Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Penix Jr. has Huard, Bumpus raving already

Comments

• Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,221
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dnc said:

This is really in depth analysis. He did miss some throws. He also made some throws nobody else is making. He's already really good. The scary thing is he can be even better. I'd be thrilled if he ends up with the Hawks.

The arm is potentially great if made more consistent. He makes the hard throws look simple at times, but he also makes the simple throws look hard at times. If the platform the arm is attached to breaks down though, nothing else matters.

I wouldn't use much draft capital on him because I don't think he's built to withstand contact. He needs to survive enough snaps to become a starting NFL quarterback. I don't think he can.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,562
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

HHusky said:

dnc said:

This is really in depth analysis. He did miss some throws. He also made some throws nobody else is making. He's already really good. The scary thing is he can be even better. I'd be thrilled if he ends up with the Hawks.

The arm is potentially great if made more consistent. He makes the hard throws look simple at times, but he also makes the simple throws look hard at times. If the platform the arm is attached to breaks down though, nothing else matters.

I wouldn't use much draft capital on him because I don't think he's built to withstand contact. He needs to survive enough snaps to become a starting NFL quarterback. I don't think he can.
    This is classic holding the black QB to a massively higher standard than white QBs.

SAD!
    On brand
  • Options
    dnc said:

HHusky said:

dnc said:

This is classic holding the black QB to a massively higher standard than white QBs.

SAD!
    clever
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,174
    Founders Club
    chuck said:

HHusky said:

One game not a season

Boise State not Georgia

The wide-open misses, and there were many, against this MWC opponent don't come back to haunt you.

He missed two bombs early and one out route later...all 3 detailed in the vid that DNC posted. Were there more?
    RG III mentioned two other times that Odunze was wide open downfield and Penix didn't see him.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,174
    Founders Club
    HHusky said:

dnc said:

His arm isn't potentially great, it is great already. The injury aspect is a mild concern.
  • Options
    edited September 2023

dnc said:

HHusky said:

dnc said:

SAD!
    To say his arm isn't great is an odd comment. It's the best arm of any Husky QB I've ever seen.

HHusky said:

dnc said:

His arm isn't potentially great, it is great already. The injury aspect is a mild concern.
    We have a different standard for “greatness”. I like the ball put on my wide open receivers.
  • Options

HHusky said:

dnc said:

HHusky said:

dnc said:

SAD!
    To say his arm isn't great is an odd comment. It's the best arm of any Husky QB I've ever seen.

HHusky said:

dnc said:

We have a different standard for “greatness”. I like the balls put on my wide open chin.
    The peasants are revolting.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,562
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

dnc said:

HHusky said:

dnc said:

SAD!

HHusky said:

dnc said:

We have a different standard for “greatness”. I like the balls put on my wide open chin.
    I'm impressed that your shitty takes go from board to board
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 9,005
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Low standards for vaccines, high standards for black qb’s.
  • Options

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

dnc said:

HHusky said:

dnc said:

SAD!

HHusky said:

dnc said:

I'm impressed that your shitty takes go from board to board
    That’s called “ambidextrous”.
  • Options
    Bob_C said:

Low standards for vaccines, high standards for black qb’s.

So he can’t beat anyone with his legs and now I’m expecting accuracy of him.

Outrageously demanding!
  • Options
    Good. I like to see a Washington man make some guaranteed money.

If I had my druthers, he'd get paid that money by the Cardinals, Rams or 49ers.
  • Options

Gosh he doesn't hit 100% of the lowest percentage throws out there. Sad

The dink and dunk experts don't hit 70%

63,62,68,64 - Jake Browning

Not sure who's ever argued Jake Browning is God's gift to quarterbacking.

He was a decent college QB. Penix has way more arm talent; Browning was probably less fragile.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,992
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    HHusky said:

Gosh he doesn't hit 100% of the lowest percentage throws out there. Sad

The dink and dunk experts don't hit 70%

63,62,68,64 - Jake Browning

Not sure who's ever argued Jake Browning is God's gift to quarterbacking.

He was a decent college QB. Penix has way more arm talent; Browning was probably less fragile.
    Fragility doesn't matter until it does. When he plays with DeBoer he is good. If he gets hurt it only matters when he does. For an nfl club it's something to think about for sure. For a college team where is is actively play wgaf?

Right now he is playing well. They'll need a run game when they have to eventually face a Peterson type defense but he can't control that either.