Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The Best

CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,418 Swaye's Wigwam
team in the best conference is ranked 5th. Makes sense!

Comments

• GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,491 Standard Supporter

If we keep winning, we’re top 4 rather easily.

Win out, #2. Cook it.
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,418 Swaye's Wigwam

I get if they win out they're in but I'm talking about the respek right now. Michigan got boat raced last January and has played 6 highschools this year and they're sitting pretty
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,826 Swaye's Wigwam
    Canadawg said:

I get if they win out they're in but I'm talking about the respek right now. Michigan got boat raced last January and has played 6 highschools this year and they're sitting pretty
    It’s all about where they started. They haven’t shit on themselves yet.
  • EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,160
    Canadawg said:

team in the best conference is ranked 5th. Makes sense!

Awfully warm for December. You know what I mean (I hope).
    TheHB said:

Canadawg said:

My exact issue. Need to reward winning tough games not pre season rankings
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    to quote al davis "just win" and that will take care itself
  • LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,792
    edited October 2023
    TheHB said:

Canadawg said:

That’s the point. UW returned basically everyone. Texas lost key players. We smoked them basically in the bowl. Yet they started out ranked higher. It’s fucked. In the end, after this year, it won’t matter as much with CFP of 12.
    FireCohen said:

I want the respek now. I want to hear how many weeks UW has been at the AP #1. I want the nation to put the controller down when the Washington game starts. I want ESPN to get sloppy with it
    Canadawg said:

FireCohen said:

I want the respek now. I want to hear how many weeks UW has been at the AP #1. I want the nation to put the controller down when the Washington game starts. I want ESPN to get sloppy with it
    if we win out, we will have a very strong resume
  • LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,792
    FireCohen said:

Canadawg said:

FireCohen said:

Even if we have 1 loss it’s a strong resume. But no one will care. Gotta win out.
    LawDawg1 said:

FireCohen said:

Canadawg said:

FireCohen said:

Even if we have 1 loss it’s a strong resume. But no one will care. Gotta win out.
    run the table
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,950 Swaye's Wigwam
    LawDawg1 said:

FireCohen said:

Canadawg said:

FireCohen said:

I think the game that matters is the last one. Gotta win the PAC championship game. Dropping one before that wouldn't be a fatal blow. Going into it undefeated and losing probably would be.
  • whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,623 Standard Supporter
    People forget TCU lost their champ game last year and still made it, but needed a lot of help to do so (future conference buddy Utah beating USC).

That's a long way away butt still. Where the slip up occurs matters (if it occurs, lets hope it doesn't) but the same holds true for the rest of the country.
  • Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,291 Swaye's Wigwam
    whlinder said:

People forget TCU lost their champ game last year and still made it, but needed a lot of help to do so (future conference buddy Utah beating USC).

That's a long way away butt still. Where the slip up occurs matters (if it occurs, lets hope it doesn't) but the same holds true for the rest of the country.

TCU was the 3 seed, USC losing brought in Ohio State not TCU.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,773 Founders Club
    TCU also didn't lose to a team that could jump them
  • MelloDawgMelloDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,554 Swaye's Wigwam
    LawDawg1 said:

FireCohen said:

Canadawg said:

FireCohen said:

Unless it’s to a one loss Oregon team in the conference title game. I doubt the transitive property of winning will be considered by the committee.