Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Press Conference - Washington Announces Move to Big Ten

2»

Comments

• sinceredawgsinceredawg Member Posts: 796

Would've been nice to see Napoleon's long run against Ohio State

Minor, but not really FFS: Whoever cut this video did a shit job with timing. Each cutaway to commentary enters just a beat too early, so you can always tell that we're being talked about after Oregon and only as a second thought. You're going to do a hype reel get the fucking details correct. Like Coach Pete says - everyone has to step the fuck up now.... that goes 1000x for our weak amateur marketing department.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,506 Swaye's Wigwam
    TheHB said:

I think Jen was probably assuring all her PAC colleagues that things would work out … until Cauce said fuck that shit.

I get the feeling Jen may not be long for her job. I think she may be a suddenly senior situation before the start of the B1G experience for UW.

Presidents want ADs to do their fucking job.

It's been rumored that she was going to "retire", but now that we've graduated from Covid and the Jimmy disaster to having everything easy again, I don't know.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,902 Founders Club
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    edited August 2023

I laughed that Cauce seemed annoyed about Kim asking about the divide between upper campus and athletics.

Maybe through existential crisis a gap has been bridged between the higher academics and the football program. It’s always felt like there’s been push back on big Tim college football. I’m hoping all hands and wallets are on deck.
    You don't even need to do any existential speculation to see that athletics and the ivory tower side of UW are more aligned than ever (at least in my lifetime). Just look at Cauce's literal actions. Read her literal words she has said about this. This is what we've been asking for since the yearning-for-Jim-Mora days at least*. Feels good ngl.

*edit: early 90s is what I should have said.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,479 Founders Club
    I'm still in shock at our President. Of UW that is