Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

GrundleGifskins: USC [2023]

1235»

Comments

• Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,895
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

dnc said:

Long Johnson goes deep

GIF Link: https://i.imgur.com/iYOTxWh.gif
    This deep pitch play that worked several times seems to be a new wrinkle. Gives a little time for blocks to execute and lets the big johnson get up a head of speed. Team seemed to execute it well. Am I the only one not remembering us doing this in prior games?
    They did it once or twice against Stanford or ASU IIRC. But it was definitely a new emphasis. Curious if it was USC specific or something we'll use going forward.
    Because I’m a dork, I’m more interested to see whether they run the counters off that. That clip shows jet action, and there’s probably half dozen boot/play actions.
    At a minimum, they’re at least showing the boot and if you watch Rome, he turns back like he might get a pass
    Rome was the first fake on jet. I'm sure he could get a pass out of that series, but him and Penix turn around to watch the play. I had to trim that clip, ever mindful of bandwidth massacre.

And blocking was teh tits. Giles Jackson gets a good one, and is that Center? that get the final key one on the safety (I think).
    Yup, Center makes his presence felt way downfield.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,444
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

Long Johnson goes deep

GIF Link: https://i.imgur.com/iYOTxWh.gif
    This deep pitch play that worked several times seems to be a new wrinkle. Gives a little time for blocks to execute and lets the big johnson get up a head of speed. Team seemed to execute it well. Am I the only one not remembering us doing this in prior games?
    They did it once or twice against Stanford or ASU IIRC. But it was definitely a new emphasis. Curious if it was USC specific or something we'll use going forward.
    Because I’m a dork, I’m more interested to see whether they run the counters off that. That clip shows jet action, and there’s probably half dozen boot/play actions.
    At a minimum, they’re at least showing the boot and if you watch Rome, he turns back like he might get a pass
    Rome was the first fake on jet. I'm sure he could get a pass out of that series, but him and Penix turn around to watch the play. I had to trim that clip, ever mindful of bandwidth massacre.

And blocking was teh tits. Giles Jackson gets a good one, and is that Center? that get the final key one on the safety (I think).
    A lot of our WR run normal routes on running plays. Look at the long TD by Johnson where our trips all run routes and pull the DBs away. It's essentially the same as our WRs blocking but it's a lot easier on them and less chance of drawing a holding penalty
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,531
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Okay let's wrap up all this dooging and see how the offense does against Utah's tuff defense.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,895
    Founders Club

Okay let's wrap up all this dooging and see how the offense does against Utah's tuff defense.

It’s only Wednesday. I Doog until I go to sleep Thursday night.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

It’s only Wednesday. I Doog until I go to sleep Thursday night.

• Options
    Founders Club