Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Oregon wins 75% of the time

2»

Comments

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,960
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    PurpleJ said:

Swaye said:

Blo Dix has a very punchable face

Would fit in well in the Hitler Youth. Pretty sure I saw him punch a pro-Israel protester last week!
    @PurpleJ said this about my son. Hurtful, boss.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,526
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

dannarc said:

Whatever bs equation this thing is has hated Washington and loved Oregon. I'm pretty sure they had Oregon's percentage really high going into the last game.

It was like 57% Oregon probability for the last game.

I gotta tell you though - I don't know that 75% is that far off the mark. This one doesn't feel like a coin flip to me and the rational side of my brain keeps saying it's exceedingly difficult to beat a tough Oregon squad 3 times in a row.
    You are struggling with reality, Boss. Turn that loser PTSD off for a minute and smoke some more weed, it will help you talk the appropriate amount of shit.

My half-brain says we have won 19 in a row, beat them twice in a row with the same squad and are poised to do it a third time. DeBoner has got his reads down against OU and how to win big games. Defense has tightened up, Bruener will have a game Friday, Penix will be in the zone...This is a STATEMENT gayme. Deal with it!!!!1!
    I'm severely torn between the smoke weed and talk shit side of my brain and the objective side of my brain.

I have objectively expected UW to win every game this year. I objectively expect them to lose this one, though.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

dannarc said:

Whatever bs equation this thing is has hated Washington and loved Oregon. I'm pretty sure they had Oregon's percentage really high going into the last game.

I gotta tell you though - I don't know that 75% is that far off the mark. This one doesn't feel like a coin flip to me and the rational side of my brain keeps saying it's exceedingly difficult to beat a tough Oregon squad 3 times in a row.
    You are struggling with reality, Boss. Turn that loser PTSD off for a minute and smoke some more weed, it will help you talk the appropriate amount of shit.

My half-brain says we have won 19 in a row, beat them twice in a row with the same squad and are poised to do it a third time. DeBoner has got his reads down against OU and how to win big games. Defense has tightened up, Bruener will have a game Friday, Penix will be in the zone...This is a STATEMENT gayme. Deal with it!!!!1!
    I'm severely torn between the smoke weed and talk shit side of my brain and the objective side of my brain.

I have objectively expected UW to win every game this year. I objectively expect them to lose this one, though.
    In boner I trust. This dude has some weird magic to him.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,581
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    DucksFC said:

I'm glad to know the game has already been played and I can start booking my tickets for Pasadena. Thanks for showing up, guysm!

Would be a damn shame if Texas made it in over your fanbase
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,259
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dannarc said:

More worried about short rest week and emotional let down after what turned into a TUFF apple cup after an eternity of TUFF games.

The fighting Dannings lucked out and what should have been a TUFF beav had their coach sell the couch. Plus a day of rest and a Friday game (Rest in Piss Pac12 scheduling)

Will the Huskies be out of gas or used to being #battletested?

Will the Ducks be tanned rested and ready or turn out to be front running faggots?

I hear the Ducks are BALANCED but UW matches up with them well at key talent positions.

I tend to think the injury situations and extra rest will be more impactful than a lot of other things since these teams have shown to be commiserate in Talent.

For both teams this is a date with destiny to define an era. Don't be a faggot and embrace that the stakes are higher than ever. "We were built for this."
  • Options
    flatusflatus Member Posts: 877
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment First Anniversary
    Standard Supporter

It was basically a pick 'em in Seattle. That wasn't wrong.
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited November 2023
    flatus said:

It was basically a pick 'em in Seattle. That wasn't wrong.
    A minus 3 line at home means the teams are regarded equally. Its the same as a pickem on a neutral field.

edit: i guess thats what you were saying but im here to point out why you are wrong anyway
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,601
  • Options
    flatusflatus Member Posts: 877
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment First Anniversary
    Standard Supporter
    LaZoris said:

UW was favored last game but that faggy predictor still had oregon in the 60-70 percentile in OCT.
    It did not. It was 53.6%, as stated already by another poaster. Vegas had UW -3.

The game was decided on a missed FG, so it's silly to use the last game as an example of how fucked up the predictor is.

I hope the UW team isn't as emotional about the spread and FPI predictor as you guys are. I'd rather be an underdog in this one, tbh.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,429
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    flatus said:

LaZoris said:

UW was favored last game but that faggy predictor still had oregon in the 60-70 percentile in OCT.
    It did not. It was 53.6%, as stated already by another poaster. Vegas had UW -3.

The game was decided on a missed FG, so it's silly to use the last game as an example of how fucked up the predictor is.

I hope the UW team isn't as emotional about the spread and FPI predictor as you guys are. I'd rather be an underdog in this one, tbh.
    10 point favorite

Love it
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,606
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    flatus said:

LaZoris said:

It would be ridiculous to expect an obviously weakened and burnt out UW to win this game.

I think Nix puts it all together and shows he’s not just the clear heisman winner but the top qb in the upcoming draft.

All Oregon has to do beat uw and so many great things are on the horizon, including a national championship.
  • Options
    DoogerMcFarlandDoogerMcFarland Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 739
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

dannarc said:

More worried about short rest week and emotional let down after what turned into a TUFF apple cup after an eternity of TUFF games.

The fighting Dannings lucked out and what should have been a TUFF beav had their coach sell the couch. Plus a day of rest and a Friday game (Rest in Piss Pac12 scheduling)

Will the Huskies be out of gas or used to being #battletested?

Will the Ducks be tanned rested and ready or turn out to be front running faggots?

I hear the Ducks are BALANCED but UW matches up with them well at key talent positions.

I tend to think the injury situations and extra rest will be more impactful than a lot of other things since these teams have shown to be commiserate in Talent.

For both teams this is a date with destiny to define an era. Don't be a faggot and embrace that the stakes are higher than ever. "We were built for this."
    An emotional letdown in this gayme would be something.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,259
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

The letdown is when Oregon players go

Fuck here we go again

@RaceBannon is a man of faith which gives him superior strength during these trying times.

Didn't the reverend go blind, lose his faith, and die of a brain aneurysm?

Sounds about right.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,960
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2023

The letdown is when Oregon players go

Fuck here we go again

@RaceBannon is a man of faith which gives him superior strength during these trying times.

Didn't the reverend go blind, lose his faith, and die of a brain aneurysm?

Sounds about right.
    LIPO

Race may join me after Friday.