Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Babushka $7.25

13»

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,117
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    @iDawg had two distinct infactuations... Mike Reilly and Justin Wilcox
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,924
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    AZDuck said:

It is weird to see contract discussion at this point. Outside of recruiting, DeBooer is worth the money. (duh)

If Harbaugh bolts after this year, I could see Michigan making a run at him. Not sure who else he would consider over UW. Maybe Ohio State if they fire beard guy?

Seems more a B1G than SECSECSEC type to me as well.

I agree with the Duck. UW is a top 15-18 all tim school.

Look at the schools above UW in the list and you can probably eliminate the ACC & SEC schools and any schools that are still lingering just above UW - I think West Virginia is in this category.

That leaves the B1G and really only 3 schools to choose from: Michigan, tOSU and USC and I’m not sure DeBoer wants L.A. and that leaves 2 schools he’d likely go to.

If Harbaugh leaves, I think their OC is their number 1 target but unlike ADs who like to wear leopard skin, Michigan will at least interview the OC and not just offer him the job. They’ll probably even reach out/interview a few other candidates.
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Michigan would be the school I’d truly worry about
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,353
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

AZDuck said:

It is weird to see contract discussion at this point. Outside of recruiting, DeBooer is worth the money. (duh)

If Harbaugh bolts after this year, I could see Michigan making a run at him. Not sure who else he would consider over UW. Maybe Ohio State if they fire beard guy?

Seems more a B1G than SECSECSEC type to me as well.

I agree with the Duck. UW is a top 15-18 all tim school.

Look at the schools above UW in the list and you can probably eliminate the ACC & SEC schools and any schools that are still lingering just above UW - I think West Virginia is in this category.

That leaves the B1G and really only 3 schools to choose from: Michigan, tOSU and USC and I’m not sure DeBoer wants L.A. and that leaves 2 schools he’d likely go to.

If Harbaugh leaves, I think their OC is their number 1 target but unlike ADs who like to wear leopard skin, Michigan will at least interview the OC and not just offer him the job. They’ll probably even reach out/interview a few other candidates.
    Some would say this is an adorable take.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

College football is going to crash like a house of cards within the next 10 years and I’m pulling out my popcorn while stashing away extra cash for inevitable tax hikes.

As long as you are in the “Haves” money won’t be a problem. If UW wins they will be a “Have” and all the money they don’t have that they are spending now won’t be a problem. If you’re Rutgers, Mississippi St or Syracuse I’d be watching what I spend.
    Schools aren’t getting kicked out of conferences, so Rutgers and Miss st will be fine as they are in the B1G and SEC. However, Syracuse is definitely on shaky ground. If you’re not in the B1G or SEC, you better have a budget, and stick to it. (Unless you’re Notre Dame, Clemson, Miami, FSU, UNC, and maybe Virginia)

These schools could very easily hop to a bigger conference when the contract expires.