Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Cam Ward

Comments

• Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    jecornel said:

This. If Ward comes to Washington the fan base should be very happy. Watch his game against the beavs.

He will also benefit from an immediate upgrade in coaching.

Kaepsknee said:

Kaepsknee said:

Kaepsknee said:

Big time tools, his mechanics have gotten a lot better this year. That would be a great pickup

There is no change in Wards mechanics from 2022. He’s the same guy that holds the ball too long, then runs backwards and sometimes fumbles it. When He didn’t do that, He threw the same darts that He threw last year. His numbers were better because of the 2 transfer receivers making at least 7 miracle catches for td’s this year.

But Cam flat out doesn’t know how to win a close game. No end of half deficit comebacks. And no 4th qtr deficit comebacks. One game where they trailed in the 3rd qtr after leading at half He won. That’s it.

If you can create an environment where you destroy most everyone in tne 1st half like Oregon did this year. He’s your guy. But to scrap out games like you did this year. He’d wither more often than not.

Against you guys. He was truly let down by false starts and 3 big 2nd half drops. But the last time He had the ball in his hands, He could have jogged for a 1st down but instead threw into double coverage.
    Sounds like you're pre-coping with the humiliation of losing your QB to us after a long string of painful humiliations
    Sounds like the only way you can get your little wiener to grow past your belly button is success of a Football team and the misfortune of their supposed rival.

But I digress. Ward is Jake Browning with more escape ability which is often used to the detriment of the team.
    This is the worst player comp of all time.
    Tell me you’ve only watched Ward in AC’s without saying so.
    Yes. Watch the 4th qtr of the Beav game and how He was a heartbeat from giving a 35-14 lead away.
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Kaepsknee said:

Kaepsknee said:

Bob_C said:

Kaepsknee said:

Kaepsknee said:

Big time tools, his mechanics have gotten a lot better this year. That would be a great pickup

There is no change in Wards mechanics from 2022. He’s the same guy that holds the ball too long, then runs backwards and sometimes fumbles it. When He didn’t do that, He threw the same darts that He threw last year. His numbers were better because of the 2 transfer receivers making at least 7 miracle catches for td’s this year.

But Cam flat out doesn’t know how to win a close game. No end of half deficit comebacks. And no 4th qtr deficit comebacks. One game where they trailed in the 3rd qtr after leading at half He won. That’s it.

If you can create an environment where you destroy most everyone in tne 1st half like Oregon did this year. He’s your guy. But to scrap out games like you did this year. He’d wither more often than not.

Against you guys. He was truly let down by false starts and 3 big 2nd half drops. But the last time He had the ball in his hands, He could have jogged for a 1st down but instead threw into double coverage.
    Sounds like you're pre-coping with the humiliation of losing your QB to us after a long string of painful humiliations
    Sounds like the only way you can get your little wiener to grow past your belly button is success of a Football team and the misfortune of their supposed rival.

But I digress. Ward is Jake Browning with more escape ability which is often used to the detriment of the team.
    UW beats bama in 2016 with Ward.
    Taking in with Couch surfer Fudgie is no way to go through life sir.

Pull up the Cal, Stanford, Arizona and ASU, UCLA games from this year and then rewatch the 2nd half of last years AC and then let me know why other than pissing cuog off, He is your answer for 2024.

Hell rewatch the 4th qtr of this years OS game as well.

Dude is not a winner. He’s a front running stats guy, just like Jake Browning was.
    It's almost like there's a mild disparity between the talent and coaching of Ward's supporting cast vs Browning's
    Except if you watch the Games I mention, it’s him holding the team back. Not the other way around.

Losing Cam Ward to you or anyone else isn’t really a concern.
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Kaepsknee said:

Kaepsknee said:

Kaepsknee said:

Kaepsknee said:

I've gone to 4 coug games this year? A bunch last year too
    Bullshit.
    Fudgie is not bullshitting about attending cuog games.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Kaepsknee said:

Kaepsknee said:

Bob_C said:

Kaepsknee said:

Kaepsknee said:

Pull up the Cal, Stanford, Arizona and ASU, UCLA games from this year and then rewatch the 2nd half of last years AC and then let me know why other than pissing cuog off, He is your answer for 2024.

Hell rewatch the 4th qtr of this years OS game as well.

Dude is not a winner. He’s a front running stats guy, just like Jake Browning was.
    It's almost like there's a mild disparity between the talent and coaching of Ward's supporting cast vs Browning's
    Except if you watch the Games I mention, it’s him holding the team back. Not the other way around.

Losing Cam Ward to you or anyone else isn’t really a concern.
    You sound concerned
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Christ, you people are sick. Why would anyone bring up brownsox and ward in the same sentence
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,799
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Kaepsknee said:

Kaepsknee said:

Kaepsknee said:

Kaepsknee said:

Bullshit.
    I live in EWA.
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,000
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Bob_C said:

Kaepsknee said:

Bob_C said:

Kaepsknee said:

Kaepsknee said:

He’ll rewatch the 4th qtr of this years OS game as well.
    I agree he has issues. He isn't my first choice by a long stretch. But there's talent there.
    And he would have DeBoner as his coach and some very good talent around him.
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,000
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Kaepsknee said:

Kaepsknee said:

Kaepsknee said:

Kaepsknee said:

Bullshit.
    I live in EWA.
    I've never seen you Fudgie.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Kaepsknee said:

jecornel said:

This. If Ward comes to Washington the fan base should be very happy. Watch his game against the beavs.

He will also benefit from an immediate upgrade in coaching.

Kaepsknee said:

Kaepsknee said:

Kaepsknee said:

Yes. Watch the 4th qtr of the Beav game and how He was a heartbeat from giving a 35-14 lead away.
    Sounds like you be glad to see him go. Or not.

What's the problem and why does it require so many posts on a uw football board to make sure everyone knows you think he sucks? You seem upset.
    I’m really indifferent as to whether He goes or stays but it’s a given that He’s going. He’s not a Qb that a team who believes they are Championship material would count on to deliver one.

DeBelly would end up benching him mid Season or sooner. As it’s my belief that his bad habits are dyed in the wool and will never wash out.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,606
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye said:

Penix wasn't a Heisman candidate when he came here

Some of you wanted Haener

Ward appears to throw the deep ball very well.

I'll trust DeBoer because he didn't take the guy he knew and took a chance instead on Penix

I love me some Haener
    As long as you acknowledge that Pup was first on the Haener-train
    Technically @swaye was first pulling a Haener train....

Can cumfirm.
    does she have a daughter
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Penix wasn't a Heisman candidate when he came here

Some of you wanted Haener

Ward appears to throw the deep ball very well.

I'll trust DeBoer because he didn't take the guy he knew and took a chance instead on Penix

I love me some Haener
    As long as you acknowledge that Pup was first on the Haener-train
    Technically @swaye was first pulling a Haener train....

It took me a second to get this reference, but once I did I laffed.
  • Options
    LaZorisLaZoris Member Posts: 1,628
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter

5 minutes and a gallon of bleach would have been more efficient
  • Options
    RTDRTD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 787
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    Founders Club
    Cam Ward was my a portal get till about game 5.