Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

ESPN thinks Oregon at minus 3 is Free Money

Comments

• Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,993
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    bisonduck said:

ntxduck said:

Oregon is +3, not -3. Great qc over at espn.com these days

Their FPI line is at -1.8. What am I missing here?
    An IQ over 80?
  • Options
    bisonduckbisonduck Member Posts: 714
    5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    edited October 2023

bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

I like Oregon in this one

I was giving the tilt to UW for being at home. However, Tuli is most likely out, Odunze is banged up, and McMillian probably has some rust to knock off, so I am starting to lean Oregon. That run defense fell off a cliff without Tuli.

I most intrigued by UW's IOL and Oregon's IDL. There's so many capable bodies for Oregon and the 4th quarter is where Oregon will get stops.
    Christ. No one knows what the injury situation is.

Every sign points to Tuli being out or being a shell of himself. You can hold out hope he's good to go and maybe he will be. All of this is based on probability anyway.
    Why the confidence though in this prediction? Why is he more likely to be out than not? Some dudes got banged up in that game. We had a BYE week.

https://saturdayoutwest.com/washington-huskies/kalen-deboer-updates-status-of-jalen-mcmillan-tuli-letuligasenoa-after-arizona-win/

"Players like safety Asa Turner, left guard Julius Buelow, wide receiver Jalen McMillan and defensive tackle Tuli Letuligasenoa all have missed time as well, but there is some belief that those player will be able to suit up and play after the bye week for the Huskies."

High ankle sprains need more than a bye week. The LG and Tuli may suit up but they will be a shell of themselves. They might be able to manage the pain for Odunze and he plays normally. Everything I hear is McMillan is 100% healthy but he's been sitting. He might just pick up where he left off. It's a long list of good players that are dealing with stuff.

Again, I am not that confident since this is virtually a pick'em game.
  • Options
    ntxduck said:

bisonduck said:

ntxduck said:

bisonduck said:

ntxduck said:

bisonduck said:

ntxduck said:

Espn fpi is dumb.
    Sure. That's not a QC issue though.
    The Vegas line is wrong. Oregon should be +3, not -3.
    You mean in the article? They posted the money line correctly and the game total. I didn't read that link though.
    I can’t tell if you’re fucking with me or not, but the screenshot in OP starts with “No. 8 Oregon (-3)”
    I totally just missed it.
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

I was giving the tilt to UW for being at home. However, Tuli is most likely out, Odunze is banged up, and McMillian probably has some rust to knock off, so I am starting to lean Oregon. That run defense fell off a cliff without Tuli.

I most intrigued by UW's IOL and Oregon's IDL. There's so many capable bodies for Oregon and the 4th quarter is where Oregon will get stops.

Every sign points to Tuli being out or being a shell of himself. You can hold out hope he's good to go and maybe he will be. All of this is based on probability anyway.
    Why the confidence though in this prediction? Why is he more likely to be out than not? Some dudes got banged up in that game. We had a BYE week.

https://saturdayoutwest.com/washington-huskies/kalen-deboer-updates-status-of-jalen-mcmillan-tuli-letuligasenoa-after-arizona-win/

"Players like safety Asa Turner, left guard Julius Buelow, wide receiver Jalen McMillan and defensive tackle Tuli Letuligasenoa all have missed time as well, but there is some belief that those player will be able to suit up and play after the bye week for the Huskies."

High ankle sprains need more than a bye week. The LG and Tuli may suit up but they will be a shell of themselves. They might be able to manage the pain for Odunze and he plays normally. Everything I hear is McMillan is 100% healthy but he's been sitting. He might just pick up where he left off. It's a long list of good players that are dealing with stuff.

You are trying to talk like you know anything. Let me assure you that you know absolutely nothing about their specific injuries and apparently how injuries work at all
  • Options

bisonduck said:

ntxduck said:

An IQ over 80?
    Apparently eyesight
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Canadawg said:

bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

You are trying to talk like you know anything. Let me assure you that you know absolutely nothing about their specific injuries and apparently how injuries work at all
    Ok. UW has a litany of banged up players that matter for their success. If you think they will all be 100%, I don’t know what to tell you. I said this line would squeeze and it has.

Big guys with ankle sprains and rib shots don’t usually heal in two weeks. Tuli went out and the run defense fell off a cliff. I would be surprised if he were himself or if he takes his usual reps.

They have to be managing his load too during practice week.

Your response is you’re dumb. Your response is not rooted in substance. It’s all for the chins.
  • Options

bisonduck said:

Canadawg said:

bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

Ok. UW has a litany of banged up players that matter for their success. If you think they will all be 100%, I don’t know what to tell you. I said this line would squeeze and it has.

Big guys with ankle sprains and rib shots don’t usually heal in two weeks. Tuli went out and the run defense fell off a cliff. I would be surprised if he were himself or if he takes his usual reps.

Your response is you’re dumb. Your response is not rooted in substance. It’s all for the chins.
    Shut the fuck up asshat. You were all over here saying Odunze had a broken rib.

It turns out, he doesn't. For all we know he got the wind knocked out of him.

STFU
    I never made a definitive statement. Also, how do you know it’s not a cracked rib?
  • Options
    edited October 2023

bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

Canadawg said:

bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

STFU
    I never made a definitive statement. Also, how do you know it’s not a cracked rib?
    how do you know UW won't come out of the tunnel wearing pink tutus?

How do you know Bo Nix didn't get a debilitating hemorrhoid?

how do you know Lanning doesn't have a staph infection on his forehead after an infected roboduck tattoo gone wrong?

See how retarded this exercise is?

you don't know anything and neither does anyone else.

HTH
    We saw him take a shot to the ribs or sternum. There’s a huge difference.

It looked like a cracked rib or bruised sternum.
  • Options

bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

Canadawg said:

bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

STFU

how do you know Lanning doesn't have a staph infection on his forehead after an infected roboduck tattoo gone wrong?

HTH

We?

Fuck off
    We all saw on TV.

Why so mad? I am just calling it like I see it.

I hope Odunze is healthy.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,723
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

Canadawg said:

bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

STFU

HTH

We?

Fuck off
    We all saw on TV.

Why so mad? I am just calling it like I see it.

I hope Odunze is healthy.
    NOC
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited October 2023
    ntxduck said:

bisonduck said:

ntxduck said:

Espn fpi is dumb.
    Normally I agree, but it did nail the Oklahoma/Texas winner.

And each week it appropriately knocks USC further and further back.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,609
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited October 2023
    bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

Canadawg said:

bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

STFU

HTH

Idk, all the other hypotheticals seem pretty possible to me

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,609
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

Canadawg said:

bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

STFU

HTH

Bro...

A fully healthy Oregon almost lost to their transfer backup and allowed him to rush for 101 yards.

Only road game against a team and stadium with a pulse and the Oregon product was terrible.

Shut the fuck up already.
    Yup.

Huskies walked into hostile environments twice and never really broke a sweat.

Ducks faced the best team from the State of Texas with 3 losses in September of all time and barely escaped.
  • Options
    edited October 2023

bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

Canadawg said:

bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

STFU

HTH

Bro...

A fully healthy Oregon almost lost to their transfer backup and allowed him to rush for 101 yards.

Only road game against a team and stadium with a pulse and the Oregon product was terrible.

Shut the fuck up already.
    So, the team didn't grow since game 2 after a scrimmage with Portland State? Oregon got better. It happens.