Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

allegedly

13»

Comments

• Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,961
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Gladstone said:

Gladstone said:

I defended this place for years upon years about this exact thing. Countless doogs would talk shit about how everyone was just miserable in general at HH and would never be satisfied with UW football. I would laugh and then talk about how it's simply about being WASHINGTON, smoking weed and talking shit as is our Dobie-given right.

It has been absolutely wild to be proven wrong, at least to a small degree. I never in a hundred years would have predicted how sniveling, like...and I can't believe I am typing this... ~ 50%? of the posters here are. Still whining about the softest of shit. We're 11 and fucking 0 lmao. Jimmy Lake was two years ago. I dreamed and longed for seasons like this through the darkest of football years, and that was without living through any previous greatness to hold me over (Tui senior year notwithstanding). I still have an intense nostalgia and appreciation for this place though, so don't twist. This comes from a place of negadawg love.

Most of you are massive pussies and I am legitimately, unironically disappointed lol. See ya'll in Vegas.

Call me a pussy to my face you jolly green giant mutha fucker @Gladstone !!
    LOL I literally texted you last week and asked if you wanted to meet up in Vegas and you aren't going, so fuck off with that you admittedly handsome Thor-looking rowing bastard.

UW has is a school headed to one of only two Power Football Conferences in America, a football President, an AD selected by the football coach, a team that’s 11-0, a coach that’s undefeated against Oregon, USC and a GOOD Oregon state and 22-2 the last two seasons. My goodness, I think, just maybe the lunatic fringe has won the war. I’m looking forward to being in-person at the next two games that my Dwags will win by 2 and 6. The opposition in both games will have the ball with a chance to win just before … they don’t. Embrace the chaos that is Husky Football!

No joke I met and spoke to AMC before the USC game and took a selfie with her while wearing my MMFG shirt lmao (Wilbs or Yellow can confirm this). I thanked her to her FACE for her work in saving and then leveling up the program. She's a killer. This is by far the most doogish any of us have had a right to be in like, I don't know, a long ass time ago?

Mount up. Beating Oregon (again) in Vegas after weeks of incessant media screeching over how much better they are is going to do fucking wonders for the beaten down psyche of our fanbase.
    You’re like 6-8 and she looks like she’s 5-4.
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,306
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    edited November 2023
    SECDAWG said:

Blayen said:

I've learned a lot of important lessons as a husky fan over the last few decades from those much more intelligent and wise than I.

I learned that holes of winlessness are insurmountable and can be used as an excuse for everything by the subsequent coach.
    I learned that average coaches deserve a fourth year because stability with the wrong coach is always better than changing to get the right one.
    I learned that local media only reports on a coaches alcoholic shenanigans after they are fired, because access is always better than actual reporting.
    I learned that hiring a failed coach as a PR move to show how unracist you are is better than winning, even if that means going winless in his 4th year. At least the local NFL running back was happy.
    I learned that spontaneous push ups are superior to an actual resume, and that impressive interviews are more important than actual experience when selecting coaches.
    I learned that cupcakes are very bad for some teams, but just fine for others.

But most importantly, I learned that 0-11 the right way is always better than 11-0 the wrong way.

I think this year has been amazing, and have enjoyed it immensely. But given our history I understand those who point out the holes, or who are nervous about having a small window of opportunity being lost.

I tried to read that diatribe, really without my southern, SEC glasses on.

Horrible. I hope you ain’t serious.

I’ll wait…
    All of this is true. It describes being a University of Washington football fan from around 2003 to 2015 or so.

This board exists because of that (it had 2-3 predecessor boards but still) and we have ALL the receipts.

Edited to add: for the benefit of @SECDAWG, the running back mentioned was SEC legend Shaun Alexander. After Willingham went 4-8 or some shit his 3rd year and we were screaming to fire him, Alexander wrote a letter to the athletic department advocating for Willingham to be brought back for year 4. It was published after a FOIA request. Willingham promptly went 0-12. Fuck both those assholes for ever.