Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Worried about our conference

Comments

• AOGAOG Member Posts: 1,707
    edited September 2023
    I don't feel much affinity with our? semi-pro Huskys playing on Alaska Airlines field any longer, in fact they are kind of boring. Even less with the B1G. It's all boring, and a long way from the real west coast college football we used to get.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309

This is our chance for a Natty. We probably won’t, but it’s the best chance we have ever had. 2016 was a fun squad, but they weren’t quite at a good enough level.

We would likely beat Ohio State and Michigan. We would beat Alabama. Florida State is a fraud. Texas is coached by Sark. Not sure I would trade our roster for any of theirs, and Georgia might have more talent but our team is more entertaining to watch.

Getting thru the PAC 12 with one loss at most is going to be tough.

I’m starting to think Oregon and Washington are playing each other twice this year, and if they split, then two Pac 12 teams are probably going to the playoffs.
  • bisonduckbisonduck Member Posts: 714

This is our chance for a Natty. We probably won’t, but it’s the best chance we have ever had. 2016 was a fun squad, but they weren’t quite at a good enough level.

We would likely beat Ohio State and Michigan. We would beat Alabama. Florida State is a fraud. Texas is coached by Sark. Not sure I would trade our roster for any of theirs, and Georgia might have more talent but our team is more entertaining to watch.

I’m starting to think Oregon and Washington are playing each other twice this year, and if they split, then two Pac 12 teams are probably going to the playoffs.
    Agreed
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309
    whlinder said:

Not willing to predict 3 matchups?

The wildcard now is shockingly CUOG since they've already beaten OSU and skip USC & Utah, while the top 4 teams all have games against each other. They're Cuog, they will do what they do, but it's kind of wild they got that lucky schedule.
    It’s just like USC last year, skipping Oregon and Washington. I’m more worried about Cuog than USC at this point. Cuog def isn’t great but it’s competent. The USC def is non-existent. Utah has no offense without Rising, and honestly the longer he’s out, the more rusty he’s going to be when he does return.
  • StLouisDawgStLouisDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 534 Founders Club
    Not to turd in the punchbowl, but this talk is all speculation and hyperbole akin to the guy in the trailer park amazed at his $500 Scratcher ticket payout and convinced his Powerball ticket is gonna net out around half a billion after taxes.

Yeah we didn’t lose to Montana out the gate, or go down to the wire with EWU. But its Cal. We beat Cal. Cal was too high. MSU got plungered, and who else have we played so far?

Still untested against a real team.

Jesus, I can’t believe how effectively I channeled Race Bannon on that.
  • EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,132
    edited September 2023

Not to turd in the punchbowl, but this talk is all speculation and hyperbole akin to the guy in the trailer park amazed at his $500 Scratcher ticket payout and convinced his Powerball ticket is gonna net out around half a billion after taxes.

Yeah we didn’t lose to Montana out the gate, or go down to the wire with EWU. But its Cal. We beat Cal. Cal was too high. MSU got plungered, and who else have we played so far?

Jesus, I can’t believe how ineffectively I did not channel Race Bannon on that.

Fixed and definitely disagree.

Absolutely boat raced two power five teams - one known for defense.

If you can't see that big Penix energy is a once in a lifetim QB then no one can help you.

Does that mean we are a shoe in for an undefeated season? Of course not. But every tough team that we have asked to schedule a mid week (or bye week) game as a tune up has turned us down.

• LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,664 Standard Supporter

As I have said many a tim on this bored - If we are slamming trailer trash - I AM OUT
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163
    Iowa and Wisconsin will be the biggest losers. They've been trotting out FCS offenses for over a decade now, and piling up 9 win seasons this whole time as they largely duck the actual B10 powers. They're going to go full Nebraska and fade into obscurity starting next year.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163

Sensible take if you don't trust your own eyeballs or know what a juggernaut looks like when you see it
  • whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,591 Standard Supporter

Iowa and Wisconsin will be the biggest losers. They've been trotting out FCS offenses for over a decade now, and piling up 9 win seasons this whole time as they largely duck the actual B10 powers. They're going to go full Nebraska and fade into obscurity starting next year.

The one Iowa fan I know has already accepted this fate. This is their last year of possibly mattering.
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,786 Swaye's Wigwam
    This team is putting away the teams it should put away. That in itself is a relatively new development and worth raising both eyebrows over.

Not saying UW is winning the national championship, so don't twist. But aside for the early moments of the Boise game, this team has been winning and giggling at the same time.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,925 Swaye's Wigwam
    pawz said:

I'm all in on this team

If Stalin and Race are both in, I stand corrected and am ready to Doog out.
    Creepy AF.

@creepycoug

Creepy AF and good for a morning belly laugh.
  • rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,161
    whlinder said:

The one Iowa fan I know has already accepted this fate. This is their last year of possibly mattering.
    if your iowa fan thought they had a snowballs chance in hell to 'matter' this year then they/them may want to get their meds checked. dmo would make that iowa team 'better.'
  • whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,591 Standard Supporter

whlinder said:

if your iowa fan thought they had a snowballs chance in hell to 'matter' this year then they/them may want to get their meds checked. dmo would make that iowa team 'better.'
    They play in the B1G West. All of those teams have a chance to win the division and play in the B1G championship.

This was also stated prior to gaining 76 yards and 4 first downs against PSU
  • DucksFCDucksFC Member Posts: 1,237

I'm all in on this team

Unfortunately after working 25+ years in law enforcement some shit is creepy and not funny in any context.
  • StLouisDawgStLouisDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 534 Founders Club
    DucksFC said:

I'm all in on this team

Unfortunately after working 25+ years in law enforcement some shit is creepy and not funny in any context.
    I kinda assume hitler was the bitch if this was a relationship. But that he took great pleasure expelling large cum bubble farts on Stalins purple throbber due to his chronic flatulence.

I think at one point hitler started ingesting pills filled with the fecal material of a “particularly robust Romanian peasant” to balance his gut biome out. Didn’t help. Still farted like motherfucker and raged between torrents of diarrhea and hemorrhoid inducing constipation.