Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Today's sports media is so terrible!

2»

Comments

• Options
    Boobs_Or_HarvBoobs_Or_Harv Member Posts: 82
    5 Up Votes Testing 1 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dnc said:

PurpleJ said:

But give me Stu over Skkkip and his troll shit any day.

Sark was better than Ty POTD
    Mother fucker you beat me to it. I had the post read then saw your pop up and was like god damn it.......
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,576
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    If we're gonna BASH Stuart Scott, I'm OUT! He has a fucked up eye! Show some respect!
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I always hated Olberman, even when he was paired with Dan Patrick. An intellectual prick and sports don't go together. Dan Patrick is great though, and I enjoy his radio show. I check out his interviews every now and then.

Stuart Scott sucks. Another guy I never liked. I know many of you don't like Berman, and he can be annoying, but I do enjoy the Sunday Night NFL highlights with him and Tom Jackson. In general ESPN sucks. When I was a kid I loved SportsCenter, but now I can't watch more than 2-3 minutes of it.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I always hated Olberman, even when he was paired with Dan Patrick. An intellectual prick and sports don't go together. Dan Patrick is great though, and I enjoy his radio show. I check out his interviews every now and then.

Stuart Scott sucks. Another guy I never liked. I know many of you don't like Berman, and he can be annoying, but I do enjoy the Sunday Night NFL highlights with him and Tom Jackson. In general ESPN sucks. When I was a kid I loved SportsCenter, but now I can't watch more than 2-3 minutes of it.

I like Berman too. I'm just about his complete opposite politically, but I loved Olberman on Sportscenter. Dude was great.
  • Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited July 2014
    I totally agree about the sports media, but I would add that it's just a microcosm of the media in general. There is basically no investigative journalism anymore. The mainstream media is more worried about access than doing their jobs (sound familiar?) and the 24hour news cycle is pretty much unwatchable. Most, if not all, forms of the mainstream press are pretty much state-run, as they are given the narrative and told what they can/can't say. I'd rather light myself on fire than watch 20 minutes of CNN, Fox News or MSNBC. Or Sportscenter, for that matter.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    stuart scott has been suffering from the crud lately, cut him some slack you raycissts
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I totally agree about the sports media, but I would add that it's just a microcosm of the media in general. There is basically no investigative journalism anymore. The mainstream media is more worried about access than doing their jobs (sound familiar?) and the 24hour news cycle is pretty much unwatchable. Most, if not all, forms of the mainstream press are pretty much state-run, as they are given the narrative and told what they can/can't say. I'd rather light myself on fire than watch 20 minutes of CNN, Fox News or MSNBC. Or Sportscenter, for that matter.

As shitty of a movie as it was, Anchorman 2 did a great job of laying out why the media sucks today. It all came about with the 24-7 news cycle. I blame Ted Turner and Ron Burgandy. Abundance.
    Beat me to the Anchorman 2 reference. It had our current media crisis dialed in.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,889
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited July 2014
    I remember talking to my friend of the time (now ex-friend, long story) about how much Stuart Scott sucked. He waa being a faggot and saying how funny he was. This is probably around 2002. Now he would probably be in the top half of anchors, hell maybe even the top third. That's how bad its become.

I remember thinking Olbermann was a f****** idiot in the 90s too... And in the early and mid 2000's when he did his political stuff ( I was once a right-wing zealot like d2d). Now I'm disappointed when he's on vacation from the show. I was hoping Fox Sports 1 would actually try to improve the climate and give BSPN good competition. Nope.