Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Marshawn Lynch Says Russell Wilson Was Put on Pedestal, Causing Tension With Seahawks Teammates

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,095
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited October 2023
    Thanks Persian Taft!
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    Founders Club
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,909
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,909
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Thanks Persian Taft!

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,430
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Most believable story ever
  • Options
    Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,256
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    The more I hear about Russ, the more respect I have for Pete being able to get that many years out of him, and for pulling the rip cord when he did…
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,095
    Founders Club
    Fishpo31 said:

The more I hear about Russ, the more respect I have for Pete being able to get that many years out of him, and for pulling the rip cord when he did…

Well... Yes and no. The rip cord being pulled seemed to be facilitated by Russell. At this point looking back, I'm a bit embarrassed I defended Russell as much as I did. But there's no denying he did a lot of great things for a long time and that shouldn't be overlooked.
  • Options
    Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,256
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Fishpo31 said:

Well... Yes and no. The rip cord being pulled seemed to be facilitated by Russell. At this point looking back, I'm a bit embarrassed I defended Russell as much as I did. But there's no denying he did a lot of great things for a long time and that shouldn't be overlooked.
    IMO, it was facilitated by Russ because Pete/Schneider allowed it to be facilitated...I think they saw his skill declining as his act and ego were expanding. They built "him", protected him, pumped him up, while massaging the rest of the room to allow for it, for 5-6 years. I think that at some point they knew it would become untenable, and made a business decision that currently looks like 3D chess...

Don't twist, I think Russ was a really good player for a long time, but he was flexing for more control as his skills were eroding...when the effort to maintain it surpassed performance, it was a no-brainer, albeit a no-brainer that took some balls...
  • Options
    UWerentThereManUWerentThereMan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,475
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Fishpo31 said:

I was watching TNF game between the Chiefs and Broncos, and at some point while I was paying attention, they flashed this graphic about Pat Mahomes having 2 SB's and 2 MVP's in his first 6 season. Shortly after they show ol Rusty sitting on the bench with 0 points. Thought to myself, ironic, Russ is only not included BECAUSE they put the ball in his hands on 1st and goal at the end of the game. If they give the ball to Lynch, he takes it in for the W, and everyone continues to heap praise on Russel.
    If Mahomes fags out and wants a bunch of money, so you think he has what it takes to turn a team like the broncos around? I'm not sure.