Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Posts from 2006 found

Not sure if this works. I'm Apostle of medicrity and AoG here.
Presented for comment to show the trends.

Go Huskies!

Dawgman.com Forums

Page 1 2
Next Topic >>
Author Comment
Tailgater
Dawgman.com
Addict
(7/21/06 11:56:16 am)
Reply UW football's New Legacy.
This is a NegaDawg's post of hope and it's my wish that it be received as just another piece of candy by the bowl-of-cherries crowd. The rest of you like myself need a change in our Legacy mantra. I know I'm weary of being pi$$ed about losing.

Obviously, winning on the gridiron in Husky Stadium is now gone and it's return if ever will take some time, perhaps several years. I don't know about the rest of you, but other than with the attitudes of some of the players, I detect no sense of urgency at Montlake for our football program to win big if at all again anytime soon.

With the winning gone, what can Huskyfans do to maintain that primary attribute of our traditional Legacy, our imfamous and well known arrogance? We really have no choice other than change to a New Legacy, do we?

I propose that we resolve now to continue our high level of arrogance regardless of what happens on the scoreboard. UW's New Legacy can be an arrogant acceptance of losing with or without complaint or pain. We are still better than everybody else even though we can't beat them on the gridiron.

We can do this, right, for how hard can it be? For example, Stanford and it's smallish band of football fans have sustained their arrogance while losing for as long as I can remember. It's those rare times when they are winners that seems to confuse the Trees.

So, let's get arrogant about losing and if the opposite should happen, we can be gleefully confused like other Haves without player talent or good coaching. Many of you are more than halfway there with your excuses for the continued losing or your willingness to wait a few more years for the winning to return.

Edited by: Tailgater at: 7/21/06 12:01:14 pm
Dub56
Dawgman.com
Sophomore
(7/21/06 12:12:52 pm)
Re: UW football's New Legacy.
??

wow, that's 2 minutes I wish I had back.

ApostleofMediocrity
Dawgman.com
Freshman
(7/21/06 12:35:22 pm)
Reply The attitude has shifted to Mediocrity but high ethics
The following posters exemplify this attitude:

jmcxx
Diggydog
mt3frank
dawgsworld
rabidhuskee
dawgbert
etc

These posters, being primarily Coach Willingham fans, cannot tolerate any criticism. Criticism of Coach WIllingham is uniformly in the presentation of facts.

--------------------------------
how do you view Coach Willingham?

* Are all recent successes at ND, Stanford due to Coach Willingham?
* Are all recent failures at ND, Stanford, and UW due to the circumstances, but not Coach Willingham?
* Are Coach Willingham's decisions always correct, even if the outcome is not favorable?
* Does standing on higher moral and ethical ground negate losing?
* Will Coach Willingham's career be just the same as Don James or whatever the current successful coach of the day is?

If you answered yes to one or more of any of the above, you may be brainwashed. Seek help immediately.

GGG19
Dawgman.com
Sophomore
(7/21/06 12:41:32 pm)
Reply Re: UW football's New Legacy.
Boy,I can't wait to lose that first game this year either.Let's talk about how bad things are.Don't you hate the heat today.I don't like rain but to much sun isn't good either.Actually I don't like anything.Except complaining.I LIKE THAT! Well not that much...in fact that sucks to...blah..blah ....blah.............

Go OR Ducks
Dawgman.com
Grad Assistant
(7/21/06 12:53:58 pm)
No sense of urgency?
because they know if they violate NCAA rules again like in 1988 when fans thought UW lost its winning ways, they would get major, major, major probation this time around.

I'm just sayin'..........

-----------------------------------------------------------
plop

Tailgater
Dawgman.com
Addict
(7/21/06 2:03:26 pm)
Reply I understand and appreciate....
.....your synacism, but I'm not trying to be sarcastic. I really do believe that we need what for Huskyfans would be a New Legacy. I don't really care what Domers think or do about Irish football and I used the Tree's arrogance-in-losing only as an example of what we might try to emulate.

I don't like giving up our arrogance just because UW football is struggling on the scoreboard. I feel like we can still be better than everybody else even while our football team continues to lose on the field of play. I know that sounds sarcastic or facecious, but that's what losing feels like to me in my permanent state of Husky arrogance.

C00GIEEBOBO
Dawgman.com
Commit/Signee
(7/21/06 2:18:03 pm)
Reply Re: I understand and appreciate....
Quote:
Tailgater said:
I don't like giving up our arrogance just because UW football is struggling on the scoreboard.

