Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jaydon Mickens still playing in NFL

I was remembering how all the people on other websites would make fun of how bad Jaydon was and wanted him replaced.

He has more NFL seasons under his belt than Mario Bailey and John Ross combined.

Always loved him

Comments

• Options
    DucksFCDucksFC Member Posts: 1,109
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    I still am waiting for him to visit Oregon, I hear it's happening soon.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

To me he's the guy that always ran out of bounds instead of trying to get a first down. Then he'd do a funky joyous dance after a pedestrian 9-yard reception.

I’d love to see someone do the stats on his yards after catch because I’m willing to bet he had more sideways yardage than actual yards gained.

And yet he’s still playing in the NFL
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,539
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sometimes guys who aren't great in college find a way to carve out a career in the NFL. Good for him. Marvin Hall made it almost 10 years himself. Maybe Sark squandered The Legion of Zoom.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,066
    Founders Club

Sometimes guys who aren't great in college find a way to carve out a career in the NFL. Good for him. Marvin Hall made it almost 10 years himself. Maybe Sark squandered The Legion of Zoom.

Martin Harrison comes to mind
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

To me he's the guy that always ran out of bounds instead of trying to get a first down. Then he'd do a funky joyous dance after a pedestrian 9-yard reception on 3rd and 15.

crisped
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,405
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Ben Davidson is the all time Husky who did nothing in college but became a semi legendary pro for the Raiders
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Ben Davidson is the all time Husky who did nothing in college but became a semi legendary pro for the Raiders

Why do you hate Arnie Weinmeister?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Arnold George Weinmeister (March 23, 1923 – June 28, 2000) was a Canadian professional football player who was a defensive tackle. He went to four Pro Bowls, but with only a six-year tenure in the All-America Football Conference and National Football League combined, his career is one of the shortest of any Pro Football Hall of Fame member. He also played in the Canadian Football League. He was born in Rhein, Saskatchewan.[1]

Early years
    Weinmeister was a two-time All-City tackle in high school, and played end, fullback and tackle during a 4-year tenure at the University of Washington which was interrupted by four years of army service. He was scouted by New York Yankees (AAFC) head coach Ray Flaherty while playing fullback.

Professional career
    Weinmeister turned professional in 1948 and played defensive tackle for the New York Yankees in the All-America Football Conference until 1949, and for the New York Giants from 1950 to 1953. During his final season in New York, he served as the team captain. In 1949, Weinmeister won second-team All-AAFC as a rookie followed by first-team All-AAFC honors, was voted All-NFL Choice for four consecutive years (1950–1953), and was selected to play in the NFL's Pro Bowl every year from 1950 to 1953.

He was on the inaugural roster for the BC Lions in 1954, and played for the team for two seasons. He is one of five Saskatchewan natives to make it to the NFL (the other four being Jon Ryan, Rueben Mayes, Ben Heenan, and Brett Jones).
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,539
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Off the top of my head there's a handful of former Huskies who were unremarkable Dawgs with decent NFL paychecks - Dwayne Washington, Zeke Turner, Khalif Barnes, probably a bunch I just got to lazy to think about.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Off the top of my head there's a handful of former Huskies who were unremarkable Dawgs with decent NFL paychecks - Dwayne Washington, Zeke Turner, Khalif Barnes, probably a bunch I just got to lazy to think about.
    Khalif Barnes was picked pretty high because of his talent. He was somewhat underwhelming at UW but he played on shitty teams.
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,181
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited September 2023

Basketball player. He was just figuring it out in college.

Plus, limited substitution era and the Huskies were really deep.

I loved the Raiders and the AFL. It was because of Big Ben.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Khalif Barnes was picked pretty high because of his talent. He was somewhat underwhelming at UW but he played on shitty teams.
    He was the best O lineman on the squad. Had a memorable game against Oregon in the Casey Paus hand it off game at Husky Stadium in the last win before the duckade. Took out Keith Lewis. I liked him