Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

UWANIMAL

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,549
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    I didn't even watch it and I'm not planning on it
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,695
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

I didn't even watch it and I'm not planning on it

Stalin didn't get to creating the greatest UW site on all the internets without having some smarts and wisdom.
  • Options
    sinceredawgsinceredawg Member Posts: 786
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    UW Animal killed it with his first one of the season last year - the Michigan State one. Great song, great pacing, and just the right amount of theme. None since have lived up to that standard. It's not easy and I appreciate the guy trying. Our media team has sucked so very hard for so very long that you have to get contributions from fans. Also, Harry the Husky has dark syphilis circles under his eyes and that also should probably change.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,169
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

UW Animal killed it with his first one of the season last year - the Michigan State one. Great song, great pacing, and just the right amount of theme. None since have lived up to that standard. It's not easy and I appreciate the guy trying. Our media team has sucked so very hard for so very long that you have to get contributions from fans. Also, Harry the Husky has dark syphilis circles under his eyes and that also should probably change.

Sounds like you’re saying Jen gave Harry the Husky syphilis.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,116
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

And half of the boosters.

• Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,169
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    chuck said:

I'm saying a mascot is either badass, clever, or amusing. Ours is horribly designed - the most beta, simpish possible interpretation of a husky. Everything matters. Let's use some of that $ we're saving on NIL and make a better costume.
    I don't usually pay much attention to such things, but seriously. What the actual fuck was the designer of that suit thinking? If I showed that thing to 100 random people and asked what it represents, I doubt more than 15-20 would say it's a husky.
    I still had tickets when they switched to this costume. The previous one was ok, this is terrible. It looks like a fucking raccoon.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,704
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

I'm saying a mascot is either badass, clever, or amusing. Ours is horribly designed - the most beta, simpish possible interpretation of a husky. Everything matters. Let's use some of that $ we're saving on NIL and make a better costume.
    I don't usually pay much attention to such things, but seriously. What the actual fuck was the designer of that suit thinking? If I showed that thing to 100 random people and asked what it represents, I doubt more than 15-20 would say it's a husky.
    I still had tickets when they switched to this costume. The previous one was ok, this is terrible. It looks like a fucking raccoon.
    Yeah clearly. But even if it was the UW Racoons, does it need to look like a Nickelodeon Jr raccoon or could they make it a little more adult and football appropriate? Are there really that many adolescent fans attending the games?
  • Options
    dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,295
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    TheHB said:

dannarc said:

I'm totally down with having a racoon for a mascot. Those little fuckers are sneaky, tough, and will do whatever it takes to win the trashcan

@RaccoonHarry New Sig line?
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Canadawg said:

dannarc said:

I'm totally down with having a racoon for a mascot. Those little fuckers are sneaky, tough, and will do whatever it takes to win the trashcan

These racoons weigh 32 pounds across the line
    And they’ll do whatever it takes to win the game…

https://youtu.be/hqTt_jDDCio?si=YofHy2vtVm2mJWx8
  • Options
    DawgInNoCalDawgInNoCal Member Posts: 50
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper First Comment
    I didn’t care for it. I’m glad it isn’t an official UW production. Those things usually come back to bite you in the butt.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,473
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dannarc said:

I've seen some seriously large ones roaming campus between midnight and 4am. Gangs of them even.

Somehow I doubt the AD will be happy with #GoCoons though.