Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Jaydon Mickens still playing in NFL

13»

Comments

• CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,988 Founders Club
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Ben Davidson is the all time Husky who did nothing in college but became a semi legendary pro for the Raiders

He was my dad's frat bro
    Sig Ep

My old man's a Sig Ep too
    Very confused by you venturing out of the Tug and even more confused when you’ve posted a few things that make me chuckle. Please stop.
    Can’t promise anything.

• KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849
    Wasn’t He the guy who slept in his Lambo after getting his first bag?
  • longduckdonglongduckdong Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,024 Swaye's Wigwam

Arnold George Weinmeister (March 23, 1923 – June 28, 2000) was a Canadian professional football player who was a defensive tackle. He went to four Pro Bowls, but with only a six-year tenure in the All-America Football Conference and National Football League combined, his career is one of the shortest of any Pro Football Hall of Fame member. He also played in the Canadian Football League. He was born in Rhein, Saskatchewan.[1]

Early years
    Weinmeister was a two-time All-City tackle in high school, and played end, fullback and tackle during a 4-year tenure at the University of Washington which was interrupted by four years of army service. He was scouted by New York Yankees (AAFC) head coach Ray Flaherty while playing fullback.

Professional career
    Weinmeister turned professional in 1948 and played defensive tackle for the New York Yankees in the All-America Football Conference until 1949, and for the New York Giants from 1950 to 1953. During his final season in New York, he served as the team captain. In 1949, Weinmeister won second-team All-AAFC as a rookie followed by first-team All-AAFC honors, was voted All-NFL Choice for four consecutive years (1950–1953), and was selected to play in the NFL's Pro Bowl every year from 1950 to 1953.

He was on the inaugural roster for the BC Lions in 1954, and played for the team for two seasons. He is one of five Saskatchewan natives to make it to the NFL (the other four being Jon Ryan, Rueben Mayes, Ben Heenan, and Brett Jones).

How fucking old are you?
  • longduckdonglongduckdong Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,024 Swaye's Wigwam
    Jaydon will have a longer career than J-Mac in NFL.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

I doubt that very much but even if it's true (LIPO) I'm gonna go out on a limb and say McMillan's career has the edge in receptions, yards, yards per catch, TD's, targets, snaps, routes run, days on the active roster, dollars earned and every other relevant number.

Mickenseseseses 15 career grabs for 145 yards isn't exactly a high bar here.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,817 Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

I doubt that very much but even if it's true (LIPO) I'm gonna go out on a limb and say McMillan's career has the edge in receptions, yards, yards per catch, TD's, targets, snaps, routes run, days on the active roster, dollars earned and every other relevant number.

I just want to see the kids get to the second contract and be set.

But also #fuckthekids.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,945 Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

I just want to see the kids get to the second contract and be set.

But also #fuckthekids.
    I don't follow them close after they leave but I take some doogfan pride in former UW players that succeed in the NFL. I flipped on the Chief game a few days back and even pumped my fist once when McDuffie forced a big fumble.

The point to the troll still stands. Comparing college players based on how they do in the NFL is for retards. Give me a whole team of NFL flops like Reggie Williams.
  • AEBAEB Member Posts: 2,971
    $2.4mm in career earnings. Not bad for a degree in football.