Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Still no game time for UW-Utah

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,482 Founders Club

Didn't DeBoer's offense work outdoors in North Dakota in November?

34,27,14,and 44 points

That was Indiana in November 2019 with DeBoer as OC

Michigan held them to 14
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,389 Founders Club

Current weather forecast (10 days out, I know) calls for 60% chance of rain and lightning. Can't wait to have our air it out offense and Florida QB play in that against the team that wants it sloppy as hell to win.

Do I sense a cloud-seeding conspiracy theory coming on our next pod?
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,578
    @89ute says Utah found their offense over the bye week. Barnes getting all the first team reps instead of splitting reps with rising turned them into an offensive juggernaut. 34 ppg vs cal and usc!
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,389 Founders Club
    ntxduck said:

@89ute says Utah found their offense over the bye week. Barnes getting all the first team reps instead of splitting reps with rising turned them into an offensive juggernaut. 34 ppg vs cal and usc!

Anything can happen if Utah gets all greased up to play UW

@JoeEDangerously
    @WoolleyDoog
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,261 Swaye's Wigwam

ntxduck said:

@JoeEDangerously
    @WoolleyDoog
    I would actually usually put Utah on the lowest end of Pac-12 teams in how up they seemed to get for playing UW. I'm sure that will change in two weeks though.

My rallying cry is the season has and is pretty much going to be on the offense once they got up 11 on Oregon. I'd be surprised if Utah can put up more than around 20 in Husky Stadium and it's going to be on the offense to get some scores and not give Utah the ball back over and over again so they can run the clock out.

ntxduck said:

@JoeEDangerously
    @WoolleyDoog
    I would actually usually put Utah on the lowest end of Pac-12 teams in how up they seemed to get for playing UW. I'm sure that will change in two weeks though.

My rallying cry is the season has and is pretty much going to be on the offense once they got up 11 on Oregon. I'd be surprised if Utah can put up more than around 20 in Husky Stadium and it's going to be on the offense to get some scores and not give Utah the ball back over and over again so they can run the clock out.
    I don't see us losing to Utah, but I enjoy using the term "greased up" and then CCing you and Joey
    It's what I like to do

ntxduck said:

@JoeEDangerously
    @WoolleyDoog

I don't see us losing to Utah, but I enjoy using the term "greased up" and then CCing you and Joey
    Just protect Penix and it should be a good matchup for UW. Utah's pass defense fell off a lot this year and if you get up by 10 the game should be over.

ntxduck said:

@JoeEDangerously
    @WoolleyDoog

Just protect Penix and it should be a good matchup for UW. Utah's pass defense fell off a lot this year and if you get up by 10 the game should be over.
    Utah is very inept. You’ll be fine.
    ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

@JoeEDangerously
    @WoolleyDoog

Agree, but still a little worried. They remind me a bit of ASU and the offense suddenly can't handle any pressure. ASU's DBs oddly might actually be better though.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,757 Swaye's Wigwam
    MelloDawg said:

This is terribly disrespectful to fans

Pulled my 500k donation that was scheduled next week. I will donate when this program starts giving a shit. Football has way to many dead weights on the staff and the fact that Kalen gave them 2 year extensions before the season is when he lost me. Basketball is an absolute mess and no clue how they get that program back on track. Coaching staff probably won’t talk to me anymore but I could care less. This is unacceptable and I won’t contribute to it.
    Alright, @sonics1993 Why you sitting in coach anyways?
  • JoeyJoey Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,552 Founders Club

ntxduck said:

@JoeEDangerously
    @WoolleyDoog

It’s a WoolleyDoog original
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,916 Founders Club
    edited November 2023

Didn't DeBoer's offense work outdoors in North Dakota in November?

34,27,14,and 44 points

That was Indiana in November 2019 with DeBoer as OC

Michigan held them to 14
    I believe this was after Penix was hurt as well.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,506 Swaye's Wigwam

ntxduck said:

@JoeEDangerously
    @WoolleyDoog

Their main issue was that they as a staff got dominated by Petersen's staff which makes sense with how he dominated the mountain west so long at Boise.

The tryhard shit never worked as well against Washington as it did against Oregon and USC.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,042 Standard Supporter
    haie said:

ntxduck said:

@JoeEDangerously
    @WoolleyDoog

Their main issue was that they as a staff got dominated by Petersen's staff which makes sense with how he dominated the mountain west so long at Boise.

The tryhard shit never worked as well against Washington as it did against Oregon and USC.
    It never worked vs sark either but only when he was at uw.

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

@JoeEDangerously
    @WoolleyDoog

Agree, but still a little worried. They remind me a bit of ASU and the offense suddenly can't handle any pressure. ASU's DBs oddly might actually be better though.
    Asu is better at qb, rb, Wr. The Barnes kid Utah is rolling out is not an fcs caliber starter
  • JoeyJoey Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,552 Founders Club
    The Yute has beat UW only twice since joining the conference. Both games at home in average years of the progrum