Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Speechless. Wow. Just Wow.

2»

Comments

• dtddtd Member Posts: 4,623 Standard Supporter

Plotting on how to scwew Wazzu & the Boovs.

Sign me the fuck up!
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 4,623 Standard Supporter
    46XiJCAB said:

46XiJCAB said:

Let's kick some Purdue and Rutgers ass.

The B1G is actually quite overrated and I look forward to pissing off new fan bases.

With a good fat coach at the helm this feels like a big (B1G) level up for a fan base (at least half of it) that deserves it.

They have too many ass teams that should create the Flat Midwest Conference.

Nebraska
    Iowa
    Perdue
    Minnie
    Indiana
    Illinois
    Iowa beating Oregon 9-3 is going to be spectacularly boring.
    The day Iowa scores 9 points will be history in the making.
    Iowa will probably never score 9 points against udub.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,822 Founders Club
    TheHB said:

The story is that Ana was the linchpin who drove the rig across the finish line, bringing Duck along by their mallard bills.

If that’s true … respeck.

FWIW, According to the Cover 3 podcast, it was Oregon that was going regardless of what the Pac-9 said and Washington joined them in the end.
  • WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,799

TheHB said:

The story is that Ana was the linchpin who drove the rig across the finish line, bringing Duck along by their mallard bills.

If that’s true … respeck.

FWIW, According to the Cover 3 podcast, it was Oregon that was going regardless of what the Pac-9 said and Washington joined them in the end.
    Wsu prez said it was Cauce. Sour grapes? We may never know
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,827 Swaye's Wigwam
    Insiders gonna inside.

UW had more motivation to move than Duck. For now, I will choose to follow the lack of money to find the truth.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,067
    TheHB said:

Insiders gonna inside.

UW had more motivation to move than Duck. For now, I will choose to follow the lack of money to find the truth.

I don't see that. Duck cares about football and has ambition. Getting left behind in the Pac sans SC, UW, and even UCLA (sorry @coronabruin ) would have been a HUGE setback. For either program.
  • Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,739

TheHB said:

Insiders gonna inside.

I don't see that. Duck cares about football and has ambition. Getting left behind in the Pac sans SC, UW, and even UCLA (sorry @coronabruin ) would have been a HUGE setback. For either program.
    Yeah, Oregon has no academic standing to worry about and UW wants to hang out with Cal and Stanford more than anything. But I don't think the B1G was accepting just one team at a time, seems like they would want two.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,067

TheHB said:

Insiders gonna inside.

Yeah, Oregon has no academic standing to worry about and UW wants to hang out with Cal and Stanford more than anything. But I don't think the B1G was accepting just one team at a time, seems like they would want two.
    Apparently not.
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,849 Founders Club
    Had Oregon and UW stayed in the P12 it's the Ducks that would have been financially secure enough to continue a higher level of football success and could have treaded water for the next five years. They have Uncle Phil to help make ends meet and with the proposed P12 deal they would have kept all the playoff money if they'd won the conference instead of equal distribution. UW would have died slowly on the vine. It meant more financially for UW to pull the trigger.
  • Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,739

Had Oregon and UW stayed in the P12 it's the Ducks that would have been financially secure enough to continue a higher level of football success and could have treaded water for the next five years. They have Uncle Phil to help make ends meet and with the proposed P12 deal they would have kept all the playoff money if they'd won the conference instead of equal distribution. UW would have died slowly on the vine. It meant more financially for UW to pull the trigger.

It just means more.
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,827 Swaye's Wigwam

TheHB said:

Insiders gonna inside.

I think UW was motivated from an economic standpoint far more than Duck, who can rely on Uncle Phil to pay the bills. I don’t doubt that Duck has ambition, I just think UW’s financial situation was the biggest factor in this happening so fast.