Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Tequila question?

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,248 Founders Club
Did the band play @Tequilla on Saturday? I don't recall it being played, but I'm getting old and was 4 tall cans in at Kick-Off (don't judge my bad parenting).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONzBAX5jXBU

Comments

• HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,689 Standard Supporter
    I thought I heard it but I wasn't exactly sober.
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,326
    Zero “gooooo huskkkkiesss” after opening kickoff.

It was needed in the gut check 4th quarter
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,248 Founders Club

Zero “gooooo huskkkkiesss” after opening kickoff.

It was needed in the gut check 4th quarter

I feel like we're slowly killing the Husky Marching Band. @MelloDawg true?
  • DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,490
    Why the fuck did the band agree to play a joint performance with the duck band? Our band has sucked for many year. It's something that needs a radical change.

Why the fuck did the band agree to play a joint performance with the duck band? Our band has sucked for many year. It's something that needs a radical change.

Yeah fuck that shit, the band used to be part of our psychological campaign, now they’re playing friends
    It's a @CokeGreaterThanPepsi psy-op.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,914 Swaye's Wigwam
    I’ll give you my dad of the year award. Proud of you.
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,841 Swaye's Wigwam
    Yeah, they played Tequila. Don't remember when.
    TheHB said:

It's also harder to tell what the fuck the marching band is doing these days.

TheHB said:

The importance of the band ain't what it once was. Everyone has ADHD and a 3-second attention span. Between the PA music, announcements, scoreboard videos and various light displays, Tequila by the marching band is too boring.
  • MelloDawgMelloDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,601 Swaye's Wigwam
    Lots of poonts to cover here:

1. Brad McDavid will be at UW until he doesn’t want to be there. He has 30 years of college directing experience at UW under his belt and does everything he can to win the game.

2. I don’t recall hearing “Tequilla,” but “Everybody’s Everything” came way later than expected. That’s usually played after the first score.

3. Re: killing the marching band, they have improved their presence by piping them through the stadium and playing more, but it’ll never be what it was 20+ years ago. I don’t know what gameday consultant tells them fans want to hear more stadium rock than marching band at Husky Stadium, but it can’t be true.

4. UW/UO joint performance of “Gangnam Style.” The director of the UO band was a doctoral student for Brad 20 years ago, hence the relationship. UO band is no joke though, they’re better musically.

5. I’m sure they’ve heard it regarding “Purple Reign,” that was fucking dumb.
  • JoeyJoey Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,621 Founders Club
    MelloDawg said:

1. Brad McDavid will be at UW until he doesn’t want to be there. He has 30 years of college directing experience at UW under his belt and does everything he can to win the game.

2. I don’t recall hearing “Tequilla,” but “Everybody’s Everything” came way later than expected. That’s usually played after the first score.

3. Re: killing the marching band, they have improved their presence by piping them through the stadium and playing more, but it’ll never be what it was 20+ years ago. I don’t know what gameday consultant tells them fans want to hear more stadium rock than marching band at Husky Stadium, but it can’t be true.

4. UW/UO joint performance of “Gangnam Style.” The director of the UO band was a doctoral student for Brad 20 years ago, hence the relationship. UO band is no joke though, they’re better musically.

34-17?
  • EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,959 Swaye's Wigwam

MelloDawg said:

34-17?
    Rather easily.
  • RTDRTD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 830 Founders Club
    TheHB said:

TheHB said:

The importance of the band ain't what it once was. Everyone has ADHD and a 3-second attention span. Between the PA music, announcements, scoreboard videos and various light displays, Tequila by the marching band is too boring.
    But the wave is brought to you by Holland America now. So there’s that.

RTD said:

TheHB said:

TheHB said:

Yeah that was stupid
  • RTDRTD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 830 Founders Club
    TheHB said:

RTD said:

TheHB said:

TheHB said:

Yeah that was stupid
    The Wave has been monetized.

• CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,511 Swaye's Wigwam
    UW band looked like they were preparing for war. Oregon's band looked like they were preparing for a double shift at McDonald's
    The wave should DIAFF