Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

911 I would like to report a crime in Palo Alto

NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
edited October 2023 in Hardcore Husky Board

In the NCAA, defensive pass interference is contact beyond the neutral zone by a defensive player intentionally and obviously impeding an eligible opponent to prevent the opponent from catching a legal forward pass

It’s too bad Penix gets blamed for this, although it was not his best throw

Comments

• NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    I despise the calls going the opposite way the entire game on these plays. Plus this is a 14 point turn around in the game. Red Zone pass interference should definitely be called every time
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,601

In the NCAA, defensive pass interference is contact beyond the neutral zone by a defensive player intentionally and obviously impeding an eligible opponent to prevent the opponent from catching a legal forward pass

The ball had already hit the defender in the back at this point, no?
    edited October 2023
    Mad_Son said:

ntxduck said:

I can't speak to the screen shot, but he was grabbing Odunze's jersey well before the ball arrived. It would have been in-line with the other PIs they called last night.
    Agree
    edited October 2023
    ntxduck said:

I don’t see the ball in that picture plus the rule book does not allow a defender to face guard even if the ball hits him
  • Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,171

Mad_Son said:

ntxduck said:

I can't speak to the screen shot, but he was grabbing Odunze's jersey well before the ball arrived. It would have been in-line with the other PIs they called last night.
    That’s the definition of pass interference piturecis worth a 1000 words
    I don't disagree, but we know that some refs are more on the "let them play" side. It goes to the original point of all end zone PI should be called, but just that this crew otherwise was calling these.

ntxduck said:

I don’t see the ball in that picture plus the rule book does not allow a defender to face guard even if the ball hits him
    The ball is directly in front of the defender’s face, after it hit him in the back. It may have been PI before that, but the photo isn’t proof of anything.

It def was PI, but the shot you are looking for is the blatant jersey grab before the ball gets there

• PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,411 Swaye's Wigwam
    I didn’t watch the coog game but apparently they were twash in that one too.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,590 Founders Club
    ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

The ball is directly in front of the defender’s face, after it hit him in the back. It may have been PI before that, but the photo isn’t proof of anything.

It def was PI, but the shot you are looking for is the blatant jersey grab before the ball gets there

edited October 2023
    ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

Jesus dude what the fuck are you looking at. That is face guarding and a PI
    Red circle for vision impaired…. That’s the ball

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

This is a different photo than the first one you posted….
    ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

Does it matter? Still an illegal play, even if Penix threw the ball at the back of the defender’s head it’s Pi. The ball has absolutely nothing to do with face guarding, which you are not allowed to do in College
  • LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,792
    It was only a 14 point swing.
    edited October 2023

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

Does it matter? Still an illegal play, even if Penix threw the ball at the back of the defender’s head it’s Pi. The ball has absolutely nothing to do with face guarding, which you are not allowed to do in College
    I said it was PI.

Showing a screenshot where the ball has already hit 2 players and the corner is touching odunze isn’t proof of anything, though (the original pic). The cb could have tackled him at that point and that contact would have been legal.

The 2nd screenshot you posted is def proof of PI, as the ball hasn’t arrived yet. I would have gone with a pic of the blatant jersey tug when the ball is first released and the CB is trying to undress odunze—that should be an insta-flag from any competent officiating crew.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,542 Swaye's Wigwam
    ntxduck said:

I didn’t watch the coog game but apparently they were twash in that one too.

In the usc cal game, they sent the players in for halftime, then during half determined there was actually :01 left on the clock. So they started the 2h with a usc fg attempt (missed).
    No. Fucking. Way.