Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Worried about our conference

13»

Comments

• DucksFCDucksFC Member Posts: 1,237

DucksFC said:

Not to turd in the punchbowl, but this talk is all speculation and hyperbole akin to the guy in the trailer park amazed at his $500 Scratcher ticket payout and convinced his Powerball ticket is gonna net out around half a billion after taxes.

Yeah we didn’t lose to Montana out the gate, or go down to the wire with EWU. But its Cal. We beat Cal. Cal was too high. MSU got plungered, and who else have we played so far?

Still untested against a real team.

Jesus, I can’t believe how effectively I channeled Race Bannon on that.

I'm all in on this team

If Stalin and Race are both in, I stand corrected and am ready to Doog out.
    Unfortunately after working 25+ years in law enforcement some shit is creepy and not funny in any context.
    I kinda assume hitler was the bitch if this was a relationship. But that he took great pleasure expelling large cum bubble farts on Stalins purple throbber due to his chronic flatulence.

I think at one point hitler started ingesting pills filled with the fecal material of a “particularly robust Romanian peasant” to balance his gut biome out. Didn’t help. Still farted like motherfucker and raged between torrents of diarrhea and hemorrhoid inducing constipation.
    I didn't realize this bored wrote such eloquent fanfiction.
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,351 Swaye's Wigwam
    DucksFC said:

DucksFC said:

Not to turd in the punchbowl, but this talk is all speculation and hyperbole akin to the guy in the trailer park amazed at his $500 Scratcher ticket payout and convinced his Powerball ticket is gonna net out around half a billion after taxes.

Yeah we didn’t lose to Montana out the gate, or go down to the wire with EWU. But its Cal. We beat Cal. Cal was too high. MSU got plungered, and who else have we played so far?

I'm all in on this team

Unfortunately after working 25+ years in law enforcement some shit is creepy and not funny in any context.
    I kinda assume hitler was the bitch if this was a relationship. But that he took great pleasure expelling large cum bubble farts on Stalins purple throbber due to his chronic flatulence.

I think at one point hitler started ingesting pills filled with the fecal material of a “particularly robust Romanian peasant” to balance his gut biome out. Didn’t help. Still farted like motherfucker and raged between torrents of diarrhea and hemorrhoid inducing constipation.
    Were you not around for Eason?
    Canadawg said:

DucksFC said:

DucksFC said:

I'm all in on this team

I lurked back then, wasn't paying attention as much to the Skinny man love.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,474 Founders Club
    chuck said:

DucksFC said:

Canadawg said:

DucksFC said:

DucksFC said:

I'm all in on this team

It really only lasted for about a game.

Personally I felt like Eason got a raw deal. He had ball security and some other issues, but Pete's offense was a train wreck with shit for receivers and an OL who didn't know who they were supposed to block half of the time.
    I don't think Pete liked quarterbacks who were taller than him

I thought the Eason hate was misplaced
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,154
    whlinder said:

Iowa and Wisconsin will be the biggest losers. They've been trotting out FCS offenses for over a decade now, and piling up 9 win seasons this whole time as they largely duck the actual B10 powers. They're going to go full Nebraska and fade into obscurity starting next year.

The one Iowa fan I know has already accepted this fate. This is their last year of possibly mattering.
    They just got shut out by Pedo State. They have never mattered.
  • flatusflatus Member Posts: 912

chuck said:

DucksFC said:

Canadawg said:

DucksFC said:

DucksFC said:

I'm all in on this team

Personally I felt like Eason got a raw deal. He had ball security and some other issues, but Pete's offense was a train wreck with shit for receivers and an OL who didn't know who they were supposed to block half of the time.

Was that the "big dick gunslinger" transfer? I only vaguely remember him leading to another UW loss to the Ducks.
  • whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,591 Standard Supporter

whlinder said:

Iowa and Wisconsin will be the biggest losers. They've been trotting out FCS offenses for over a decade now, and piling up 9 win seasons this whole time as they largely duck the actual B10 powers. They're going to go full Nebraska and fade into obscurity starting next year.

