Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Some fine objective reporting from our friends at DucksWire

Comments

• Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

I said after Texas Tech that the Oregon secondary was burnt toast

Nothings changed with me

Polk just got open again

Part of me worries the Ducks are truly the team that basically won by one point at an average Texas Tech team with Tech losing the TO battle 4-0 and UW's win at home over them isn't much different just they fucked up less than Tech and Shough did and squeaked it out and the Huskies and Ducks are basically just above average teams from any conference.
    The Huskies and ducks have great quarterbacks

This year that matters. Penn and Ohio State aren't great defenses. They are shit offenses

No one is great. Everyone has flaws

I do think Georgia is a pretty big favorite when they care
    Michigan is better but they're about to get the death penalty
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    I hope these jackasses don’t get prison raped by the ole mighty trees
  • Options
    If only we could get up for every game the way we do facing Oregon.

Perhaps we just need to be dominated for decades by everyone to really have that fire.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Perhaps we just need to be dominated for decades by everyone to really have that fire.

We? WERE dominated by ASU for a decade and it still didn't help
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,368
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Canadawg said:

I said after Texas Tech that the Oregon secondary was burnt toast

Nothings changed with me

Polk just got open again

Part of me worries the Ducks are truly the team that basically won by one point at an average Texas Tech team with Tech losing the TO battle 4-0 and UW's win at home over them isn't much different just they fucked up less than Tech and Shough did and squeaked it out and the Huskies and Ducks are basically just above average teams from any conference.
    The Huskies and ducks have great quarterbacks

This year that matters. Penn and Ohio State aren't great defenses. They are shit offenses

No one is great. Everyone has flaws

I do think Georgia is a pretty big favorite when they care
    Michigan is better but they're about to get the death penalty
    I agree Michigan looks better but they haven't played anyone at all
  • Options
    bisonduckbisonduck Member Posts: 714
    5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
  • Options
    bisonduckbisonduck Member Posts: 714
    5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    edited October 2023
    haie said:

haie said:

Once again, no one is embarrassed for Oregon that they struggled at home against the team with a bottom 2-3 OL and playing the worst football in the conference.

Both teams had hangover games but people only care about the kings in the north.

I had to look at the Oregon schedule to see if they played some game I wasn't aware of, but then realized you are actually talking about their game against Washington State? The Ducks were ahead 38-17 with two minutes left in the game. They punted it away and the Cougs tacked on a garbage time TD at the end, which was the difference between covering the spread and not. You are actually putting that into the same category as the Washington performance?
    I'm not an east coast sports writer. I'm someone who actually watched the game, including the first 3 quarters.

Right now, the last 3 weeks, Arizona State is better/playing better and it's not even close.

Washington state scored a combined 30 points the previous 2 weeks including that bludgeoning at home and still put up 500 yards in Autzen.
    This article is dumb and this poast is dumber.
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,817
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Canadawg said:

As the Pac-12 fades into the ether the mentality of the UW/ASU matchup I'll never understand. Did anyone ever even care on either side and that's just the way it played out?
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,782
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2023
    bisonduck said:

haie said:

haie said:

Once again, no one is embarrassed for Oregon that they struggled at home against the team with a bottom 2-3 OL and playing the worst football in the conference.

Both teams had hangover games but people only care about the kings in the north.

I had to look at the Oregon schedule to see if they played some game I wasn't aware of, but then realized you are actually talking about their game against Washington State? The Ducks were ahead 38-17 with two minutes left in the game. They punted it away and the Cougs tacked on a garbage time TD at the end, which was the difference between covering the spread and not. You are actually putting that into the same category as the Washington performance?
    I'm not an east coast sports writer. I'm someone who actually watched the game, including the first 3 quarters.

Right now, the last 3 weeks, Arizona State is better/playing better and it's not even close.

Washington state scored a combined 30 points the previous 2 weeks including that bludgeoning at home and still put up 500 yards in Autzen.
    This article is dumb and this poast is dumber.
    Washington State against UCLA: 7 non-defensive points scored.

Washington State against Arizona (Pullman): 6 non-defensive points scored.

Washington State against Oregon (Eugene): 24 non-defensive points scored.

So they almost doubled their output on the road against Oregon. They were down by 4 at halftime and Oregon didn't start pulling away until almost the 4th quarter.

So my point stands that both teams had hangover games but UW played who right now, after Dillingham took over playcalling, is a better team than Oregon played.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Canadawg said:

As the Pac-12 fades into the ether the mentality of the UW/ASU matchup I'll never understand. Did anyone ever even care on either side and that's just the way it played out?
    Yes they did

From 78 to 96 ASU was the 2nd or 3rd toughest game behind USC and UCLA

They recruited So Cal very well and were talented.

2 Rose Bowls. It was a circled game on the schedule and a great series until uw dropped football
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,131
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Someone almost beat Washington

@MikeSeaver

And a devastating injury occurred.

@bisonduck
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    HuskyJW said:

Someone almost beat Washington

@MikeSeaver

I know you are being sarcastic but the MikeSeaver methodology is below

UW beat ASU by 8

Fresno beat them by 29

Fresno beats UW by 21
    #rattled.

Utter nonsense.

I’m embarrassed for you and not just for your post.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Canadawg said:

Looks like ASU has been greased up
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,594
    Founders Club

Canadawg said:

Oh yes. In 1985 and 1986 the Huskies were beaten badly in Tempe. Heading into the 1987 game, Don James made a public appeal to the crowd to make tons of noise. Husky Stadium crowd was going ape shit from opening kickoff. First play from scrimmage, ASU's Paul Justin got intercepted by Bo Yates (@yobates) who returned it for a TD. Huskies won 27-14. It was a mediocre season for UW but the fans were out for blood that day.
  • Options
    iDawgiDawg Member Posts: 128
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper

Canadawg said:

Oh yes. In 1985 and 1986 the Huskies were beaten badly in Tempe. Heading into the 1987 game, Don James made a public appeal to the crowd to make tons of noise. Husky Stadium crowd was going ape shit from opening kickoff. First play from scrimmage, ASU's Paul Justin got intercepted by Bo Yates (@yobates) who returned it for a TD. Huskies won 27-14. It was a mediocre season for UW but the fans were out for blood that day.
    The ASU 87 rose bowl team was famous. Bo Schembechler accused them of being “artificial”. Early steroid accusation. He always was a poor loser. Not Woody Hayes poor, but still poor.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    John Cooper never should have left for Ohio State