Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Listening to Podcast of Champions

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,473 Founders Club
They're attributing the fact Hopkins is still here to Jen Cohen's steadfast loyalty to her coaches.

They said Husky fans seem to universally love her. Kind of seems like they don't take periodic peaks at HcH

Comments

• CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,952 Founders Club

They're attributing the fact Hopkins is still here to Jen Cohen's steadfast loyalty to her coaches.

They said Husky fans seem to universally love her. Kind of seems like they don't take periodic peaks at HcH

Her biggest weakness was understanding leverage and protecting the university from absolute meltdowns from coaches she hired. The buyouts for lake and hop are directly related to our financial troubles and that's her fault.

Also she was gifted a coach with 3 straight ny6 appearances and couldn't capitalize on that by building out the ticket sales and fanbase.

How does nobody in the media talk about these things?
    I don’t remember the dates but I’m curious to know when Wisconsin pulled out of the series compared to when she scheduled tOSU. If Badger left before tOSU scheduled and she didn’t secure a larger buyout that’s another indictment of her skills.

ATBS, I feel like Badger pulled out after tOSU was scheduled.
  • JoeyJoey Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,567 Founders Club
    She was mediocre at best here. They don’t know how much they’ll hate her there. Her one job will be to prevent Riley from leaving to the NFL. We shall see.
  • Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,959 Standard Supporter

I only watched part of the episode before I fell asleep (they have their stuff up on YouTube now) and I’m pretty sure in David Wood’s case he said the whole “loyalty to her coaches” in a mocking tone (you’ll remember his critical Tweets of the hire earlier yesterday).

I love Ryan Abraham but he can sometimes be a huge Trooj, so I’m not surprised he’s towing the company line. He’ll come around though.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,473 Founders Club

I only watched part of the episode before I fell asleep (they have their stuff up on YouTube now) and I’m pretty sure in David Wood’s case he said the whole “loyalty to her coaches” in a mocking tone (you’ll remember his critical Tweets of the hire earlier yesterday).

I love Ryan Abraham but he can sometimes be a huge Trooj, so I’m not surprised he’s towing the company line. He’ll come around though.
    that's funny, I don't much care for Abraham but like Woods. I don't watch the stream but listen to the pod.
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,799 Founders Club
    LawDawg1 said:

USC is going to love her NIL director hires.

She won’t have anything to do with NIL at USC. Stand back and let the business people take care of business. I’m hoping UWs next AD will do the same. Why put a Governor on something that has no regulations? Never understood why UW had to hold on so tightly to old rules and ideals when the floodgates opened. USC took the opportunity to get back to being USC and I’m sure she’ll be grateful it’s out of her hands.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849
    LawDawg1 said:

USC is going to love her NIL director hires.

I’m hearing @UWLeah is tanned, rested and ready.
  • TXDawgTXDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 827 Founders Club
    AEB said:

Maybe it’s a bad take, but Cauce has grown on me. She had a binary choice (non-binary?) on the future of Husky football, and she made the right decision. Plus, she let Cohen walk, and as highlighted by others on the site, there’s some really deplorable things Cohen allowed. So, there might be some hope here.

It's hard to say. During the presser about the move to the B1G, it seemed like Cauce was in the driver's seat much more than Jen. But Jen probably knew she was gone, and it comes across more like a senior in their last week of school. Maybe Jen quit for a better job, maybe she quit because she had a bad boss. IIRC, Jen did pass on the opportunity to add to Cauce's response to the questions about a bad relationship between upper campus and the AD.
  • MelloDawgMelloDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,535 Swaye's Wigwam

Softy’s take is that it’s unfortunate to see her go because she’s done such a great job.
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,823 Swaye's Wigwam
    Softy is just a mouthpiece for UW. He’s a couple steps above Kim and Fetters, which isn’t saying much.

That said, I don’t mind him. At least he balances out Cuog opinion on that station.

And his takes on the Mariners are hilarious.
  • AEBAEB Member Posts: 2,971
    TXDawg said:

AEB said:

Maybe it’s a bad take, but Cauce has grown on me. She had a binary choice (non-binary?) on the future of Husky football, and she made the right decision. Plus, she let Cohen walk, and as highlighted by others on the site, there’s some really deplorable things Cohen allowed. So, there might be some hope here.

It's hard to say. During the presser about the move to the B1G, it seemed like Cauce was in the driver's seat much more than Jen. But Jen probably knew she was gone, and it comes across more like a senior in their last week of school. Maybe Jen quit for a better job, maybe she quit because she had a bad boss. IIRC, Jen did pass on the opportunity to add to Cauce's response to the questions about a bad relationship between upper campus and the AD.
    The upper campus excuse is a canard. There’s been friction since the 90s at least. It’s part of it. Cauce at least had what Gerberding didn’t - an opportunity to kill football and she didn’t. Now, she could blow this hire, too, so there’s that.
  • KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,053

She was mediocre at best here. They don’t know how much they’ll hate her there. Her one job will be to prevent Riley from leaving to the NFL. We shall see.

If USC is about winning National Championships, Riley won't be the guy to do that. I am not sure the NFL is gonna want a guy who's offensive system is overrated and doesn't value defense. This would be Kingsbury and Chip Kelly all over again. Riley left OU cause he knew his system would get destroyed in the SEC. The Big Ten is a close 2nd.
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,380 Swaye's Wigwam
    AEB said:

TXDawg said:

AEB said:

The upper campus excuse is a canard. There’s been friction since the 90s at least. It’s part of it. Cauce at least had what Gerberding didn’t - an opportunity to kill football and she didn’t. Now, she could blow this hire, too, so there’s that.
    Cauce is rubbing shoulders with only football schools (and UCLA) from here on out. I hope she gets the right perspective
  • JoeyJoey Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,567 Founders Club

If USC is about winning National Championships, Riley won't be the guy to do that. I am not sure the NFL is gonna want a guy who's offensive system is overrated and doesn't value defense. This would be Kingsbury and Chip Kelly all over again. Riley left OU cause he knew his system would get destroyed in the SEC. The Big Ten is a close 2nd.
    You’re underestimating how dumb even the NFL franchises are