Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Muhammad the great

Comments

• bisonduckbisonduck Member Posts: 714

ntxduck said:

SEC Nix was often shook and turnover prone when facing decent defenses and hostile crowds.

Nix was rattled against Tortilla Tech, the most hostile place in Texas and the best 2-3 roster in the history of football
    32-44, 359 yards, 2 tds, 0 turnovers. Also led the team in rushing. #rattled

You used to be a decent poaster. The fuck happened to you
    There does seem to be a limited degree of groupthink on HcH about how Nix is somehow this arrogant, overhyped, partially disabled QB with a touch of inbred downs whom the Huskies are going to destroy. I do not buy into that rationale. I think he's going to have a very good game against UW and again I feel it will be a 42-38 type of ballgame. I lean UW.
    It may be because of the sharp contrast that Nix, or anybody else, would draw against Brown and Shuck, both of which, when they broke, and each broke badly, were horrific decision makers. But I've never quite grasped the argument that because he went down last year against the DWAGs that he's somehow this crazy stupid kid. I don't recall a ton of "what were you thinking throwing it there?" passes, and Nix is a runner and built for it. In fact, I've been surprised how little he's run thus far this season. When he gets going on the ground they are tuff to defend.

His spikey hair gel hair and image as a privileged upper-class southern bible thumper does predispose him to harsh judgment from cynical northerners like me. But as a player, there's been no question with me that he's a very good QB. An all-timer? No. But as a college QB, he's better than Herbert was. Probably won't start in the NFL, but then again nothing surprises me anymore in that regard.
    Husky fans seem to be predisposed to past performance equals future results more than most fanbases. Everyone reminds them of Sark too.

ntxduck said:

SEC Nix was often shook and turnover prone when facing decent defenses and hostile crowds.

Nix was rattled against Tortilla Tech, the most hostile place in Texas and the best 2-3 roster in the history of football

There does seem to be a limited degree of groupthink on HcH about how Nix is somehow this arrogant, overhyped, partially disabled QB with a touch of inbred downs whom the Huskies are going to destroy. I do not buy into that rationale. I think he's going to have a very good game against UW and again I feel it will be a 42-38 type of ballgame. I lean UW.
    It may be because of the sharp contrast that Nix, or anybody else, would draw against Brown and Shuck, both of which, when they broke, and each broke badly, were horrific decision makers. But I've never quite grasped the argument that because he went down last year against the DWAGs that he's somehow this crazy stupid kid. I don't recall a ton of "what were you thinking throwing it there?" passes, and Nix is a runner and built for it. In fact, I've been surprised how little he's run thus far this season. When he gets going on the ground they are tuff to defend.

His spikey hair gel hair and image as a privileged upper-class southern bible thumper does predispose him to harsh judgment from cynical northerners like me. But as a player, there's been no question with me that he's a very good QB. An all-timer? No. But as a college QB, he's better than Herbert was. Probably won't start in the NFL, but then again nothing surprises me anymore in that regard.
    Someone here called it that he would run less because of his family and future in the NFL

Of course he hasn't had to. He'll run against the DAWGS if he needs to

He's the Oregon quarterback. Hello? Of course he gets shit

As an Auburn fan I always hated him
    As an Auburn fan, I think it should be clear as day that Malzhan/Harsin OL recruiting was never going to make any QB look good in the SEC.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,896 Founders Club

bisonduck said:

EwaDawg said:

bisonduck said:

He’s fun to watch but you don’t get to see much of him because they throw away from him to the other shit DB’s.

Me thinks bo dix is so cocky that he throws where ever he want’s regardless of who the DB is in coverage.

Pick 6?

Lol. Have you watched Nix?
    Yes. Have you.
    Yes. I have watched all his games at Oregon and quite a few at Auburn. He is very good at taking what the defense gives under good coaching.

I have some bad news for you
    I need the JohnBoltonlaughing.gif to show my reaction
    dnc said:

bisonduck said:

ntxduck said:

Husky fans seem to be predisposed to past performance equals future results more than most fanbases. Everyone reminds them of Sark too.
    Feels more like a Duck trait to me.

I don't even care about that. I can't think past 2023.

bisonduck said:

dnc said:

bisonduck said:

ntxduck said:

You lying fuck, bison.
    Honestly the series count isn't high on the priority list.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,746 Swaye's Wigwam
    bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

dnc said:

bisonduck said:

ntxduck said:

You lying fuck, bison.
    Weird bird man. You’re too chill to be Damone yet slightly level headed, almost rationale at times which makes me think you aren’t a duck. You are cheap as fuck though so that leads me to think you pump gas for a living. Who knows.
    I am cheap as fuck. I do have a bullshit job but it's not pumping gas.
    You seem young. Word of advice, don’t get married.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,746 Swaye's Wigwam
    Canadawg said:

Canadawg said:

bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

dnc said:

bisonduck said:

ntxduck said:

You lying fuck, bison.
    Weird bird man. You’re too chill to be Damone yet slightly level headed, almost rationale at times which makes me think you aren’t a duck. You are cheap as fuck though so that leads me to think you pump gas for a living. Who knows.
    You seem like you hate your wife at an elite level
    My kids are bad ass though.
    Congrats on the sex
    Good for two things… the other being a warm plate waiting when I get home.

bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

dnc said:

bisonduck said:

ntxduck said:

You lying fuck, bison.
    Yeah, I already made the mistake. It was costly.

bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

dnc said:

bisonduck said:

ntxduck said:

You lying fuck, bison.
    Yeah, I already made the mistake. It was costly.
    Condolences to your bank account. Had you only stumbled upon this cesspool earlier I could’ve saved you from heart ache and financial despair. Better luck next time.
    I still remember when we first got married and she kept telling me she was going to get a haircut. I asked her why she kept repeating herself.

I had no fucking clue the assault that would be on the account.
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,786 Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

bisonduck said:

ntxduck said:

The next two and a half decades are gonna be cool, man.