Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

My first experience at Husky Stadium

greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
Loved the pregame experience. Much better than Autzen. The Pepperoni Delfino’s pizza was top shelf, and a pretty damn good cookie. Tried to go to Dick’s but the line was too fucking long

Husky fans in general were pretty cool. 98-99% were either friendly or left us alone. Had a couple assholes, but most of those were actually women. Kind of surprised me a little.

About the women. Shocked at the lack of quality there. I’ve been to quite a few road games and there are at least a handful of attractive women there. Didn’t see one female worth taking a second look at while at the stadium. Actually, there was an attractive woman on the jumbo tron mid third quarter, but that was it. The quality needs to improve in that department.

Penix is crazy good. Quick release and unreal accuracy.

Could not believe DeBoer didn’t run the ball up 29–18 in the third. He single-handedly brought Oregon back into the game.

I didn’t mind Oregon going for it on 4th outside of the first one. Off a turnover, you always take the points. However, the play calling on those plays were shit. I never understood the need for a sprint out pass. All this shit does is cut the field in half. As a former DB, I loved it when teams did this, as I had less field to cover.

As always, you can never put your trust in a college kicker. Like most normal people, they crumble under extreme pressure. The great kickers are the weird ones. The socially awkward dudes that always give people goosebumps. Those types of dudes thrive in these moments. Maybe because they just don’t give a shit.

Great game overall. UW has full control of their own destiny, and Oregon kept it close enough that if they win out and get revenge in Las Vegas, they’ll probably still make the playoffs.

Comments

• Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,305
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Where's that image of the UW women with paint on their chests? Your observation mirrors the way it has been for a very long time.

Can't imagine a 1 loss UW or UO conference champ not making the playoffs. Would require some weird scenarios playing out.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,584
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Had a couple assholes, but most of those were actually women. Kind of surprised me a little.

About the women. Shocked at the lack of quality there. I’ve been to quite a few road games and there are at least a handful of attractive women there. Didn’t see one female worth taking a second look at while at the stadium. Actually, there was an attractive woman on the jumbo tron mid third quarter, but that was it. The quality needs to improve in that department.

I’m surprised you’re surprised
    I attribute the lack of good looking women primarily to the early waterfront fights among the ethnic groups in Seattle - 1890-1920. The Mediterranean fishermen lost to the Norwegians quite badly and then the Norge out fucked them. A hearty people, but not the prettiest. Norse beauty escaped to Swedish or Danish waters throughout the Middle Ages.

The Irish wave during that time did little to improve the stock. And if we are honest, half the whores in Seattle while prostitution was legal were ugly to the point of disfigurement Irish women being sent to the end of the world. The other half were Chinese, and Sino- Caucasian miscegenation was a deadly gamble until after WWII.

Half the crack whores in East St. Louis would be 8’s in Seattle.
    Now this is a bit far. Lmao
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,174
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Loved the pregame experience. Much better than Autzen. The Pepperoni Delfino’s pizza was top shelf, and a pretty damn good cookie. Tried to go to Dick’s but the line was too fucking long

Husky fans in general were pretty cool. 98-99% were either friendly or left us alone. Had a couple assholes, but most of those were actually women. Kind of surprised me a little.

Could not believe DeBoer didn’t run the ball up 29–18 in the third. He single-handedly brought Oregon back into the game.

I didn’t mind Oregon going for it on 4th outside of the first one. Off a turnover, you always take the points. However, the play calling on those plays were shit. I never understood the need for a sprint out pass. All this shit does is cut the field in half. As a former DB, I loved it when teams did this, as I had less field to cover.

As always, you can never put your trust in a college kicker. Like most normal people, they crumble under extreme pressure. The great kickers are the weird ones. The socially awkward dudes that always give people goosebumps. Those types of dudes thrive in these moments. Maybe because they just don’t give a shit.

Great game overall. UW has full control of their own destiny, and Oregon kept it close enough that if they win out and get revenge in Las Vegas, they’ll probably still make the playoffs.

There was nothing "weird" about Chuck Nelson, you douche canoe. Good day.

I said Good Day, sir!
  • Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Had a couple assholes, but most of those were actually women. Kind of surprised me a little.

I’m surprised you’re surprised
    I attribute the lack of good looking women primarily to the early waterfront fights among the ethnic groups in Seattle - 1890-1920. The Mediterranean fishermen lost to the Norwegians quite badly and then the Norge out fucked them. A hearty people, but not the prettiest. Norse beauty escaped to Swedish or Danish waters throughout the Middle Ages.

The Irish wave during that time did little to improve the stock. And if we are honest, half the whores in Seattle while prostitution was legal were ugly to the point of disfigurement Irish women being sent to the end of the world. The other half were Chinese, and Sino- Caucasian miscegenation was a deadly gamble until after WWII.

Half the crack whores in East St. Louis would be 8’s in Seattle.
    Now this is a bit far. Lmao
    Some might say not far enough. Some might say that.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,990
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Dude from Bend sitting across the aisle from on the plane ride home was walk on for the Ducks in the later Belotti / early Chip years.

I was Nebraska classy as fuck and we could have been BFFs by the end of the plane ride.