Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

UWANIMAL

13»

Comments

• Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,753
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

For anyone who thinks the mascot is trivial...

I make ads. Can't tell you how many times I've worked on brands with College Football partnerships. They need a spot, or a preroll, or whatever... typically the deal doesn’t let client use game film but you can use the mascots. I'm a UW '92 grad. Would love to promote UW. You know which mascots I pick for spots? Not the creepy syphilitic raccoon.

We pick the same characters you see again and again. Sparty. The Georgia bulldog. The buckeye. Even the fucking duck OU stole from Disney. Because non-retards gave a shit enough to create something that looks good on TV. So those brands get reinforced ---- which leads to money to buy winning teams.

And be clear… our raccoon does look like shit on TV. Especially in a lineup next to any other mascot. Its complexion is bizzarely darker than any natural-born husky, such that it doesn’t read on screen. Black people have to deal with this shit all the time, so much so that Google, then Samsung and Apple, have put millions into helping them out. https://www.wsj.com/articles/google-built-the-pixel-6-camera-to-better-portray-people-with-darker-skin-tones-does-it-11635177665

But no camera can fix that our mascot has the expression of a cuckold forced to clean up after she-husky's bull. And that loser mug will be the face of our brand in the Big 10?

Unlike others on here, I've been impressed with the leadership of Anna Mari Cauce. But this is her casus beli. Lead UW to a respectable new mascot and she positions UW as a leader in college football for the next 100 years.

Mascot Ad superiority guy.

Every bored has one.
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

For anyone who thinks the mascot is trivial...

I make ads. Can't tell you how many times I've worked on brands with College Football partnerships. They need a spot, or a preroll, or whatever... typically the deal doesn’t let client use game film but you can use the mascots. I'm a UW '92 grad. Would love to promote UW. You know which mascots I pick for spots? Not the creepy syphilitic raccoon.

We pick the same characters you see again and again. Sparty. The Georgia bulldog. The buckeye. Even the fucking duck OU stole from Disney. Because non-retards gave a shit enough to create something that looks good on TV. So those brands get reinforced ---- which leads to money to buy winning teams.

And be clear… our raccoon does look like shit on TV. Especially in a lineup next to any other mascot. Its complexion is bizzarely darker than any natural-born husky, such that it doesn’t read on screen. Black people have to deal with this shit all the time, so much so that Google, then Samsung and Apple, have put millions into helping them out. https://www.wsj.com/articles/google-built-the-pixel-6-camera-to-better-portray-people-with-darker-skin-tones-does-it-11635177665

But no camera can fix that our mascot has the expression of a cuckold forced to clean up after she-husky's bull. And that loser mug will be the face of our brand in the Big 10?

Unlike others on here, I've been impressed with the leadership of Anna Mari Cauce. But this is her casus beli. Lead UW to a respectable new mascot and she positions UW as a leader in college football for the next 100 years.

• Options
    biak1biak1 Member Posts: 3,997
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    We’re lucky UWANIMAL posts these at all.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,245
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    dannarc said:

I'm totally down with having a racoon for a mascot. Those little fuckers are sneaky, tough, and will do whatever it takes to win the trashcan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrD945Kbou8
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,473
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

dannarc said:

I'm totally down with having a racoon for a mascot. Those little fuckers are sneaky, tough, and will do whatever it takes to win the trashcan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrD945Kbou8
    Rabies is still undefeated.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,794
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    chuck said:

UW Animal killed it with his first one of the season last year - the Michigan State one. Great song, great pacing, and just the right amount of theme. None since have lived up to that standard. It's not easy and I appreciate the guy trying. Our media team has sucked so very hard for so very long that you have to get contributions from fans. Also, Harry the Husky has dark syphilis circles under his eyes and that also should probably change.

Sounds like you’re saying Jen gave Harry the Husky syphilis.
    I'm saying a mascot is either badass, clever, or amusing. Ours is horribly designed - the most beta, simpish possible interpretation of a husky. Everything matters. Let's use some of that $ we're saving on NIL and make a better costume.
    I don't usually pay much attention to such things, but seriously. What the actual fuck was the designer of that suit thinking? If I showed that thing to 100 random people and asked what it represents, I doubt more than 15-20 would say it's a husky.
    It looks like a furry walking around cap hill.

It's the worst mascot in D1 sports

We have the dog, we dont need a retard in an outfit
  • Options
    Purple_PillsPurple_Pills Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,830
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited September 2023