Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Question of the day

Watching PInkel at media days made me just shake my head and wonder...How can a coach with a point .58 winning percentage (big12), who has never won the big 12 outright, compete and almost win the SEC championship game, in his second fucking year? Don't get me started on TAMU and their meteoric rise their 1st fucking year in the SEC. We're talking about Mizzou.

Mizzou and A&M were barely better than .500 in their years in the big12 (a 2 - team conference) . They move to the almighty SEC and suddenly become near champions.

Why is it that Bobby Stoops and I are the only men in the country who see the SEC for what it is? A great conference along with the other 4. No better, no worse top to bottom. I argue the pac12 and big10 are better top to bottom. Stoops proved me right last year by undressing the overrated tide (which i hammered home and they'll be worse this year) in a BCS bowl.

Know Bambi ' s excuse? We didn't want to be there. BULLSHIT! Whoever questions me fuck off in advance...you b retarted

Comments

• Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    The SEC's top 2 teams are better than everybody else's top 2 teams.....You go down from there though and they are the same as everyone else. 3-12 (or whatever it is) is the same as Pac-12 3-12
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,503
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    A down year for the SEC is only having 4 teams finish in the top 10 of the polls.
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Oregon would never lose again if they went to the SEC
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,549
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Lsu 43 doogs 3
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

...Missouri got to the SEC title game because they didn't play Alabama, LSU, or Auburn in the regular season...

This, of course, is why the SEC has fought so hard to hold onto the 8-team round robin format.

They also play in the SEC East which was shit last year. Florida and Georgia sucked. South Carolina was decent, but nothing special.

Truth.

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,983
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

Doogles said:

Lsu 43 doogs 3

Honestly, Fuck Sark.

That game almost killed me via alcohol poisoning.
    Never make a drinking game out of 3rd and 1 with Sark at the helm.
    Nothing beats a deep sideline fade on 3rd and 1
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

Not arguing about the SEC, but Missouri got to the SEC title game because they didn't play Alabama, LSU, or Auburn in the regular season. They also play in the SEC East which was shit last year. Florida and Georgia sucked. South Carolina was decent, but nothing special.

This doesn't really help your point.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,833
    Founders Club
    edited July 2014
    but..but ESPN said the SEC is a NFL developmental league! It's so special! As if the rest of D1a isn't the same f****** thing
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

but..but ESPN said the SEC is a NFL developmental league! It's so special! As if the rest of D1a isn't the same f****** thing

Why does the SEC bother you so much? Jealous?
  • Options
    Founders Club
    PurpleJ said:

They don't really play anybody out of conference, they play 8 games, they get an unbalanced amount of media hype etc. If everyone was held to the same standard it would be different. You've been on here on a regular basis. Surely you've read Puppy's and my reasoning.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2014

PurpleJ said:

They don't really play anybody out of conference, they play 8 games, they get an unbalanced amount of media hype etc. If everyone was held to the same standard it would be different. You've been on here on a regular basis. Surely you've read Puppy's and my reasoning.
    They don't really play anyone out of conference, huh? Have you seen our non-conference schedule? We are in no position to talk, and everyone schedules cupcakes.

Tennessee plays at Oklahoma this year, South Carolina goes to Clemson, Georgia gets Clemson at home, LSU plays Wisconsin, Auburn goes to K State, I think Florida plays FSU every year.

Last year Florida played FSU and at Miami, Georgia went to Clemson, South Carolina hosted Clemson and went to UCF, LSU played TCU at a neutral site, Tennessee went to Oregon, Ole Miss went to Texas.

Then there's the fact that they won 7 BCS titles in a row, with 9 total. Guess how many the other conferences have combined? FIVE. The next best conferences, Big 12 and ACC, only have TWO. The SEC also has the best winning percentage out of all the major conferences in BCS bowls.

The hype is justified, and frankly, I'm sick and tired of hearing you and plss doog it up about it.

It says a lot that you are siding with plss on a football argument. Think about that for a bit.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited July 2014
    PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

They don't really play anyone out of conference, huh? Have you seen our non-conference schedule? We are in no position to talk, and everyone schedules cupcakes.

Tennessee plays at Oklahoma this year, South Carolina goes to Clemson, Georgia gets Clemson at home, LSU plays Wisconsin, Auburn goes to K State, I think Florida plays FSU every year.

Last year Florida played FSU and at Miami, Georgia went to Clemson, South Carolina hosted Clemson and went to UCF, LSU played TCU at a neutral site, Tennessee went to Oregon, Ole Miss went to Texas.

Then there's the fact that they won 7 BCS titles in a row, with 9 total. Guess how many the other conferences have combined? FIVE. The next best conferences, Big 12 and ACC, only have TWO. The SEC also has the best winning percentage out of all the major conferences in BCS bowls.

The hype is justified, and frankly, I'm sick and tired of hearing you and plss doog it up about it.

It says a lot that you are siding with plss on a football argument. Think about that for a bit.
    Wow, six games out of 48? How many times do they play shitshows like McNeese St, Troy, Furman, Citadel, and other directional schools Sherlock? Great case you have there. They were playing shit o.o.c. schedules for a long time, started to get away with it after winning a couple NCs, and now (sadly) other conferences followed, and it's dragged down college football in the process. You need to go back beyond the late 2000s. I'm guessing you're one of the types who started following college football as a sophomore in college or something. There's nothing wrong with that, but this goes back a while.

I've never said they aren't good, but they are overrated. When you start out with seven or eight teams in the top 25, and 3-5 in the top 12, it's way easier to remain highly ranked.

Here's a scenario:

South Carolina starts out ranked 8th, goes 5-0, climbs up to 3rd, then loses a close one at no. 6 LSU. Media morons harp about how they shouldn't even drop a spot because the SEC is almost as good as the Jaguars etc., you're going to get beat up playing each other...maybe they should drop one spot, or two, but that's it! They're still in the NC hunt! They only lost one game! It's the SEC! What I wrote is only a slight embellishment. Listen to some of these morons sometime.