Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Football Question: Which Team Lost the Most?

HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
edited July 2014 in Hardcore Husky Board

Football Question: Which Team Lost the Most? 38 votes

UW- Coons, Price, Sankey, ASJ, Parker, Smith, Ducre
10%
chrisvashonAZDuckdncMadHusky 4 votes
UCLA- Evans, Sua-Filo, Barr, Marsh, Zumwalt
5%
PurpleBazeMeek 2 votes
Stanford- Murphy, Reynolds, Skov, Yankey, Gardner, Gaffney, Hewitt, a few other OL
84%
DerekJohnsonTierbsHsotBoobsMikeDamoneCFetters_Nacho_LoverHouhuskyFire_Marshall_BillSwayePostGameOrangeSlicesRoadDawg55Mad_SonHeretoBeatmyChestdhdawggreenbloodPurpleJDennis_DeYoungGladstoneTTJpriapismchuckoregonblitzkrieg 32 votes

Comments

• Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    UW- Coons, Price, Sankey, ASJ, Parker, Smith, Ducre
    Price and Sankey were like 81% of your offense.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Stanford- Murphy, Reynolds, Skov, Yankey, Gardner, Gaffney, Hewitt, a few other OL
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,495
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    UCLA- Evans, Sua-Filo, Barr, Marsh, Zumwalt
    @HeretoBeatmyChest, I don't know why you included ASJ on your UW list. I think losing him is a case of addition by subtraction.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,665
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Smith, Ducre, and Parker - all good players but we'll miss them mostly from an experience standpoint.

ASJ - imo can be reasonably replaced (as in TE won't be a weakness of the offense).

Sankey - definitely a loss but we'll still have great production in the running game and a new threat from the qb.

Price - imo Miles will prove to be an upgrade wrt our system.

Coons - a legit loss.

I will say that I'm probably underestimating Kevin Smith a bit. Dude was great for us at times.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,420
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    This is an outstanding question and thread idea. Not to mention a tough question to answer.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I'm glad we get Stanford when we do.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

This is an outstanding question and thread idea. Not to mention a tough question to answer.

I don't know how tough though. Stanford offensively struggled at times. That top 5 defense last year made them elite. Now going into this season with 80% of it gone, it's going to be tough. Every one talks about how great their quarterback play was last year, but I didn't see it. Hogan single handedly cost Stanford the USC game. This will be a down year for the Furd. I'm thinking 8-4 or 7-5 this year.
    I agree about Stanford going 8-4. They are ranked as a top 10 team solely based on the reputation they have earned the past four years. I understand giving them the benefit of the doubt based on their recent success, but this is certainly not a preseason top 10. On offense, they lost an 1,800 yard rusher and 4 of 5 OL. I think it's almost a certainty that their running game drops off this year. We'll see if Hogan has what it takes when the pressure is on him. Montgomery is the only skill player they have that will put fear into opposing defenses.

On defense, they lost the best player in the conference. Some think it was Barr, but Murphy was better imo. Skov was a great leader at MLB, Gardner was a very good DL. Reynolds was an all conference safety. That's a lot of departing talent for a team ranked in the top 10. I haven't even mentioned their schedule. UW, Oregon, UCLA, Notre Dame, and ASU all on the road. I will bet anyone that UW finishes ahead of Stanford in the North this year.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    @DerekJohnson‌, A better question would be who has the best ability to replace what they lost.

Agree with greenblood that Stanford lost the most. Seems like the media places a huge importance on QB when doing preseason rankings. We should beat Stanford and we should be favored in that game.

I somewhat disagree with RoadDawg on UCLA. They were #8 SRS last year (ASU #7, Stanford #5, UW #13) and very consistent. They were a better version of UW that didn't have the home field advantage but played well on the road. They had an extremely difficult schedule last year. They lose some great players in the front 7 but have young studs like Jack, Vanderdoes and McCarthy. Plus you can expect Mora to get everything out of them as he did the last two years.

I do think Miles running ability and a breakout by DW will negate the loss of Sankey and Price. Not entirely but perhaps to a large degree. ASJ is a loss as he'd really help Miles develop and he helped the OL. However, it won't be like losing Jerramy Stevens who was clutch and a true go to guy.

Guys like Miles, Washington, Coleman, Kelly, Qualls, King, Beaver will determine how the season goes for UW. Miles and Washington have good experience while Coleman and Kelly were scout team players of the year. Peters and Feeney were recent winners. Thats a good sign. I think Qualls will help DT depth a lot. He's earned good reviews so far. I don't know about the secondary though. I think injuries will be a concern.
  • Options
    DardanusDardanus Member Posts: 2,623
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I do think Stanford lost a tremendous amount of defensive talent, but I'm not as optimistic about them taking a step back as chestbeater is. Stanford has recruited and reloaded well for several years. Until proven otherwise, I don't see any reason why they won't reload and be good this year too.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,100
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Price had trust issues.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Water always finds its own level. Fuck Stanford

Who the fuck are you?
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,680
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Stanford is going to come down off the Harbaugh high with or without all those key losses. They're fucked.