YOU SHOULD GIVE UP YOUR ARROGANCE BECAUSE PEOPLE WILL THINK YOU'RE AN A$$HOLE.

HOPE THIS HELPS.

DiggyDawg
Dawgman.com
Senior
(7/21/06 2:18:55 pm)
Reply Heres a tip
Wait until we see what this season brings, and then piss and moan. WTF purpose does your thinking, and that of your nega half empty brethern serve?

You don't think this staff will workout, I am not sure, and some have 100% confidence. The difference between you and the last two groups is we will base our opinion on the performance as it plays out on the field this year and in the mean time not tear down the current players and staff. Posters like you bring out the Ducks domers and the like tojump on your pathetic blasts. Congrats.

Tailgater
Dawgman.com
Addict
(7/21/06 2:25:37 pm)
Reply Regardless of contrived attitudes,....
......we need to retool the Legacy of UW football from a Huskyfan's perspective in order to preserve that last remaining vestage of Husky Pride, our reknowned arrogance.

I did not intend for my suggestions for a New Legacy to devolve once more into a debate on our present coaching staff. TW and his crew of assistants will likely be running the program for at least a few more seasons and whatever they do will be......whatever they do. As Gilby, that greatest of all Huskylosers would say.......we are what we are.

This is about our attitude as fans and supporters of UW football going into the 2006 season. Regardless of expectations, I say we accept whatever losing comes in the same manner we assumed while winning in the past, with the true conviction that we are the best even in defeat.

No-one disliked the TW hire more than I, but this is no longer about him nor his staff and what they do if anything. This is about surviving as fans and supporters when there is so little in UW football to get excited about without lame excuses and apologies. Sustaining our arrogance in defeat may be the mantra that can carry us through to a New Legacy. And if the team actually wins, our arrogance will be even stroger than before.

Tailgater
Dawgman.com
Addict
(7/21/06 2:30:52 pm)
Reply Re: I understand and appreciate....
I can easily be an a$$hole without being arrogant about it. It can't be a people thing when sodbusters are involved or when that sub-a$$hole species known as cooglosers are the object of my disrespect.

Tailgater
Dawgman.com
Addict
(7/21/06 2:42:27 pm)
Reply Re: Heres a tip
I know you don't want to think about it, but we've already seen one 2-9 season under the current staff to "pi$$ and moan" about.

"Pi$$ing and moaning" from fans and supporters of a losing football programs or franchises is as normal and American as apple pie or if you're a Palousian sodbuster, frozen horse apples. Although that negativism is a right-of-passage for losers in sports fandom, I would like us to be different if we can to maintain our Husky arrogance.

The super arrogance of believing firmly that we are the best while we continue to lose if that be our team's destiny is a new tradition that I believe fits our Legacy. I'm not kidding, this is serious.

C00GIEEBOBO
Dawgman.com
Commit/Signee
(7/21/06 2:42:27 pm)
Reply TODAY'S "WATER IS WET" POST BROUGHT TO US BY YOU
Quote:
I can easily be an a$$hole without being arrogant about it.

YOU ARE WHAT YOU ARE.

Tailgater
Dawgman.com
Addict
(7/21/06 2:45:10 pm)
Reply It's normal for you sodbusters....
....to lose your water before discovering that it's wet.

PreacherMan24
Dawgman.com
Recruit
(7/21/06 2:48:00 pm)
Reply I DON'T GET IT
(This message was left blank)

Apostle of Grief
Dawgman.com
Grad Assistant
(7/21/06 2:49:22 pm)
Reply Re: Regardless of contrived attitudes,....
We're on the same page. My campaign is to buck the trend toward "virtuous football" and all such ridiculous attitudes, such as "there are more important things than football."

Perhaps nothing exemplifies this error more than Coach Willingham's being upset after the Apple Cup about the pushing/shoving, but not about the losing. "This is not Husky football!" exclaimed Coach Willingham. You're damned right it isn't!

The other example is fans condemnation and scapegoating of Chambers, accused of slackstering. While the APostle cannot condone slacking, still, what Husky football historically rewards is on field performance. Brown-nosing, rewarding mere hard work (and not results), playing favorites, is not the legacy of Husky football either.

Edited by: Apostle of Grief at: 7/21/06 3:25:29 pm

Comments