Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

ESPN Makes CFB Racist

LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,548
5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
Swaye's Wigwam
Only ESPN could do a story to make the UofC America's Black team and say at the same time that Boulder has racial issues. Fuck those guys and why I ever looked at ESPN's website will baffle me for years

https://andscape.com/features/deion-sanders-transforms-colorado-into-black-americas-team/

PS - I only read the headlines

Comments

• Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,445
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    First, it's CU

Second, the article is saying that black people across the US are interested in Deion and therefore CU football. It's also saying that prior to Sanders becoming the coach, that black CU students in Boulder felt disconnected from the community because Boulder's population is not very diverse.

I disagree that the author is saying Boulder or CU is racist, it's just never had a strong black community before
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,601
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    edited September 2023
    So Deion is the face of black america in college football.

But not Mel Tucker. Got it.

Or Herm lol
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Just wait until Prim isn't hired for the first NFL opening this year.
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,022
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

I think he ends up getting the ole piss job, he’s not wired to go nfl. Espn headlines will be special when a Black man is hired at a school with a plantation nickname, not a dry eye in the house.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,626
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I think he ends up getting the ole piss job, he’s not wired to go nfl. Espn headlines will be special when a Black man is hired at a school with a plantation nickname, not a dry eye in the house.
    Bammer. Prime wants Bammer.

Or at least he should. Saban is surely near the end. I think his personality fits college. Not sure grown men with beards and millions of dollars respond well to his personality but maybe.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    LebamDawg said:

Only ESPN could do a story to make the UofC America's Black team and say at the same time that Boulder has racial issues. Fuck those guys and why I ever looked at ESPN's website will baffle me for years

https://andscape.com/features/deion-sanders-transforms-colorado-into-black-americas-team/

Well then what the Ducks are currently doing to CU will surely be labeled a hate crime.

Vegas knows.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    SFGbob said:

LebamDawg said:

Well then what the Ducks are currently doing to CU will surely be labeled a hate crime.

Vegas knows.
    ISAFNRC
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,606
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    chuck said:

Or at least he should. Saban is surely near the end. I think his personality fits college. Not sure grown men with beards and millions of dollars respond well to his personality but maybe.
    Deion's whole schtick is over-awing young men with his wealth, fame, and charisma and having a ton of power over them.

None of those things would work for even 30 minutes in an NFL locker room.
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,573
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    If I had to bet where Sanders coaches in a couple years my money would be on Texas AM. If you thought his portal haul was big at Colorado wait until you see what he can buy with Aggie money. 8 wins or fewer for Jimbo and 8 wins or more for Prime at CU next year and it’s a done deal.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,931
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

Deion's whole schtick is over-awing young men with his wealth, fame, and charisma and having a ton of power over them.

You don’t think he’d figure out he needed a different approach? Or that he has someone he pays to figure that shit out for him?
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,985
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

chuck said:

You don’t think he’d figure out he needed a different approach? Or that he has someone he pays to figure that shit out for him?
    The nfl is much more about the X's and O's and talent evaluation. I don't think he is a great fit for professional footballl. Not yet at least.
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,022
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

If I had to bet where Sanders coaches in a couple years my money would be on Texas AM. If you thought his portal haul was big at Colorado wait until you see what he can buy with Aggie money. 8 wins or fewer for Jimbo and 8 wins or more for Prime at CU next year and it’s a done deal.

paying jimbos buyout, primes boof's payout, and then prime's contract will be par for the course for aggie.

'we suck at football but maybe if we spend more money on it we can make a ny6 bowl.'
  • Options
    SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    chuck said:

Bammer. Prime wants Bammer. Florida State

Fixed
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967

Eric Bieniemy would like a word.

Buff on Buff action.
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    SECDAWG said:

chuck said:

Bammer. Prime wants Bammer. Florida State

Fixed
    Norvell to Bammer, Prime to FSU, Bieniemy to Buffs. Although Finebaum floated Lanning to Bammer this weekend.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,445
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    SFGbob said:

LebamDawg said:

Vegas knows.
    https://awfulannouncing.com/college-football/dan-lanning-skip-bayless-criticism.html

Skip Bayless said a white coach being Deion is racist and that "there is a deep-rooted, venomous vengeance that is starting to manifest itself against Deion among white coaches."
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,606
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes

chuck said:

No, I don’t. He’s even said in interviews that he’s not interested in the NFL for more or less the reasons I listed.

He will be at Colorado as long as shedeur is there then he will be gone to another college job.

He just needs to hit .500 next year and get a few good portal or recruiting additions to interest another school in his potential.