Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

when does recruiting gain momentum?

Comments

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,620
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HFNY said:

chuck said:

We went to the playoff in '16 and recruiting didn't really pick up until '18-'19. I would expect similar for this team if all goes well, but with NIL its hard to say we ever get back to borderline top 10 classes.

But now we can use the portal to hopefully bridge the gap.

I don't trust too much reliance on the portal. There are a lot of bidders for the top talent and some seem to have deeper pockets than UW.

I do trust this staff to recruit HS players who can play. I'd just like to see a little more success going up against the big recruiting powers for some top 100 types. I also don't like to see them forced to punt on HS recruiting 3 months before signing day because it's not working out and they hope to cover that failure using the portal.
    On the bright side, this wasn't going to be a big class anyway and the staff is looking good for Jericho Johnson, the Cali OT, and still has a chance with the TX safety who visited against Tulsa. A class of 15 HS recruits and 5 portals is a-ok by me for the 2024 class.

At the same time, the 2025 class will need to be better on the HS side since it should be bigger.
    I think we've seen recruitments like Johnson's play out enough times to predict how it ends. If he ended up part of the class that would be pretty big though
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,906
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

HFNY said:

chuck said:

We went to the playoff in '16 and recruiting didn't really pick up until '18-'19. I would expect similar for this team if all goes well, but with NIL its hard to say we ever get back to borderline top 10 classes.

I don't trust too much reliance on the portal. There are a lot of bidders for the top talent and some seem to have deeper pockets than UW.

I do trust this staff to recruit HS players who can play. I'd just like to see a little more success going up against the big recruiting powers for some top 100 types. I also don't like to see them forced to punt on HS recruiting 3 months before signing day because it's not working out and they hope to cover that failure using the portal.
    On the bright side, this wasn't going to be a big class anyway and the staff is looking good for Jericho Johnson, the Cali OT, and still has a chance with the TX safety who visited against Tulsa. A class of 15 HS recruits and 5 portals is a-ok by me for the 2024 class.

At the same time, the 2025 class will need to be better on the HS side since it should be bigger.
    I think we've seen recruitments like Johnson's play out enough times to predict how it ends. If he ended up part of the class that would be pretty big though
    I don’t see DT Johnson coming here but that would be a huge win. One we haven’t seen much off when going against the big boys.
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,475
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

The word out there is that they are only going to take like 2 more kids in this class (it didn't go like they expected) and save the rest of the spots for portal. They will be replacing a lot and don't want to take project high school kids.

I don’t think we’ll be taking many project HS kids anymore. It’s not worth it when you can get them through the portal in 2 years after they show out at a lower level school.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,521
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter

chuck said:

HFNY said:

chuck said:

I don’t see DT Johnson coming here but that would be a huge win. One we haven’t seen much off when going against the big boys.
    Who else is willing to rent out their anuses on Aurora to gin up some NIL money? Don't give into the Big Boys, fight back!
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    And does anyone have the Cliff Notes to Brandon Huffman's interview with Jericho Johnson on the 17th?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HFNY said:

chuck said:

HFNY said:

chuck said:

Who else is willing to rent out their anuses on Aurora to gin up some NIL money? Don't give into the Big Boys, fight back!
    Anus angel?
  • Options
    bigccbigcc Member Posts: 893
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    They can rely on portal this year, recruiting will pick up with games actually on TV, numerous high draft picks.

I think the fact that so many players wanted to come back to play for deboer to have this success will be a huge selling point too.

And obviously, penix even being in the discussion for Heisman is a selling point, let alone winning it.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,515
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    bigcc said:

They can rely on portal this year, recruiting will pick up with games actually on TV, numerous high draft picks.

I think the fact that so many players wanted to come back to play for deboer to have this success will be a huge selling point too.

And obviously, penix even being in the discussion for Heisman is a selling point, let alone winning it.

Lol
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    ntxduck said:

bigcc said:

Lol
    What insight..... Idiot

Please tell me where I'm wrong, last time I checked we've already relied on the portal and lo and behold we're 5-0 and a top 10 team

So instead of muttering like an imbecile how about you add something to the conversation
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    I remember elite recruiting you fags did for bo nix, oh wait!

God I can't believe I'm even trying to diatribe with you, here I'll put it simply, 37-34 at home Lil brother, see you in two weeks cunt
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,515
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited October 2023
    bigcc said:

God I can't believe I'm even trying to diatribe with you, here I'll put it simply, 37-34 at home Lil brother, see you in two weeks cunt

Loving this pup tribute account
  • Options
    ntxduck said:

bigcc said:

Loving this pup tribute account
    37-34 fag
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Who gives a fuck….we can pay players now. Just matter of budget
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    FireCohen said:

Who gives a fuck….we can pay players now. Just matter of budget

This…. If Utah can give their players Doge Ram trucks I mean come on
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,568
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    How many pics of 17yo kids in their underwear has BTP posted in this thread?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Is the new AD going to get people to open the wallet for Elijah Rushing and / or Jericho Johnson? Outside of Phil Knight, Oregon is pretty poor.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    thechatch said:

How many pics of 17yo kids in their underwear has BTP posted in this thread?

Not enough.