Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Leaderboard Update From the 1st Annual Central Oregon Hardcore Husky Golf Tournament

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,097 Founders Club

2 disclaimers requested by @DerekJohnson

*Stalin hasn't played golf in the past 4 years

**Noted board golf expert @Tequilla states that Tetherow Resort is shit as fuck and the green are fucking twash.

Comments

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,616 Founders Club
    No Yella... Up until this year I hadn't played golf in 14 years. Yesterday was my 2nd time in 14 years on a real course. (I played a par 3 twice last weekend).

We had a great, great time. Often it felt like we had the course to ourselves. The greens were fucking brutal.

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,097 Founders Club

I’ll be expecting my invite for next year Boss

So Stalin and I are getting some drinks and grub afterwards at a local watering hole, and the server comes up to me and says "What can I get you, Boss?". True story.
    Was it the coldest beer in town?
    No. That's at the D&D Bar and Grill.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,854 Swaye's Wigwam

No Yella... Up until this year I hadn't played golf in 14 years. Yesterday was my 2nd time in 14 years on a real course. (I played a par 3 twice last weekend).

We had a great, great time. Often it felt like we had the course to ourselves. The greens were fucking brutal.

So stalins a natural or yellas twash.
    edited August 2023

I'm trash as fuck at golf, but making slow and steady progress. If I could be a low 90s guysm some day I'd take it.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,616 Founders Club

I’ll be expecting my invite for next year Boss

So Stalin and I are getting some drinks and grub afterwards at a local watering hole, and the server comes up to me and says "What can I get you, Boss?". True story.
    The server looked like a character out of a Kerouac novel
  • Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,300 Swaye's Wigwam

I'm trash as fuck at golf, but making slow and steady progress. If I could be a low 90s guysm some day I'd take it.
    I’m surprised your superior rowing boat skills didn’t transfer over to the links.
    There's zero correlation between what it takes to be skrong at row boat and what it takes to be good at golf.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,854 Swaye's Wigwam

I’m surprised your superior rowing boat skills didn’t transfer over to the links.
    There's zero correlation between what it takes to be skrong at row boat and what it takes to be good at golf.
    Come on man. 81% of what I say is silly try hard non-sense 100% of the tim.
  • coronabruincoronabruin Member Posts: 1,480
    I only play mini golf at the bowling alley #hoodstar

Come on man. 81% of what I say is silly try hard non-sense 100% of the tim.
    I understand. I'm just offering a statement of facts about row peter puffers and golf.
    Bob_C said:

Yikes guys.

Are you in the running to win the 2nd Annual Hardcore Husky Golf Tournament @Bob_C ?
  • Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,300 Swaye's Wigwam

Bob_C said:

Yikes guys.

Are you in the running to win the 2nd Annual Hardcore Husky Golf Tournament @Bob_C ?
    For sure!

142 slope is no joke though.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    You progressive bitches don’t drink bud light?
    edited August 2023
    FireCohen said:

You progressive bitches don’t drink bud light?

I've long thought Bud Light (and light beer in general) was for feegs and frat boi douche canoes. Nothing's changed with me. I don't need 2023 Instagram malarkey to tell me what I already know.
    Bob_C said:

Bob_C said:

Yikes guys.

For sure!

142 slope is no joke though.
    Golf like anything is a law of 10,000 hrs type thing. I've never practiced or played enough to be decent at the pastime. If I can get to the point where I can bogey most holes and get a few pars to off-set the double and triple bogeys I'll be happy.