Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Which opposing running back have you feared the most?

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,861 Founders Club

Which opposing running back have you feared the most? 46 votes

Maurice Jones-Drew
13%
CFetters_Nacho_LoverExtraChrisBDoogmanRefundBob_CQuietcowskeeWoolleyDoog 6 votes
Charles White
2%
RaceBannon 1 vote
Marcus Allen
6%
DerekJohnsonvadawgAlexis 3 votes
Reggie Bush
45%
MelloDawgFire_Marshall_BillwhlinderPurpleBazeCuntWaffle79smoothdawgdncbiak1MakaDawgwhatshouldicareaboutphineashuskyhooliganSourcesHuskyClawsWilliams3EastCoastDoogbackthepackBleachedAnusDawgUW_Doog_BotGayThoughts 21 votes
Jonathan Stewart
0%
Ken Simonton
2%
Ice_Holmvik 1 vote
Marshawn Lynch
2%
iDawg 1 vote
Steve Broussard
0%
Christian McCaffrey
8%
Mad_SonStLouisDawgdirtysouwfdawgJetFuelSteelBeams 4 votes
Write-in
19%
TheHBchuckhaiedoogvilleDoog_de_JourtheknowledgeCanadawgTheRoarOfTheCrowdFireTheJanitor 9 votes

Comments

• PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,830 Founders Club
    Reggie Bush
    If I could vote for one more, it would be Jonathan Stewart.

I was at the game where Reggie single-handedly ass-blasted the Huskies. IIRC, he had a punt return for a touchdown, too. So, I decided to vote for him.

I'm sure the HCH football savants can fill in the details, as I don't care enough to Google it.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,861 Founders Club
    Marcus Allen

I was at the game where Reggie single-handedly ass-blasted the Huskies. IIRC, he had a punt return for a touchdown, too. So, I decided to vote for him.

I'm sure the HCH football savants can fill in the details, as I don't care enough to Google it.

When was the last Husky game you watched?
    Reggie Bush

Watched or attended?
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,861 Founders Club
    edited October 2023
    Marcus Allen

Watched or attended?
    Watched. I actually have no idea if we're talking four years or ten years
    Reggie Bush

Watched or attended?
    I watched the first half of the 2020 Utah game with @Laocoön at Hellbent.

That's the last game I watched any portion of a Husky game live.

I didn't attend any games after the 2007 season. Went to the 2017 Fiesta Bowl and attended the 2019 Eastern game (thanks to Yella giving me his tickets).
    Marcus Allen

Watched or attended?

I didn't attend any games after the 2007 season. Went to the 2017 Fiesta Bowl and attended the 2019 Eastern game (thanks to Yella giving me his tickets).
    So you and Race Bannon both bailed after 2007. Race's last game at Husky Stadium, to my knowledge, was Arizona '07 (41-48)
  • huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,390 Swaye's Wigwam
    Reggie Bush
    Jaquiz Rogers was kind of terrifying.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 105,157 Founders Club
    Charles White

Watched or attended?

So you and Race Bannon both bailed after 2007. Race's last game at Husky Stadium, to my knowledge, was Arizona '07 (41-48)
    Actually a slight correction - I watched some games on TV in 2019. The Oregon game was the final straw that broke my doog's back. The only highlight was the HCH get-together at Elliott Bay Brewing afterwards. Petersen's Cal & Oregon problems two years in a row just made me jaded. If you're going to piss away winnable games, then I'm not going to waste my time. The return on investment is not there. Plus, the AD didn't give a shit about its fans.

But I digress. I'll go take a walk on the beach to gain some perspective.

Carry on.
    I only watch when I know they won

No time for losers...

Did watch Petersen lose three major bowl games including the playoffs live along with two games at Cal

DerekJohnson is correct on my last trip to HS
  • TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,713 Founders Club
    edited October 2023
    Write-in

OJ Simpson - for obvious reasons.

I was thinking the exact same thing and would have said it word for word... we must be twins [i have suspected that for a long time]
  • NoWarningJustDawgNoWarningJustDawg Member Posts: 1,000
    The first quarter of the '04 gayme featuring 44 points was certainly exciting but that team was so shitty I didn't even care about Jones-Drew's 332 yards.

A few games earlier, late '03, giving up 729 yards to the Cal-Too-High team we had dominated sophomore year my whole lifetim, (backup RB) JJ Arrington had the easiest 185 yards on 14 carries I may have ever seen, and I dreaded every carry.
    UW had lost the 25 year winning streak the previous year, but anything can happen once. 7-54 said things were never going back to the way they were.
    FYFMFE

I might vote for Simonton. Barely got 100 yards in '00 but constantly felt like they were about to break through. We could barely slow him, Babushka, Johnson, Who'syourmomma, etc down that year. Since it was our last big bowl victory year it seems more important than these games vs dreck Dawg teams.
  • Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,349 Swaye's Wigwam
    Maurice Jones-Drew
    Write in for Toby Gerhart.
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,853 Founders Club
    Write-in
    Deshaun Foster was really good and he destroyed my Dwags. He’s probably my pick.

M. Drew, J. Stewart, Jizz Rogers (thanks Baze!), Stephan Jackson, were all great backs that beat UW. Damien Martinez and Bucky Irvin both worried/worry me this year.

UW was really spoiled with the Polk, Sankey, Gaskin run. 2009-2018, 9/10 years with a legit bell cow leading the way. Pete’s first year was the gap. Dwayne Washington/Deonte Cooper just didn’t cut for me.