Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Listening to Podcast of Champions

2»

Comments

• WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,280 Swaye's Wigwam
    Is Cohen a reverse Barbara Hedges?
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,790 Swaye's Wigwam
    @Doog_de_Jour look what you’ve created.

Proud of you.
  • LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,787
    TXDawg said:

AEB said:

Maybe it’s a bad take, but Cauce has grown on me. She had a binary choice (non-binary?) on the future of Husky football, and she made the right decision. Plus, she let Cohen walk, and as highlighted by others on the site, there’s some really deplorable things Cohen allowed. So, there might be some hope here.

It's hard to say. During the presser about the move to the B1G, it seemed like Cauce was in the driver's seat much more than Jen. But Jen probably knew she was gone, and it comes across more like a senior in their last week of school. Maybe Jen quit for a better job, maybe she quit because she had a bad boss. IIRC, Jen did pass on the opportunity to add to Cauce's response to the questions about a bad relationship between upper campus and the AD.
    Agreed. In that presser, Jen was either exhausted from putting in 6 hour days 5 days in a row or she was disassociated from already agreeing to the SC job. It was clear. It’s a pick ‘em for me.
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 4,514 Standard Supporter

Is Cohen a reverse Barbara Hedges?

The visual of a Reverse Barbara Hedges kind of grosses the Throbber out.

brb, jo
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849
    edited August 2023
    Riley kept Alex Grinch, who had one good season at WSU and since has been bottom 50 at tOSU, OKL and USC as his DC.

USC was 106th in total defense last year.

The team that Grinch left was 122nd. Quite a legacy there.

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,473 Founders Club
    LawDawg1 said:

TXDawg said:

AEB said:

Maybe it’s a bad take, but Cauce has grown on me. She had a binary choice (non-binary?) on the future of Husky football, and she made the right decision. Plus, she let Cohen walk, and as highlighted by others on the site, there’s some really deplorable things Cohen allowed. So, there might be some hope here.

It's hard to say. During the presser about the move to the B1G, it seemed like Cauce was in the driver's seat much more than Jen. But Jen probably knew she was gone, and it comes across more like a senior in their last week of school. Maybe Jen quit for a better job, maybe she quit because she had a bad boss. IIRC, Jen did pass on the opportunity to add to Cauce's response to the questions about a bad relationship between upper campus and the AD.
    Agreed. In that presser, Jen was either exhausted from putting in 6 hour days 5 days in a row or she was disassociated from already agreeing to the SC job. It was clear. It’s a pick ‘em for me.
    When they did the presser to announce Lake's firing, she looked like she hadn't slept in a week. She was a mess.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,952 Founders Club
    I’m looking forward to the game day experience improvements Jen focuses on at USC!

@Baseman
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,823 Swaye's Wigwam
    Jen likes her margaritas and vodka sodas.
  • EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,138

LawDawg1 said:

TXDawg said:

AEB said:

When they did the presser to announce Lake's firing, she looked like she hadn't slept in a week. She was a mess.
    So nothing had changed with her? And still hasn't.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,945 Swaye's Wigwam
    Kaepsknee said:

Riley kept Alex Grinch, who had one good season at WSU and since has been bottom 50 at tOSU, OKL and USC as his DC.

USC was 106th in total defense last year.

The team that Grinch left was 122nd. Quite a legacy there.

Riley couldn't fail harder at defense if he tried. It's almost like he does try. I can't make sense of it.
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,380 Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

I like the podcast of champions but Ryan makes money off of sprinkling sunshine all over USC's AD, whereas David's site is full of self-loathing alums and he is actually free to speak reality.

Also, the people Ryan talks to are other 247 fucking retards like Kim Grinolds, who says shit like "Jen is amazing because she's the 'momma bear' to these student athletes."

Ryan was much more deprecating when Helton was there. He's understandably more positive right now but I wouldn't say he's overly positive usually
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,790 Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

I like the podcast of champions but Ryan makes money off of sprinkling sunshine all over USC's AD, whereas David's site is full of self-loathing alums and he is actually free to speak reality.

Also, the people Ryan talks to are other 247 fucking retards like Kim Grinolds, who says shit like "Jen is amazing because she's the 'momma bear' to these student athletes."

haie said:

“Momma leopard.”
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,473 Founders Club
    haie said:

And you never want to get between a momma bear and her cubs, amirite????
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,952 Founders Club
    haie said:

haie said:

Everyone says that Jen is amazing but can't say why, and then proceeds to apologize for Lake/Hopkins.

And then brings up DeBoer.

Jesus Christ.
    Just because she’s a momma bear doesn’t mean she was good at her job.
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,280 Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

haie said:

Everyone says that Jen is amazing but can't say why, and then proceeds to apologize for Lake/Hopkins.

And then brings up DeBoer.

Jesus Christ.
    I've said it once and I'll say it again. Me and @JoeEDangerously basically said hire DeBoer week 2 or 3 of that year. It wasn't that complicated. If Jen had been better at being Jen UW would be stuck with Campbell or Aranda.