Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

We will be podding on Monday morning

2»

Comments

• Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,921
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    This question is specifically for Derek.

Please read these quotes from a competing UW message bored and offer your thoughts.

"So, so happy for him.....bigtime signature win.....made my (college football) day quite frankly"

"Hook ‘em Sark!"

"Happy for Sark. Always appreciate the way he made UW football fun again."

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,237
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    haie said:

"You can't win big if you don't run the ball" is starting to sound iron law that is fading fast with the latest rules that will gift you fifteen yards and a first down even if the receiver doesn't catch it.

The offense consistently targets space all over the line of scrimmage/width of the field. I'd rather win or lose this season with our best players and the one of the best QB/receiver rooms in the country than fuck up a game trying to make a point handing it off to our JAG rb's going inside zone.

The good thing is that unlike Petersen/Lake/Donovan, DeBoer and Grubb aren't going to bang their heads against a brick wall (I hope)
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,726
    Swaye's Wigwam

You guys worried that if Mel Tucker is suspended, can’t see how he’s not, that MSU will try to “win one for coach!”? Are our Dawgs more in trouble now without Tucker mean mugging the sideline than they were with him there?

Shades of playing at ASU the week Kush got fired?

No - Tucker isn't a legend.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,998
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    TheHB said:

You guys worried that if Mel Tucker is suspended, can’t see how he’s not, that MSU will try to “win one for coach!”? Are our Dawgs more in trouble now without Tucker mean mugging the sideline than they were with him there?

People thinking Sparty is just gonna phone this one in.
    I’m worried about them circling the wagons for Mel.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,570
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

"You can't win big if you don't run the ball" is starting to sound iron law that is fading fast with the latest rules that will gift you fifteen yards and a first down even if the receiver doesn't catch it.

The offense consistently targets space all over the line of scrimmage/width of the field. I'd rather win or lose this season with our best players and the one of the best QB/receiver rooms in the country than fuck up a game trying to make a point handing it off to our JAG rb's going inside zone.

The good thing is that unlike Petersen/Lake/Donovan, DeBoer and Grubb aren't going to bang their heads against a brick wall (I hope)
    They find different ways to score and mix in just being unstoppable on several route trees.

Penix isn't going to keep it on zone read against these shitty teams, so it's painfully obvious when the run is coming. He will keep it when they get into league play.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Question for the pod: would you take how it played out getting DeBoer, or would you take Petersen giving Smith the head coaching job and he retires after 2017 season? Let's say in this scenario UW loses Lake to a G5/low power 5 hc job but K stays on as his DC.
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,590
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

Question for the pod: would you take how it played out getting DeBoer, or would you take Petersen giving Smith the head coaching job and he retires after 2017 season? Let's say in this scenario UW loses Lake to a G5/low power 5 hc job but K stays on as his DC.

That’s intriguing but I think slow growing AIDS was on that staff with Gregory, Bonerpopper and others cashing checks and not investing their full tim in recruiting. Lots of hiking and RC cars going on. I’d guess the 17-19 results would have been similar under Smith. I’d prefer if Pete had gone outside his comfort zone in 2017 and hired DeBoer as OC. They would have made the playoffs in 2017 with that defense and Pettis and Gaskin running open all over the place. The 2018 team probably competes with TOSU instead of getting ass blasted in the Rose Bowl and the 2019 team probably wins the shitty P12 yet again. DeBoer gets the job in 2020, Kwat stays and UW is on its best extended run since the 77-84 run under James.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

That’s intriguing but I think slow growing AIDS was on that staff with Gregory, Bonerpopper and others cashing checks and not investing their full tim in recruiting. Lots of hiking and RC cars going on. I’d guess the 17-19 results would have been similar under Smith. I’d prefer if Pete had gone outside his comfort zone in 2017 and hired DeBoer as OC. They would have made the playoffs in 2017 with that defense and Pettis and Gaskin running open all over the place. The 2018 team probably competes with TOSU instead of getting ass blasted in the Rose Bowl and the 2019 team probably wins the shitty P12 yet again. DeBoer gets the job in 2020, Kwat stays and UW is on its best extended run since the 77-84 run under James.
    Smith has fired assistants without hesitation. Only reason he has a defense last year.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,372
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TheHB said:

People thinking Sparty is just gonna phone this one in.
    thud
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,998
    Founders Club
    haie said:

Hypotheticals. We don’t deal in them.

Interesting though.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Concessions are terrible. Bottom of the conference terrible.
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    Founders Club
    SECDAWG said:

ILTSASOTPBAHMD

Whatever the fuck that is…dnc shit, there.
    I understood it.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Monday morning? Don’t you guys have real jobs
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,324
    Swaye's Wigwam
    FireCohen said:

Turns out at least one of them does.
  • Options
    PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member Posts: 4,012
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Watch the first half and pop off
  • Options
    Founders Club

Questions for my pods:

- Sandmeyer on Twitter I mean X, was venting about Husky Stadium concessions. As you may know from my previous pod questions, confessions are very important to me. With that said, are we really ready to compete in the B1G when it comes to concessions?

- Is Texas back this time?
    -
    - Biggest concern on this team (besides the concessions issues)?

- Is @hhusky a cuck or a fag?

- Is it more important to celebrate the return of @PurpleJ return or mourn the loss of @coronabruin?

I’m bumping this for the next pod as I await answers to my questions.
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,167
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

FireCohen said:

Turns out at least one of them does.
    My favorite podcasts to do are the ones where I’m getting paid to do it. There’s been at least 5