Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Oregon wins 75% of the time

JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,150
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
edited November 2023 in Hardcore Husky Board
They win this game that has yet to be played… ever. The only one of its kind. Never done before. They win this game 75% of the time. Incredible foreshadowing.

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,430
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bama had a .01 win probability on 4th and goal from the 31
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,555
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Whatever bs equation this thing is has hated Washington and loved Oregon. I'm pretty sure they had Oregon's percentage really high going into the last game.
  • Options
    DoogerMcFarlandDoogerMcFarland Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 739
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2023

Whatever bs equation this thing is has hated Washington and loved Oregon. I'm pretty sure they had Oregon's percentage really high going into the last game.

I don't know if it's calculated the same way once the game starts, but it looks like after the opening kickoff, Oregon had a 53.6% win probability which peaked late in the fourth at 96.6%.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,960
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

It was like 57% Oregon probability for the last game.

I gotta tell you though - I don't know that 75% is that far off the mark. This one doesn't feel like a coin flip to me and the rational side of my brain keeps saying it's exceedingly difficult to beat a tough Oregon squad 3 times in a row.
  • Options
    LaZorisLaZoris Member Posts: 1,628
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter

UW was favored last game but that faggy predictor still had oregon in the 60-70 percentile in OCT.
  • Options
    bisonduckbisonduck Member Posts: 714
    5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    edited November 2023

FPI has Ohio State as the best team in the country and Penn State 4th. 7-5 TAMU is equal to 12-0 UW.

FPI is twash as fuck
    Yet people love their strength of record metric. It should just be another data point of many.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,581
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

FPI is always impressed by stars
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,447
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    bisonduck said:

FPI has Ohio State as the best team in the country and Penn State 4th. 7-5 TAMU is equal to 12-0 UW.

FPI is twash as fuck
    Yet people love their strength of record metric. It should just be another data point of many.
    FPI is used for theoretical games and betting

SOR is used by the committee for ranking teams

They are not the same
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Swaye said:

Blo Dix has a very punchable face

• Options
    dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,269
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

I gotta tell you though - I don't know that 75% is that far off the mark. This one doesn't feel like a coin flip to me and the rational side of my brain keeps saying it's exceedingly difficult to beat a tough Oregon squad 3 times in a row.
    You are struggling with reality, Boss. Turn that loser PTSD off for a minute and smoke some more weed, it will help you talk the appropriate amount of shit.

My half-brain says we have won 19 in a row, beat them twice in a row with the same squad and are poised to do it a third time. DeBoner has got his reads down against OU and how to win big games. Defense has tightened up, Bruener will have a game Friday, Penix will be in the zone...This is a STATEMENT gayme. Deal with it!!!!1!
  • Options

bisonduck said:

FPI is twash as fuck
    FPI is used for theoretical games and betting

SOR is used by the committee for ranking teams

They are not the same
    You really think they're using that specific metric? FPI is predictive and SOR is static look at resume. However, the SOR and committee rankings are not correlated exactly. ESPN's SOR is how the average top 25 team would fair against the same schedule.
  • Options
    PurpleJ said:

Swaye said:

Blo Dix has a very punchable face

Would fit in well in the Hitler Youth. Pretty sure I saw him punch a pro-Israel protester last week!
    I heard Isreal and the IDF is new the Hitler. Everyone is Hitler really.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,960
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dannarc said:

You are struggling with reality, Boss. Turn that loser PTSD off for a minute and smoke some more weed, it will help you talk the appropriate amount of shit.

My half-brain says we have won 19 in a row, beat them twice in a row with the same squad and are poised to do it a third time. DeBoner has got his reads down against OU and how to win big games. Defense has tightened up, Bruener will have a game Friday, Penix will be in the zone...This is a STATEMENT gayme. Deal with it!!!!1!
    I'm severely torn between the smoke weed and talk shit side of my brain and the objective side of my brain.