Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Hardcore Husky Podcast: This Saturday's Sizzling Point-a-Minute Showdown: UW vs. Oregon!

Comments

• JoeyJoey Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,589 Founders Club

Great sales pitch for the Wam.

Stalins commie lawyers have given me a gag order
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,101 Founders Club
    I created a monster with my pal, chief, boss poll
  • Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,972 Standard Supporter

It’s gonna be OK, friend.
  • bisonduckbisonduck Member Posts: 714

bisonduck said:

I took no issue until someone said Oregon brings back the same team. Oregon has better playmakers at WR and the defense is overhauled. The inside linebackers are much better equipped to handle coverage responsibilities. The defensive line and pressure rate is worlds better and tackling is much improved - Oregon got the 2nd year bump (much like Oklahoma) from a defensive-minded coach. The comment shows a lack of research for sure.

Comparing the schedules to date is like measuring the tallest midget. Tech is ranked higher than Arizona on FEI, SP+, FPI, etc. and they're not really close (30ish spots). The spread between Tech and Zona would be 7 points based on advanced metrics. The Arizona/USC game is more of an indication of USC than Arizona. The reality is either team should be 5-0 to date.

Lastly, I think the difference in pressure rate by Oregon and the disparity of pressure Oregon can cause vs the schedule UW has faced is a major talking point. I think Oregon can and, probably will, pressure at much better rate than last year.

Better playmakers on at WR… you couldn’t even make it two sentences without lying you lying fuck.
    I am comparing Oregon to itself last year.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,856 Swaye's Wigwam
    bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

I took no issue until someone said Oregon brings back the same team. Oregon has better playmakers at WR and the defense is overhauled. The inside linebackers are much better equipped to handle coverage responsibilities. The defensive line and pressure rate is worlds better and tackling is much improved - Oregon got the 2nd year bump (much like Oklahoma) from a defensive-minded coach. The comment shows a lack of research for sure.

Comparing the schedules to date is like measuring the tallest midget. Tech is ranked higher than Arizona on FEI, SP+, FPI, etc. and they're not really close (30ish spots). The spread between Tech and Zona would be 7 points based on advanced metrics. The Arizona/USC game is more of an indication of USC than Arizona. The reality is either team should be 5-0 to date.

Lastly, I think the difference in pressure rate by Oregon and the disparity of pressure Oregon can cause vs the schedule UW has faced is a major talking point. I think Oregon can and, probably will, pressure at much better rate than last year.

Better playmakers on at WR… you couldn’t even make it two sentences without lying you lying fuck.
    But still.

bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

But still.
    It's not the same team. Tez Johnson is a significant update at the slot, Franklin is a better version of himself, Bryant is more reliable than Thornton (drops)/Cota (always injured), and the depth is better.

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,624 Founders Club

You got that right, bud
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,624 Founders Club

Along with your children, this is your legacy to the world.

bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

But still.
    It's not the same team. Tez Johnson is a significant update at the slot, Franklin is a better version of himself, Bryant is more reliable than Thornton (drops)/Cota (always injured), and the depth is better.

What fucking pills are all you jackasses on that make you doog so fucking hard about every single thing with that program? I might want some. I don't know if I called Oregon the same team as last year but I don't actually believe that. Consider even that 4/5 OL are gone and Gonzalez at CB (Yes, I'm aware there are guys who dominated Colorado who are fucking better. I know).

I don't know if it's even just Oregon but I wouldn't be surprised if programs put a lot of work in making LBs better at coverage and scheming them better. UW and other passing offenses really seemed to take them out of the game last year and take advantage of them and it could make a big difference if that's improve. For UW too, though.

It's possible Oregon is better and can win by 10. What you wrote above would still sound doogish.
    The entire ILB group is overhauled save Bassa. It's not that they put in the work. Hill, Boettcher, Soelle, and Jackson didn't play there or redshirted. It's not that they put in more work, it's that they fit the prototype better.

No one is saying our dbs are better than Gonzalez. The secondary had holes last year and, as a whole, the sum is greater. Tysheem Johnson, Evan Williams, and Kyhree Jackson are taking the lion's share of the snaps and they were all portal transfers.

It's hard to take it seriously when Oregon replaced half the scholarship roster year over year.
  • Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,300 Swaye's Wigwam
    You could write off that lunch as a business expense.
    Bob_C said:

You could write off that lunch as a business expense.

• huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,363 Swaye's Wigwam

Finally listening to the 2nd half of the pod.

Regarding the @huskyhooligan acronym IWLTSASOTPBAHMD,

I would like to send a shout out to Purple Baze and his massive dong.

What else would he post about?

It's hard.

It really is my only contribution here, and its a big, or dare I say, MASSIVE one. That and my preponderance for dooging and hypotheticals. I live a simple life.
  • UWerentThereManUWerentThereMan Member Posts: 3,475
    It was my impression that UW backed Hamas
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,856 Swaye's Wigwam
    bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

But still.

Yeah, but still.

It was my impression that UW backed Hamas

False, it was actually Phil knight.