Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Tequila question?

2»

Comments

• HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,689 Standard Supporter
    TheHB said:

RTD said:

TheHB said:

TheHB said:

Yeah, they played Tequila. Don't remember when.

It's also harder to tell what the fuck the marching band is doing these days.
    The importance of the band ain't what it once was. Everyone has ADHD and a 3-second attention span. Between the PA music, announcements, scoreboard videos and various light displays, Tequila by the marching band is too boring.
    But the wave is brought to you by Holland America now. So there’s that.

Yeah that was stupid
    Need to get that dollar until the finances get better.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,914 Swaye's Wigwam
    TheHB said:

The holland America wave should DIAFF

• CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,152 Founders Club

I’ll give you my dad of the year award. Proud of you.

The coveted Dirty SoUWf Dawg Dad of the Year Award. This is the kinda thing you put on a resume.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,914 Swaye's Wigwam

The coveted Dirty SoUWf Dawg Dad of the Year Award. This is the kinda thing you put on a resume.
    Almost as glorious as the “HCH U Pick Em Champion” which I had put in my job title on LinkedIn for over a year. Not one muther fucker asked me about it.

I see what you did with the U and the W. That’s impressive shit right there.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,152 Founders Club

I see what you did with the U and the W. That’s impressive shit right there.
    Thank you for noticing.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,877 Founders Club
    MelloDawg said:

Lots of poonts to cover here:

1. Brad McDavid will be at UW until he doesn’t want to be there. He has 30 years of college directing experience at UW under his belt and does everything he can to win the game.

2. I don’t recall hearing “Tequilla,” but “Everybody’s Everything” came way later than expected. That’s usually played after the first score.

3. Re: killing the marching band, they have improved their presence by piping them through the stadium and playing more, but it’ll never be what it was 20+ years ago. I don’t know what gameday consultant tells them fans want to hear more stadium rock than marching band at Husky Stadium, but it can’t be true.

4. UW/UO joint performance of “Gangnam Style.” The director of the UO band was a doctoral student for Brad 20 years ago, hence the relationship. UO band is no joke though, they’re better musically.

5. I’m sure they’ve heard it regarding “Purple Reign,” that was fucking dumb.

#3 is so very true
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,725 Swaye's Wigwam

MelloDawg said:

1. Brad McDavid will be at UW until he doesn’t want to be there. He has 30 years of college directing experience at UW under his belt and does everything he can to win the game.

2. I don’t recall hearing “Tequilla,” but “Everybody’s Everything” came way later than expected. That’s usually played after the first score.

3. Re: killing the marching band, they have improved their presence by piping them through the stadium and playing more, but it’ll never be what it was 20+ years ago. I don’t know what gameday consultant tells them fans want to hear more stadium rock than marching band at Husky Stadium, but it can’t be true.

4. UW/UO joint performance of “Gangnam Style.” The director of the UO band was a doctoral student for Brad 20 years ago, hence the relationship. UO band is no joke though, they’re better musically.

#3 is so very true
    FWIW, I think the band (or at least the members who paid their way) played more at MSU than they did at home against Oregon
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,877 Founders Club

MelloDawg said:

#3 is so very true
    FWIW, I think the band (or at least the members who paid their way) played more at MSU than they did at home against Oregon
    If I were AD, that is something I'd change. No more piped in rap music. I'd find a fun band director and tell him/her to put on a great show every Saturday-- just no calls for genocide.