Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Press Conference - Washington Announces Move to Big Ten

Comments

• CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,902 Founders Club
    haie said:

TLDR: I had to murder the Pac 12. No need to explain. Cuogs will replace Tulsa on our schedule. Look forward to aligning with Michigan bye.

Jen still has issues but I can't really complain about the job AMC has done. She had one job to do. She did it.

I believe ANC has taken the title Football President from Emmert.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,377 Founders Club
    Would've been nice to see Napoleon's long run against Ohio State
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,945 Founders Club
    haie said:

TLDR: I had to murder the Pac 12. No need to explain. Cuogs will replace Tulsa on our schedule. Look forward to aligning with Michigan bye.

Jen still has issues but I can't really complain about the job AMC has done. She had one job to do. She did it.

When push comes to shove AMC ain’t gonna let all those Olympic sports die on her watch.
  • gmogmo Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,727 Swaye's Wigwam
    no comment about Cauce and Jen "tied at the hip" yet? Hopefully just TLDR and not "this place is slipping".

Also watch Jen's eyes as she answers the student travel question (6:50). I am no CIA agent, but I've watched enough movies to know when your eyes are darting to that level.. clear sign of being deceptive or telling an untruth.
  • gmogmo Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,727 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited August 2023
    Kim Grinolds asking the "revenue gap" question... of course, as a titan of two industries...

• haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,506 Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

When push comes to shove AMC ain’t gonna let all those Olympic sports die on her watch.
    New softball, baseball stadium, softball practice facility. New basketball facilities I believe still in the works. Probably planning to give the track team some shit because of their success.

Probably wasn't too thrilled that we lost our good volleyball coach to Minnesota.

There will be some pressure to elevate the hockey team beyond club status. They kicked Utah's ass to win the flaccid Pac whatever last year.
    But the Coug and some Purdue retard tells me that this isn't going to end well for Washington.
  • EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,132
    TLDR Jen is exactly who we thought she is. AMC is not.

The end.

I laughed that Cauce seemed annoyed about Kim asking about the divide between upper campus and athletics.

As small a man as he is he was right to at least touch on the subject. Maybe through existential crisis a gap has been bridged between the higher academics and the football program. It’s always felt like there’s been push back on big Tim college football. I’m hoping all hands and wallets are on deck.
    I thought it was dumb because the results speak for themselves.

He can look up the financial details himself and see why any of the 4 corners schools would suck a 100 dicks to trade places with Washington.

In situations like this it's upper campus behind closed doors and the AD and especially coaches are only informed after major decisions/conclusions are made.
  • TXDawgTXDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 827 Founders Club
    haie said:

I laughed that Cauce seemed annoyed about Kim asking about the divide between upper campus and athletics.

As small a man as he is he was right to at least touch on the subject. Maybe through existential crisis a gap has been bridged between the higher academics and the football program. It’s always felt like there’s been push back on big Tim college football. I’m hoping all hands and wallets are on deck.
    I thought it was dumb because the results speak for themselves.

He can look up the financial details himself and see why any of the 4 corners schools would suck a 100 dicks to trade places with Washington.

In situations like this it's upper campus behind closed doors and the AD and especially coaches are only informed after major decisions/conclusions are made.
    AMC may not realize it now or want it to be, but the decision to move to the B1G will be what she's remembered for.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    Gosh Seattle is beautiful city, too bad it is littered with some of the worst ppl in the country
  • LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,781
    FireCohen said:

Gosh Seattle is beautiful city, too bad it is littered with some of the worst ppl in the country
    It helps to add filters. Most things are better with filters.
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,354 Swaye's Wigwam
    Cauce seems legit. Jen came on screen swiveling her chair like a nervous toddler