Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Still no game time for UW-Utah

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,415
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
This is terribly disrespectful to fans

Comments

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,663
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2023

It’s not just disrespectful, it’s an economic hardship and dangerous for some fans…those late games force fans driving in from out of town to either pay for a hotel or drive home very late at night. If you’re coming in from Eastern WA, that might mean driving over mountain passes in the dark, which is not fun especially in winter conditions.

These last minute kickoff times were the number one reason my friend and I dropped our season tickets after 10+ years. We couldn’t plan our Saturdays because we had to block out an entire day. Tailgating and the game should only take up half the day.
    If it's a 5-7:30pm kickoff I might say fuck it. Don't even want to stay overnight in Seattle anymore this season. Plus, Paul Finebaum voice 'It's UTAH'.
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Sunday AM it will be announced

Just as PUP would’ve wanted.
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    Standard Supporter
    Alexis said:

I plan for football from 9 AM to 1 AM. So nothings changed with me.

1-2 am finish was actually realistic for a Cal or Stanford game.
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,706
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Current weather forecast (10 days out, I know) calls for 60% chance of rain and lightning. Can't wait to have our air it out offense and Florida QB play in that against the team that wants it sloppy as hell to win.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,406
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It won’t be 7:30.
  • Options
    TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,607
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

It’s not just disrespectful, it’s an economic hardship and dangerous for some fans…those late games force fans driving in from out of town to either pay for a hotel or drive home very late at night. If you’re coming in from Eastern WA, that might mean driving over mountain passes in the dark, which is not fun especially in winter conditions.

These last minute kickoff times were the number one reason my friend and I dropped our season tickets after 10+ years. We couldn’t plan our Saturdays because we had to block out an entire day. Tailgating and the game should only take up half the day.
    This issue is the number 1 reason for the massive drop in ticket sales and Season Ticket decline ~ number 2 reason has been the increasing large volume of late night games which compete with truck racing on grade B cable
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,194
    Flight gets in noon Friday

So I’m sure will be 7:30 game
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,663
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The issue last year was the wind. And yes, a noodle armed non power 5 quarterback is basically useless in that. We? should be fine.