Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Top 4 Upset Watch for this weekend?

Comments

• theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,799 Founders Club

If we win we are in. Doesn't matter what Utah is ranked at.

Just got done with a top 10 clash at Husky Stadium. Thinking I might like another.
    Clash, that’s what I like to call a big game. IWILTD.
  • UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,110

If we win we are in. Doesn't matter what Utah is ranked at.

We want the Rose Bowl playoff game, 1 or 2 seed guarantees it. Possibly 3 depending on who #2 is.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,448 Founders Club
    haie said:

Penix needs to put a poundin' to ASU's roundin'

Whatever the spread is take the over. Fats is going to bring up the embarrassment from last year and insert a broken splintered plunger.

Kind of feel bad for Dillingham as he seems like he will be a good coach but his alma matter has been made into such a mess by their crappy president and AD.
    I couldn't agree with you more on all this
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

I’m fully expecting to hate how the next two weeks of Husky games play out. They will be much harder than we all hope. Natural letdown vs a bad ASU and the bring your own juice environment at a bad Stanford team worry me. They shouldn’t but they do. Just win and get ready for “Game of the Year part II Electric Los Angeles Sunset”.
    I'd be a lot more concerned if we hadn't lost to Arizona State last year. That game kept us out of the CCG and potentially the playoff. The team knows it. And if they've forgotten the coaching staff is going to spend all week reminding them.

I actually expect an absolute beatdown this weekend.

Stanford is the trap game.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,590 Founders Club
    By the way Louis Riddick who called the Colorado Stanford games says the Stanford wide outs are legit. They got behind Hunter all game and finally started catching the ball

No O line though

But a team that could get lucky bombing it like Bazey
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,486 Standard Supporter

dnc said:

I’m fully expecting to hate how the next two weeks of Husky games play out. They will be much harder than we all hope. Natural letdown vs a bad ASU and the bring your own juice environment at a bad Stanford team worry me. They shouldn’t but they do. Just win and get ready for “Game of the Year part II Electric Los Angeles Sunset”.
    I'd be a lot more concerned if we hadn't lost to Arizona State last year. That game kept us out of the CCG and potentially the playoff. The team knows it. And if they've forgotten the coaching staff is going to spend all week reminding them.

Looking for a 105 percent effort in the desert Saturday
    It's always a house of horrors for the Huskies, In The Desert™.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,448 Founders Club

dnc said:

Looking for a 105 percent effort in the desert Saturday
    It's always a house of horrors for the Huskies, In The Desert™.
    Except for when it's not*
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,839

By the way Louis Riddick who called the Colorado Stanford games says the Stanford wide outs are legit. They got behind Hunter all game and finally started catching the ball

No O line though

It was one kid. Roll coverage and you should be fine.
  • EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,911 Swaye's Wigwam

No O line though

Or just let Muhammad shut him down. That kid looked really good against CU’s defense, but who doesn’t?

No O line though

Or just let Muhammad shut him down. That kid looked really good against CU’s defense, but who doesn’t?
    He’s huge though, like 6”3 225.
  • EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,911 Swaye's Wigwam

No O line though

Fair point. He’s a worse matchup for Muhammad than Franklin was, for sure.

No O line though

He’s also a one half wonder, but he looks like a dude. Just make their lesbian freshman WR named Tiger from Lake Elsinore beat you.

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,590 Founders Club

No O line though

He’s also a one half wonder, but he looks like a dude. Just make their lesbian freshman WR named Tiger from Lake Elsinore beat you.

Surprised he survived Lake Elsinore

No O line though

Surprised he survived Lake Elsinore
    I spent two days at that gated community called Canyon Hills in Lake E before and after the rose bowl. Never seen a TUFFER gated community. Full of UPS drivers and construction workers. Felt out of place.
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,799 Founders Club

Bump.

This ASU game sucked ass but UW won. 2017 ASU, 2018 Cal, 2019 Stanford and CU were all inexplicable losses. This felt like those games but the Huskies got it done. Winners win.
  • SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    edited October 2023
    Meh, WA didn’t look that good. tOSU and FSU did. That’s not counting GA or Meatshit.(both were off, however)
  • flatusflatus Member Posts: 914
    haie said:

Whatever the spread is take the over. Fats is going to bring up the embarrassment from last year and insert a broken splintered plunger.

Kind of feel bad for Dillingham as he seems like he will be a good coach but his alma matter has been made into such a mess by their crappy president and AD.
    Dialed in per usual
  • whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,607 Standard Supporter
    whlinder said:

As a Penn State fan I think they're going to lose. Something isn't right with their offense and it doesn't make sense. They're like a better version of Iowa.

Their D is lights out and has gotten a ton of turnovers. But the offense, despite two good RBs, an NFL left tackle, at least 1 good WR and a QB who profiles like Josh Allen, cannot move the football in anything more than 5-7 yard clips. Against the teams they have played that has been fine but their QB should be able to push the ball down the field sometimes and they just don't do it. Iowa seemed to get a decent amount of pressure with a 4 man rush which maybe has been forcing the short passing game. Add in being on the road in an actual hostile environment (their road wins are Illinois and Northwestern so far, lol) and I just don't see it, which is sad cause their defense is so fucking good.

It won't happen, but if Drew Allar wants to be the #1 overall NFL pick in 2026 he will transfer to Washington.

All this accurate trash talk on PSU and yet thanks to garbage time they (and Iowa) scored more points than the Husky Offense.