Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Film Study with Teq

Comments

• Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

I thought @bisonduck had potential when he first joined. I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt. Sadly, he? has only regressed. Maybe we? can have a Friday sacrifice two-fer with him and SFGBobby.

The CCG would be a perfect trial by combat situation - if Washington wins, both their asses are GONE!, but if Oregon wins they can STAY! and mock all of us Doogs mercilessly.

• Options
    bisonduckbisonduck Member Posts: 714
    5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    edited November 2023
    Tequilla said:

3:22 into the clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvwGGmb9El0

Here's a situation where Oregon is showing pressure with one of their ILBs in a balanced 2x2 formation with a RB

Oregon's playing softer coverage at the top of the screen which is signaling that there's likely pressure coming and playing a zone behind it for safety ... BTW, it's not a given in Oregon's defense that they are playing coverages on both sides of the field that are supportive of each other (see the Polk TD above)

What stands out in this play is how both CBs at the line of scrimmage do a pretty bad job of disguising man versus zone ... at the top he's not showing any kind of press coverage leading up the snap and while the CB at the bottom of the formation does show press to start he can be seen bailing out right before the snap

This is a HUGE indicator of zone coverage coming BEHIND a blitz ...

And as promised, right before the snap the ILB off the LOS starts to declare his intention of coming and leaves any slant behind him WIDE open

That's an EASY pitch and catch to Rome for 15

There is no chance that Penix saw Jackson bailing at the bottom of the screen (look at his eyes) and Oregon will play off man coverage. At least you picked a play with a 6 man blitz. This play didn't require better coverage disguise but better blitz execution. It looks like that should be cross dogs and Hill took a bad angle. That, or Oregon was trying to overload the gap.

Hill's reps have decreased with the emergence of Jacobs, and Bassa gets better every game. I don't know if there is a more improved player than Bassa.

I agree with you to some extent that Oregon plays aggressive. I haven't watched a replay of the WSU game yet but they seemed to be aggressive as well and held UW to 24 points. I just don't think this is some kind of rock, paper, scissors phenomenon that you are purporting philosophically and schematically with Oregon being rock and Washington paper.

UW has excellent pass pro, great receivers, and a QB that can spin the ball, and he's a 6th year player.

Oregon started getting pressure in the 2nd half. If Penix comes out like he did in October, we have to get home earlier in the game. I think the execution on a blitz like that is improved. We'll see.

• Options
    DucksFCDucksFC Member Posts: 1,109
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    edited November 2023
    Our? pass D is the shakiest part of the D, which is why UW matches up well against Oregon. I don't see Dillon Johnson running for a ton again (if he does, DOOMED) because nobody has run on us? in the second half of the year.

So it just depends on if Penix shows up looking better than he has. Which I expect him to (this also depends on his 6pm Zoom class grade), so it's going to be a battle. Gonna have to avoid big plays and committing stupid PIs.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,394
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    DucksFC said:

Our? pass D is the shakiest part of the D, which is why UW matches up well against Oregon. I don't see Dillon Johnson running for a ton again (if he does, DOOMED) because nobody has run on us? in the second half of the year.

So it just depends on if Penix shows up looking better than he has. Which I expect him to (this also depends on his 6pm Zoom class grade), so it's going to be a battle. Gonna have to avoid big plays and committing stupid PIs.

Nobody could cover the Big 3 when UW was rolling. One of them would be flying wide open deep and I don't even study film and knew that was an Oregon weakness

UW has won recently with the whole word knowing the ball was going to Odunze and yet they hit the big plays. The percentage was way down. Panic has ensued

• Options
    DucksFCDucksFC Member Posts: 1,109
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary

DucksFC said:

Nobody could cover the Big 3 when UW was rolling. One of them would be flying wide open deep and I don't even study film and knew that was an Oregon weakness

UW has won recently with the whole word knowing the ball was going to Odunze and yet they hit the big plays. The percentage was way down. Panic has ensued

I will forever be perplexed why teams still insist on man covering Franklin and Odunze

which I expect both teams to do on Friday
  • Options
    DucksFC said:

I don't expect Oregon to hold UW to 20 points. I doubt they sleepwalk against Oregon.

Oregon needs make Penix uncomfortable.
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,606
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Where was this guy when Penix hit Rome in the end zone with a minute left?
  • Options

I don’t know but he’s worked on improving. 🤷🏼‍♂️
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,800
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    bisonduck said:

I don’t know but he’s worked on improving. 🤷🏼‍♂️
    He worked on it ??

Losers “work” on it, winners go home and fuck the prom queen. *

*in before @bisonduck corrects the quote
  • Options
    AZDuck said:

That’s a lotta words.

Penix is dangerous w/quick release makes him harder to blitz or pressure from the ends. We? have a bit more depth at LB & DE than we did at mid season, and I think thst might tell in the second half.

TBH I still don’t have a good read on you guyz. It FEELS like we should be able to disrupt you pass-heavy offense, but our secondary is the weakest link of the defense. If the base pass rush can get to Penix and disrupt his rhythm, we? win rather easily. If we? have to resort to blitzes, the game will be close like the last one.

Watching the replays, Oregon needs to be smarter in their blitzes too. They got out of their rush lanes and didn't get their hands up in the first half.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,900
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    bisonduck said:

AZDuck said:

That’s a lotta words.

Penix is dangerous w/quick release makes him harder to blitz or pressure from the ends. We? have a bit more depth at LB & DE than we did at mid season, and I think thst might tell in the second half.

TBH I still don’t have a good read on you guyz. It FEELS like we should be able to disrupt you pass-heavy offense, but our secondary is the weakest link of the defense. If the base pass rush can get to Penix and disrupt his rhythm, we? win rather easily. If we? have to resort to blitzes, the game will be close like the last one.

Watching the replays, Oregon needs to be smarter in their blitzes too. They got out of their rush lanes and didn't get their hands up in the first half.

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,394
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Saw on Twitter that the big 3 UW receivers are healthy and ready to rumble
  • Options

Saw on Twitter that the big 3 UW receivers are healthy and ready to rumble

• Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,900
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    bisonduck said:
    Only a retard would use a ginger in a gif.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,515
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I can’t think of a thread title that would make me scroll past any faster than this one