Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

OFFICIAL Washington vs Stanford Game Thread

1272829303133»

Comments

• Options
    StLouisDawgStLouisDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 495
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Founders Club

This is like watching a boxing match where both guys are trying to throw it

Would have also excepted a retard fight in the Special Ed classroom
    There are different types of retard fights as I remember from my days on the short bus. The Downs Syndrome kids are who you are thinking of. Play fights, really. Show them some candy and the anger drops away quickly.

Now the other retards, they went at it hard. Spectrum kids were pretty vicious and could do some damage, but the ones to look out for were the general retards, no real defined issues, just fucking stupid and animal like. They were the kids who would turn a crayon into a weapon and stuff it in your ass during a bathroom break.

And then play with your bloody shit as it oozed from your new asshole.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,379
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

There are different types of retard fights as I remember from my days on the short bus. The Downs Syndrome kids are who you are thinking of. Play fights, really. Show them some candy and the anger drops away quickly.

Now the other retards, they went at it hard. Spectrum kids were pretty vicious and could do some damage, but the ones to look out for were the general retards, no real defined issues, just fucking stupid and animal like. They were the kids who would turn a crayon into a weapon and stuff it in your ass during a bathroom break.

• Options
    StLouisDawgStLouisDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 495
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Founders Club
    TheHB said:

A lot of them looked like they could be Manning relatives.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The offense could have put the game away but two turnovers in the opponents’ territory late in the game kinda prevented that.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

dtd said:

Imagine being UW fan and blaming the offense in a 42-33 win. I hope Don James comes back to life and eats your brains.

I blame the whole team and coaching staff. Everyone was to blame.
    Did you say

• Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,410
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

godawgst said:

What exactly would you all have liked Grubb to do there at the end of the half? Take three knees? Run up the gut three times and go to the locker room? Against Stanford?

A minute left in the half, Grubb went aggressive and threw the ball three times. His Heisman candidate QB missed a wide open guy for what would have been a huge gain. If he just waived the white flag and went to the locker room, everyone would be just as pissed.

I can complain about Grubb plenty lately, but at some point the players need to make plays.

Risk/Reward. You got the ball to start Q3. If you don't get it, then it gives Tree more hope and belief they can stay in it and win it. 3 points at end of half didn't help.

You're either the fifth best team in the country or not. If you are, you assume a minute is plenty of time to put points on the board against the #126 defense in college football.
    Look at the top 10. One team doesnt look like the rest (partial credit Penn State has the D not the O)
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,410
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    gmo said:

1991 beats this team by three TDs.
    Starting to wonder if 2016 would win the game?

16 team puts up 40 on this team easily.

This team isn't putting up 30 on 16 defense let alone 40
  • Options
    MobeyB4AssholesMobeyB4Assholes Member Posts: 878
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Can't run and defense is bad.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,616
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Well, that first half wasn’t ASU bad, but it sure as shit wasn’t good

“So what, they’re having an off night.”
    @PostGameOrangeSlices , probably
    Fuck off grumble
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Couple thoughts.

Trice is very good. Hes the only player along the line doing anything but he's affecting the QB more than the rest of the line combined.

HOW DO YOU NOT COVER THE MIDDLE OF THE LINE ON YOUR OWN 5 YARD LINE. Furds first TD was a literal walk in up the middle because they do that stupid wide split on the Dline that is an automatic 6 yard gain if the other team wants it.

Offence and defence both need to acknowledge that 8 yard throws exist.

2 possession win in victory formation, I'll take it.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,011
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Canadawg said:

Couple thoughts.

Trice is very good. Hes the only player along the line doing anything but he's affecting the QB more than the rest of the line combined.

HOW DO YOU NOT COVER THE MIDDLE OF THE LINE ON YOUR OWN 5 YARD LINE. Furds first TD was a literal walk in up the middle because they do that stupid wide split on the Dline that is an automatic 6 yard gain if the other team wants it.

* offense and defense
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Canadawg said:

Couple thoughts.

* offense and defense
    Bit of a grey area
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,011
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Canadawg said:

Canadawg said:

Couple thoughts.

* offense and defense
    Bit of a grey area