The one Iowa fan I know has already accepted this fate. This is their last year of possibly mattering.
    They just got shut out by Pedo State. They have never mattered.
    Mattering being defined as competing for the West division title. It's a low bar.
    flatus said:

chuck said:

DucksFC said:

Canadawg said:

DucksFC said:

DucksFC said:

I'm all in on this team

Was that the "big dick gunslinger" transfer? I only vaguely remember him leading to another UW loss to the Ducks.

• UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,395 Swaye's Wigwam

We've seen most of this offense in action for more than a season now. All the key pieces are already proven to be what we think they are.

The defense has questions but *looks fundamentally better than last year.

Special teams, which everyone seems to forget, looks vastly improved over last year's start against similar dreck.
  • LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,781
    dtd said:
    Much more solid than Florida State and Texas’ remaining schedules.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,474 Founders Club
    Pat Forde

The Big Ten West Is Big Ten Westing
    In America’s most lopsided divisional format, the Big Ten West (34) is playing to the script. They’re fresh out of unbeatens before we’re out of September, with Iowa being the last to go down—and go down hard—at Penn State. While the Big Ten championship game looms as another mismatch, it’s also quite possible that the West will crown a fourth different champion in the last four seasons, which does keep things fun for the fans of West Division teams. Purdue, for example, sure enjoyed making the title game last year.

The division remains an offensive quagmire. The two lowest-rated passing offenses (35) from power conferences both hail from the Big Ten West: Minnesota checks in at No. 125 nationally, with old reliable Iowa at No. 126. Not far up the ladder is Nebraska at No. 109, Purdue at No. 96, Wisconsin at No. 92 and Northwestern at No. 85. Congratulations to Illinois for being the aerial standard bearer for the division at No. 84.

In crossover divisional games (36) thus far, the West is 0-3, outscored 85-20. Iowa has a good chance to get the West’s first win over the East Saturday, when Michigan State staggers into Iowa City. The Dash doesn’t like Nebraska’s chances against Michigan or Northwestern’s chances against Penn State.

Doing Great: Jeff Brohm, Louisville (21). The Cardinals are 4–0 for the first time since 2016, when Lamar Jackson was on his way to the Heisman Trophy. Louisville leads the ACC and ranks fifth nationally in total offense, emerging as one of several contenders for a potential league championship berth now that Clemson has two conference losses.

Not Great, Bob: Ryan Walters, Purdue. Speaking of that game in West Lafayette: The Boilermakers (1–3) committed three turnovers, one week after committing four against Syracuse. They don’t have a good enough defense to withstand that. Walters was handed a tough first-year schedule, but starting 0–3 in Ross-Ade Stadium reduces aspiration of bowl eligibility.

@PurdueHonk
  • CougarfsCougarfs Member Posts: 51

Time for Washington and Oregon to demand a full TV share

Sorry. Not happening. You guys will be the big ten’s little 9 am kickoff bitches. Maybe Illinois will lend you some money for bus fare to get to Champaign. You can ride on Peter Pan.

Rigged refs.
    Rigged kick times for games.
    Poor share of tv money.
    Lots of 4-8 seasons of misery incoming for the dogs.
    On the other hand, Kalen Deboer will like the giant piles of food that everyone in the Midwest shovels in their faces 24/7.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter

Cougarfs said:

Sorry. Not happening. You guys will be the big ten’s little 9 am kickoff bitches. Maybe Illinois will lend you some money for bus fare to get to Champaign. You can ride on Peter Pan.

Rigged refs.
    Poor share of tv money.
    On the other hand, Kalen Deboer will like the giant piles of food that everyone in the Midwest shovels in their faces 24/7.

This guym seems upset.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter
    Cougarfs said:

Rigged refs.
    Poor share of tv money.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6ouxYOW20k
  • PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,220 Swaye's Wigwam
    dtd said:
    Not that TCU was the better team, but Michigan losing to them in the CFP did not shock me.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,154
    Cougarfs said:

Rigged refs.
    Poor share of tv money.
    Name checks out.
    Cougarfs said:

Rigged refs.
    Poor share of tv money.