Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

OFFICIAL Washington vs Stanford Game Thread

Comments

• Options
    flatusflatus Member Posts: 877
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment First Anniversary
    Standard Supporter
    MelloDawg said:

How can you expect these players to get up for the 2nd half when Matthew Perry drowned in his jacuzzi?

How pathetic am I that I get my news from HcH? Had no idea about Matthew Perry. Indeed, he's dead.
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,239
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

2nd half prediction: Penix comes out shooting thick ropes. Polk, McMillan with no butter on fingers start reeling in tons of yards. Furd QB gets hurt.

It’ll have to be non contact then since it certainly won’t be from our pass rush.
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,611
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    I liked it better when UW had guys wide open every play and scored every drive.
  • Options
    biak1biak1 Member Posts: 3,998
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Honest question, has Penix looked Heisman worthy the last 2 weeks?
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,626
    Founders Club

What exactly would you all have liked Grubb to do there at the end of the half? Take three knees? Run up the gut three times and go to the locker room? Against Stanford?

A minute left in the half, Grubb went aggressive and threw the ball three times. His Heisman candidate QB missed a wide open guy for what would have been a huge gain. If he just waived the white flag and went to the locker room, everyone would be just as pissed.

I can complain about Grubb plenty lately, but at some point the players need to make plays.

Why does it have to be all or nothing? A throw into the flat like a screen can get the jobs done
  • Options
    Founders Club
    MelloDawg said:

2nd half prediction: Penix comes out shooting thick ropes. Polk, McMillan with no butter on fingers start reeling in tons of yards. Furd QB gets hurt.

It’ll have to be non contact then since it certainly won’t be from our pass rush.
    Like the NFL kicker who tore up his knee celebrating a field goal?
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,357
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2023

What exactly would you all have liked Grubb to do there at the end of the half? Take three knees? Run up the gut three times and go to the locker room? Against Stanford?

A minute left in the half, Grubb went aggressive and threw the ball three times. His Heisman candidate QB missed a wide open guy for what would have been a huge gain. If he just waived the white flag and went to the locker room, everyone would be just as pissed.

I can complain about Grubb plenty lately, but at some point the players need to make plays.

Why does it have to be all or nothing? A throw into the flat like a screen can get the jobs done
    The drive literally ended with a shallow out to the TE.
  • Options
    doogvilledoogville Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,184
    Swaye's Wigwam
    biak1 said:

Honest question, has Penix looked Heisman worthy the last 2 weeks?

Am I being whooshed?
  • Options
    Founders Club

Westhover?
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    I’m really upset I didn’t take all of your advice and place a bet on the Huskies not covering the spread.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,357
    Swaye's Wigwam

Westhover?
    Yeah. Wasn't the third down play the pass to Westhover that was deflected?
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,526
    Founders Club

This. I have no problem with trying to score. We’d just hit a 92 yard bomb
  • Options
    gmogmo Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,647
    Founders Club
    a decent run... hallelujah.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    And there’s the drive killing penalty
  • Options
    biak1biak1 Member Posts: 3,998
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Banger opening drive
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,185
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    UW doesn't have the roster around Penix to win a CFB playoff game, and that's okay. Still the best tim in the conference with a great coach.
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,611
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    fuck this team
  • Options
    gmogmo Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,647
    Founders Club
    edited October 2023
    this O-Line looks like the biggest weakness on a team with some significant weaknesses.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Fire Huff on the 50 after the game
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,371
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    WTF why does this team fucking suck