Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

LA Times columnist Bill Plaschke's criticism of Jen Cohen

13»

Comments

• Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,490
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    HFNY said:

chuck said:

HFNY said:

dannarc said:

SC has two conference losses, if they can beat Oregon they should be in drivers seat for #2 spot and another shot at UW. TSIO as far as playoffs for them but there is still a conference championship and alot of foosball left.

I just don't see USC beating Oregon on the road. The offenses are comparable but USC's D isn't very good and they've lost 3 of their last 4. Junior Seau and Ronnie Lott ain't coming through the door anytime soon.
    Oregon might win something like 77-49. The best thing to come out of that game for UW will be that Irving and James are going to rack up some mileage on their legs.
    The only chance USC has (besides Lanning screwing things up and some lucky bounces) is doing whatever they can to stop the run. It seemed like their secondary is pretty talented but had communication issues so if they can shore that up with a change in coaching, they might rise to the occasion.

I don't know if that means running a true 3-3-5 or even a 3-4 at times but their light front is a disaster.
    Depending on their depth, USC should run a 5-2-4. I don't think USC prepared for the run against UW, which is why it gashed them so badly. For Oregon, they should be expecting it and preparing their DL
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

HFNY said:

chuck said:

HFNY said:

dannarc said:

SC has two conference losses, if they can beat Oregon they should be in drivers seat for #2 spot and another shot at UW. TSIO as far as playoffs for them but there is still a conference championship and alot of foosball left.

I just don't see USC beating Oregon on the road. The offenses are comparable but USC's D isn't very good and they've lost 3 of their last 4. Junior Seau and Ronnie Lott ain't coming through the door anytime soon.
    Oregon might win something like 77-49. The best thing to come out of that game for UW will be that Irving and James are going to rack up some mileage on their legs.
    The only chance USC has (besides Lanning screwing things up and some lucky bounces) is doing whatever they can to stop the run. It seemed like their secondary is pretty talented but had communication issues so if they can shore that up with a change in coaching, they might rise to the occasion.

I don't know if that means running a true 3-3-5 or even a 3-4 at times but their light front is a disaster.
    Depending on their depth, USC should run a 5-2-4. I don't think USC prepared for the run against UW, which is why it gashed them so badly. For Oregon, they should be expecting it and preparing their DL
    On the GIF rewatch, I was shocked how many times there was no one for our° to block.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,406
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HFNY said:

chuck said:

HFNY said:

dannarc said:

It won’t matter. Oregon in a boat race.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,528
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Bob_C said:

HFNY said:

chuck said:

HFNY said:

dannarc said:

I tend to agree. Specific schemes aside, if your defense sucks and is going to give up many touchdown drives and you have a really good offense of your own, then just be aggressive and try and make something happen. Just need a couple of plays to go your way to have a chance as we saw last weekend. Don't be scared about giving up big plays and instead just get gashed 8 play drives that end with the same result.
    I don't think they have the talent and depth to consistently run with 5 DL.

They can't change their roster at their point and it feels like rearranging deckchairs on the Titanic.
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 9,210
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    HFNY said:

Bob_C said:

HFNY said:

chuck said:

HFNY said:

dannarc said:

I tend to agree. Specific schemes aside, if your defense sucks and is going to give up many touchdown drives and you have a really good offense of your own, then just be aggressive and try and make something happen. Just need a couple of plays to go your way to have a chance as we saw last weekend. Don't be scared about giving up big plays and instead just get gashed 8 play drives that end with the same result.
    I don't think they have the talent and depth to consistently run with 5 DL.

They can't change their roster at their point and it feels like rearranging deckchairs on the Titanic.
    I was talking more general aggressiveness. A couple of key sacks and maybe a fumble or a pick could be enough here. Sitting back with three lineman and 8 cover guys is just gonna get the slowly carved up all game. Go down swinging on d, they are scoring 40 regardless.
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,041
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    RTD said:

SpermCenter's probably the guy who fathered 500-plus children by over donating at the bank. Gettin off to watching dog cuddle videos, Netflix and Chill.

how is it “over donating” if you get paid to bust a nut?
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,410
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bob_C said:

HFNY said:

chuck said:

HFNY said:

dannarc said:

UW D made two plays on SC and that was the difference.

Only way SC can win is to create as many turns (possessions) as possible and try to outscore the Ducks, so I'd also go boom/bust with blitzes, stack los, etc and try to get a turnover, sack, holding penalty etc.

If they allow UO to control top they will lose fugly
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,418
    Founders Club

FireCohen said:

Wish Seattle reporters had fucking standards like the USC reporters.

I wish I could do a whole podcast on how big of cowards they are
    If only you were a member of a Husky Football podcast that could do an episode on it.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,100
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Bob_C said:
    I would love to get my French tips done by Caleb. 💅💄🏈
    Just the tips
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,100
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Canadawg said:

FireCohen said:

The P12CG Oregon debacle was wack. Not firing Hopkins was wack. Letting Lake hire John Donovan was probably the worst of all.

But moving on from Lake quickly and hiring DeBoer, plus getting to the B1G are all good things.

Idk… she’s mediocre. Not worth getting fired up about IMO. They’re stuck with Riley and that contract, but getting Grinch out of there is good for USC. I don’t see how she deserves criticism for what’s happening at USC right now.

We got lucky, lake decided to hit a student. That opened the can of worms that got him sacked. She would have kept him
    Caple did a great job of getting the text messages between Cohen and Cauce which prove @FireCohen’s point. Jen flat out told Cauce that she wasn’t gonna fire Lake if he showed remorse (my word).

She was over her head at UW and thought she’d skate by with Riley already in place at USC but now she’s getting into dangerous territory if Riley wants to stay but can’t figure out the defensive side.

All that being said, she sucks so I hope she gets a ton of criticism and grief.
    Is this out there? Link?
    Komo buttfucker. Can’t have a link when it was 2 years ago.

It was in the Athletic.
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,910
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Canadawg said:

FireCohen said:

The P12CG Oregon debacle was wack. Not firing Hopkins was wack. Letting Lake hire John Donovan was probably the worst of all.

But moving on from Lake quickly and hiring DeBoer, plus getting to the B1G are all good things.

Idk… she’s mediocre. Not worth getting fired up about IMO. They’re stuck with Riley and that contract, but getting Grinch out of there is good for USC. I don’t see how she deserves criticism for what’s happening at USC right now.

We got lucky, lake decided to hit a student. That opened the can of worms that got him sacked. She would have kept him
    Caple did a great job of getting the text messages between Cohen and Cauce which prove @FireCohen’s point. Jen flat out told Cauce that she wasn’t gonna fire Lake if he showed remorse (my word).

She was over her head at UW and thought she’d skate by with Riley already in place at USC but now she’s getting into dangerous territory if Riley wants to stay but can’t figure out the defensive side.

All that being said, she sucks so I hope she gets a ton of criticism and grief.
    Is this out there? Link?
    I read the same article. It is legit. Too lazy to look it up tho.
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,910
    Swaye's Wigwam

godawgst said:

Bob_C said:

HFNY said:

chuck said:

HFNY said:

dannarc said:

UW D made two plays on SC and that was the difference.

Only way SC can win is to create as many turns (possessions) as possible and try to outscore the Ducks, so I'd also go boom/bust with blitzes, stack los, etc and try to get a turnover, sack, holding penalty etc.

If they allow UO to control top they will lose fugly
    Either way this will be an impressive win for oregon. It will also show that uw's win over usc was not very impressive.

It really is a shame that we? Lost to Oregon this year.