Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Penix Jr. has Huard, Bumpus raving already

13»

Comments

• Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,560
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

HHusky said:

Gosh he doesn't hit 100% of the lowest percentage throws out there. Sad

The dink and dunk experts don't hit 70%

63,62,68,64 - Jake Browning

Not sure who's ever argued Jake Browning is God's gift to quarterbacking.

He was a decent college QB. Penix has way more arm talent; Browning was probably less fragile.
    Fragility doesn't matter until it does. When he plays with DeBoer he is good. If he gets hurt it only matters when he does. For an nfl club it's something to think about for sure. For a college team where is is actively play wgaf?

Right now he is playing well. They'll need a run game when they have to eventually face a Peterson type defense but he can't control that either.
    Penix and DeBoer package deal to my Cowboys!
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,562
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Is that what it says?

Penix has a way stronger arm
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Maybe I'm the only one who thought he missed all sorts of throws and looks brittle.

I'm pulling for him, but if I'm an NFL GM, he's probably gone before I would draft him. I don't buy the hype.

29/40 is “missed all sorts of throws”.

Receivers routinely running free with 5 yards of separation.

35/40 was easily achievable for a Sunday QB.

And he does look brittle, so there's that. You have to hold your breath if he has any contact with a player or the ground.
    Since Day 1 I've been an enthusiastic Penix supporter, but there is a grain of truth in what Dazzler is saying here
    Said another way, Penix must be maintained erect.
    Underappreciated contribution, imo.
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,000

HHusky said:

Maybe I'm the only one who thought he missed all sorts of throws and looks brittle.

I'm pulling for him, but if I'm an NFL GM, he's probably gone before I would draft him. I don't buy the hype.

29/40 is “missed all sorts of throws”.

Less than 75 percent completions. Oh the shame
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

Bob_C said:

Low standards for vaccines, high standards for black qb’s.

So he can’t beat anyone with his legs and now I’m expecting accuracy of him.

Outrageously demanding!
    What is your standard for accuracy? 65+ percent last year. Over 70% to start this season. Over 70% on deep balls. I think you are completely wrong here. Please tell me why I am wrong.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    yes, lets shit on the best UW QB we has seen in the last 30 years
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,516
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    You are incredibly bored or just a dipshit to find things to nitpick about penix. He’s a Generational qb. Enjoy it. Stop bitching
  • Options
    Wide open won’t happen enough against good teams to miss lead pipe cinch touchdowns.

As for fragility, the topic was his NFL stock. Not a risk worth a load of draft capital if it was up to me.

These are called opinions. Sorry I scared you.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,634
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

Wide open won’t happen enough against good teams to miss lead pipe cinch touchdowns.

As for fragility, the topic was his NFL stock. Not a risk worth a load of draft capital if it was up to me.

I won't disagree with you in his draft stock. He's a perfect "buy low" candidate in my eyes and I doubt he'll be a first round pick. If I'm a team who wants him I'm definitely going to play coy and mention his injury history a lot and for as many ears to hear as possible.

I'm not even sure about the fragile label anymore since we've never seen him show any signs of it, but he does have a track record prior to UW.

He can't afford to keep missing big shots to open receivers though. Two of his 55 yard flicks should have only gone 50 yards in the opening quarter of game one. It's something I'm sure we'll all be keeping an eye on.
  • Options
    chuck said:

HHusky said:

I won't disagree with you in his draft stock. He's a perfect "buy low" candidate in my eyes and I doubt he'll be a first round pick. If I'm a team who wants him I'm definitely going to play coy and mention his injury history a lot and for as many ears to hear as possible.

I'm not even sure about the fragile label anymore since we've never seen him show any signs of it, but he does have a track record prior to UW.

He can't afford to keep missing big shots to open receivers though. Two of his 55 yard flicks should have only gone 50 yards in the opening quarter of game one. It's something I'm sure we'll all be keeping an eye on.
    In my opinion he often looks gimpy after light contact. And sometimes it's after contact with the ground alone. He looks to me like a guy who needs a lot of work on how to take contact and fall. I definitely agree with the "buy low" part; it's not that he's a bad draft pick . . . if he's there in the third or fourth round.

Anyone can get injured in football. But with some guys injuries almost look inevitable.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,560
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    You all are insane if you think Penix goes later than round 2. Have you been paying attention to how desperate teams are to find QB's in the NFL? Look at the dogshit guys taken in the Top-10 every year.
  • Options
    edited September 2023

You all are insane if you think Penix goes later than round 2. Have you been paying attention to how desperate teams are to find QB's in the NFL? Look at the dogshit guys taken in the Top-10 every year.

You're making my point, actually.

"The scouts" routinely miss on QBs. And teams make bad bets as a result.

I want him to make bank somewhere, but outside of Seattle. I see him as a guy who will struggle to stay healthy.