school which doesn’t count.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,799
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Big time tools, his mechanics have gotten a lot better this year. That would be a great pickup
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited November 2023

Big time tools, his mechanics have gotten a lot better this year. That would be a great pickup

There is no change in Wards mechanics from 2022. He’s the same guy that holds the ball too long, then runs backwards and sometimes fumbles it. When He didn’t do that, He threw the same darts that He threw last year. His numbers were better because of the 2 transfer receivers making at least 7 miracle catches for td’s this year.

But Cam flat out doesn’t know how to win a close game. No end of half deficit comebacks. And no 4th qtr deficit comebacks. One game where they trailed in the 3rd qtr after leading at half He won. That’s it.

If you can create an environment where you destroy most everyone in tne 1st half like Oregon did this year. He’s your guy. But to scrap out games like you did this year. He’d wither more often than not.

Against you guys. He was truly let down by false starts and 3 big 2nd half drops. But the last time He had the ball in his hands, He could have jogged for a 1st down but instead threw into double coverage.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,799
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Kaepsknee said:

There is no change in Wards mechanics from 2022. He’s the same guy that holds the ball too long, then runs backwards and sometimes fumbles it. When He didn’t do that, He threw the same darts that He threw last year. His numbers were better because of the 2 transfer receivers making at least 7 miracle catches for td’s this year.

But Cam flat out doesn’t know how to win a close game. No end of half deficit comebacks. And no 4th qtr deficit comebacks. One game where they trailed in the 3rd qtr after leading at half He won. That’s it.

If you can create an environment where you destroy most everyone in tne 1st half like Oregon did this year. He’s your guy. But to scrap out games like you did this year. He’d wither more often than not.
    Dickert= Deboer, Coug= UW POTD
  • Options
    RTDRTD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 787
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    Founders Club
    bisonduck said:

Bob_C said:

From what I’ve seen, he looks for the quick read and then panics and holds the ball.

His oline is trash.
    Pweston?

• Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,000
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Kaepsknee said:

Cam is a 1st half front runner. Has a huge bag of tools. And He has been fun to watch at times for sure.

But Cam Ward has never won a game in which He trailed at the end of the 1st half. And has only come back from a 4th qtr deficit once.

ACTUALLY. Upon further review. He has never come back from. 4th qtr deficit.

I somehow thought WSU overtook Wiscy in the 4th qtr in 2022. That was the 3rd quarter and His only 3rd quarter deficit comeback ever.

And that’s a 25 game body of work.

Yes, it a 25 game body of work as a cuog. He is not on the field by himself.

His supporting cast and coaching will be much, much, much better at UW should they have mutual interest.

Remember, Cam is only one of seven cuogs that UW has been tampering with.

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,237
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Penix wasn't a Heisman candidate when he came here

Some of you wanted Haener

Ward appears to throw the deep ball very well.

I'll trust DeBoer because he didn't take the guy he knew and took a chance instead on Penix

I love me some Haener
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,237
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    AEB said:

That’s an easy take. Ward rolls the B1G with UW and gets drafted high… One more year and Austin Mack runs the show.

You mean like Sam Huard? ;) <------ $75k
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,996
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

I'll trust DeBoer because he didn't take the guy he knew and took a chance instead on Penix

I love me some Haeners mom
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,993
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Various indications that he intends to portal to UW

Any indications that actually have a meaningful resonance?
    Nothing concrete but whispers from more than one unrelated source. Curious if others have heard similar
    I’ve heard similar

From you
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,993
    Founders Club

TheHB said:

If DeBoer wants him, fuckin’ A yeah, let’s go. It’s just that he’s got cuog all over him.

I have no problem with that. Maybe I've watched too many movies where there's a big makeover scene or a kick ass training montage, but I have confidence DeBoer & Co. could give the dude one hell of a QB glow-up.

• Options
    Founders Club

AEB said:

That’s an easy take. Ward rolls the B1G with UW and gets drafted high… One more year and Austin Mack runs the show.

You mean like Sam Huard? ;) <------ $75k</p>

#myLancers
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited November 2023
    Can you wash the coug off of him? That shit is rancid
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

https://youtu.be/dZLfasMPOU4?si=0GZxqbprTX7dVo19
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    AZDuck said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnMiGBMjIec
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

AZDuck said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnMiGBMjIec